Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    ^^ I think that there was a lot more privacy back then. The tabloids had not gotten away with the kind of stuff they publish (daily) now. The envelope had mot been pushed yet. We liked our heart-throbs squeaky clean. Plus there was no internet, Twitter, fewer tabloids (which were more interested in extraterrestrials and bizarre illnesses), fewer TV stations, just less opportunity for exploitation.

vCash
    RIP Davy
    From what I have seen and heard, you were a heck of a nice guy. You will be missed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    Mike Nesmith: http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa...ll_to_davy.php (Excerpt; you have to subscribe to his Facebook account to read the whole thing.)
    The lead up to the Nesmith interview says that Davy was the lead singer of The Monkees, but that is wrong. Micky Dolenz sang lead on probably 95% of their songs. Just sayin.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Aww..so sad. I was too young for the Beatles and just barely old enough so that my parents let me buy the Monkees album. I loved them, both the music and the tv show. And of course I remember the Brady Bunch episode very well. I think most of the girls my age back then had a crush on Davy! He was special and will be missed.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    The lead up to the Nesmith interview says that Davy was the lead singer of The Monkees, but that is wrong. Micky Dolenz sang lead on probably 95% of their songs. Just sayin.
    Interviewers don't check their facts. I read something this morning that said Jones was the only one with a musical background. In truth, Tork played several instruments and Nesmith was an aspiring singer/songwriter. Dolenz was the musical rookie, but an experienced child actor. Another story said Jones auditioned for the Monkees, which isn't true; he was already under contract with Screen Gems and was cast before the auditions. Only Nesmith actually got in through the cattle call; everyone else had connections.

vCash
    RIP Davy Jones. I was listening to KROQ this morning (an alt rock station in LA) and one of the commentators (Ralph Garman, I think) was really broken up about it since he worked with him and just talked about what a great person he was to work with and how kind he was to him when he was just starting out. Sounds like he was a really good guy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234