vCash

Medical Question re: Hearing

I know this sounds odd but I wonder if anyone has experienced this: For several days now there is a persistant noise (about a volume of 3 or 4) that is with me almost always. This morning it was almost nil but then picked up again once I was up and around. It is a soft metallic sound that kind of mimics what a rattlesnake sounds like when it is rattling. No headaches, vision is fine and the sound can be bothersome but it is not so bad that I can't concentrate on whatever I am doing from moment to moment. Have you ever experienced anything like this? And yes, I know I need to get it checked out but I am unemployed and without insurance at the moment. Hopefully that will change soon.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Is it like liquid in the ear? Is the sound absolutely constant or does it get worse when you bend down or move your head suddenly? I can move some muscles and cause this crunching sound in my ears that mimics someone crushing rice krispies or something. I have always been able to do it but I don't know if it is normal or not. However, it isn't something that happens unless I clinch my jaw in a certain way.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    No it is constant but it is not liquid, painful or affecting how I feel at all. It doesn't change when I move or put my head down. I feel fine. I just have this soft sound that persists. I used to get swimmers ear constantly and I know what you are talking about with that rice krispies sound but thank heavens this is not that.
    I used to be a 911 operator and I feel like this is payback for every insane person that called in and was told to put a colander coverd in foil on their head to keep the aliens away.

vCash
    Ear problems can be so unsettling. I sometimes get a ringing in my ear but it is not constant.

I would suggest you do need to get it checked out.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    It never hurts to check it out, but it might be Tinnitus.

I have a constant high pitched ringing in my right ear and have had for quite a few years. Sometimes it can get very loud, sometimes I don't notice it at all. I think it is because I had a very bad ear infection on that side when I was in high school. There has also been times that it causes peoples voices to sound mechanical.
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    Thank you: I will be reading up on this and I will get it checked out. The only good thing I can say is it is not rattling around in my head. The noise sounds as if it is coming from outside of the ear just a few feet away. It is easier to ignore than all of the symptons you get with an ear infection.