Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Sasha Cohen news/interviews

Sasha Cohen has been doing publicity for the current U.S. Stars on Ice tour, and here are some links to recent interviews.

Interview ahead of the Chicago SOI stop: http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/l...ics/36385.html

Highlights of a live chat with figure skater Sasha Cohen in late January 2012 (ahead of the SOI show in Seattle): http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...atcohen28.html

A complete transcript of the live chat is here: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...henchat25.html
    Excerpt:
    Comment From Louise: Will you be adding jumps back into your show programs? I've noticed that some of the other women who are a few years from their competitive years aren't doing jumps either. Is it to avoid the risk of injury?

Sasha Cohen: For me, it was because I broke my hip. It took away a lot of balance and stability that I had. I had to limit my skating so I could continue to skate. I definitely miss the jumps. But as you get older, injuries are more frequent. And you're not quite that 13-year-old you used to be. I don't know -- I do work on jumps in practice. But, at this point, I'm not as comfortable with doing them in shows. A lot of my joy from skating is not necessarily in jumps.
    This reply below originally was posted in the SOI thread in GSD:
    Quote Originally Posted by lotte86 View Post
    She never told about that [breaking her hip] until recently! I think it happend in april last year, in Prague. She was doing a show there and there was reported (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=77773&page=3) that she was injured and that there was an ambulance outside! I remember that she was also injured last july, she skipped a part of a show in shanghai.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-29-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks for the newest interview in Chicago and Seattle. Hope her hip feels better. Thrilled for her for having found an interest in finance.

Could anyone of finance peeps opine about her chances in finance world? Would she have to get an MBA (I would think so)?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Thanks for the newest interview in Chicago and Seattle. Hope her hip feels better. Thrilled for her for having found an interest in finance.

Could anyone of finance peeps opine about her chances in finance world? Would she have to get an MBA (I would think so)?
    Not for her first job out of college, but to reach the management level, she would likely need an MBA. Most MBA programs prefer applicants have at least 2 years of work experience in their field.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    That's what I thought, thanks. Good luck to her--hope she makes it. We know she has the competitive drive to propel her.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I wonder if Sasha had surgery. Anyone I ever knew who broke a hip, had surgery, but, then again, they were elderly. I know that we have some medical people here, is surgery a necessity for a broken hip?

I think it is terrific that Sasha is in school. She tweets about it a lot and appears to love it. Good for her!

vCash
    We have seriously all fallen down on the job for not knowing our Sasha suffered such a serious injury!!

Even if it was a hairline or stress fracture, that's a serious joint!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    A broken hip is one of the nastiest injuries possible, my dad had to get a rod inserted when he broke his falling off a horse. He could always tell when it was going to rain. (and he didn't even have breasts , so there was never a 20% chance that it was already raining..)

(I personally think Sasha would make an excellent meteorologist)

She's grown up so much since we first watched her, I miss her skating and style a lot. I'm glad she's still able to skate and do what she loves!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Read a bit of Sasha's twitter as well as the articles: this girl is super human. On the weekend she does the SOI tour, wherever it may be, flies back to NYC red eye on Sunday, goes to school from Monday to Wednesday. Thursday is her weekend and Friday is the tour again.

So she flew in from wherever the tour was on Monday, studied for a midterm, took the midterm, went out with friends to swanky restaurants and Broadway shows, worked out, signed up for the women's rugby team at Columbia and all this between Monday and Wednesday night. I get tired just typing this.

Now she says she's been packing for her flight to California cuz the tour is coming to San Jose this weekend. How. does. she. do it????

from Speedy Death

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    We have seriously all fallen down on the job for not knowing our Sasha suffered such a serious injury!!

I really don't think that it was "out there". Obviously, she never tweeted about it.

vCash
    Where is Sasha going to school? I am actually pleasantly surprised by this. Glad she moved on from trying to be an actress.

Sasha was always very determined and a hard worker-I think that is evident if you look at what she accomplished in 2010. No matter where she placed at nationals, that comeback was not easy (just one example of many). So I am not surprised to hear of her hectic schedule that she has and being able to keep up with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    Where is Sasha going to school?
    Columbia.
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    When I was about 19 I got a broken pelvis in a MVA. I was riding a motorbike and a car t-boned me. I went flying about 30 ft and landed on my backside. Ouch. Didn't need surgery. 2 weeks in bed then 6 weeks on crutches.

Don't know how you can have a broken hip and not need crutches. Surely someone would have noticed if Sasha was on crutches. I guess she really wanted to keep it quiet.
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaTurtles View Post
    Columbia.
    Iirc she goes to the same program Tim goebel and "real housewife" Kelly bensimon did.
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    GS enrolls world-class dancers, Olympic athletes, and musicians; investment bankers and small business owners; published authors and military veterans; and people who come from as far away as China, Israel, and Germany. Many students work full-time while pursuing a degree, and many have family responsibilities; others attend classes full-time and experience Columbia's more traditional college life.
    so different than like the hughes sisters who went more traditional ivy full time iirc.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    You don't always need surgery with a hip fracture. Depends on the fracture.

from Speedy Death

vCash

I know right? This injury is news to me! Anyway, hope Sasha fully recovers.

Go Sasha for making the most of her college experience.

Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Read a bit of Sasha's twitter as well as the articles: this girl is super human. On the weekend she does the SOI tour, wherever it may be, flies back to NYC red eye on Sunday, goes to school from Monday to Wednesday. Thursday is her weekend and Friday is the tour again.

So she flew in from wherever the tour was on Monday, studied for a midterm, took the midterm, went out with friends to swanky restaurants and Broadway shows, worked out, signed up for the women's rugby team at Columbia and all this between Monday and Wednesday night. I get tired just typing this.

Now she says she's been packing for her flight to California cuz the tour is coming to San Jose this weekend. How. does. she. do it????
    The rugby team? I AM behind the Sasha-times! That ROCKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    Where is Sasha going to school? I am actually pleasantly surprised by this. Glad she moved on from trying to be an actress.

Sasha was always very determined and a hard worker-I think that is evident if you look at what she accomplished in 2010. No matter where she placed at nationals, that comeback was not easy (just one example of many). So I am not surprised to hear of her hectic schedule that she has and being able to keep up with it.
    How do you know for sure she's moved on from acting? Has she made a statement to this effect? Last I heard she still goes to auditions.
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 03-01-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash

I am ashamed, particularly as a Sasha fan. Totally asleep at the wheel.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    ^^^ no kidding! Don't know how we missed it.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    From the unedited Seattle Times chat transcript (link posted above):
    Comment From Jeff
    I enjoyed Moondance Alexander. Do you think there may be more movies in your future?

Sasha Cohen: I really enjoyed acting. I would love the opportunity to appear in more films and TV shows. However, I really wanted to make school a priority. and really wanted to live in NY and have that experience, before I committed myself to walking down the acting road. It's again another solitary route where you're not that in control of your life at the whim of producers. I want a little more control.

vCash
    Isn't rugby a rather rough sport? I would think that if the broken hip still interferes with her jumping (even if the interference is mental/psychological) it would also interfere with her participation on a women's rugby team.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Rugby can be rough but I doubt it compares to the repetitive pounding a hip receives from practicing and landing triples. It's a different kind of pounding.

from Speedy Death

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast