vCash

March 1st is Self-Harm Awareness Day

"Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    Good information to know. Thanks for sharing.

Just me
    vCash
    bumping..

This is something everyong should be aware of, especially those who work with or around teenagers and young adults.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Re-registered User
    vCash
    My daughter is under treatment for major depressive disorder, complicated with anxiety, and she struggles with this. She is an amazing kid, and rather than feeling guilty or ashamed, she's trying to help spread awareness of how common (estimates are somewhere between 8-25% of young women have self harmed) this is, and how we need to help and support people with this problem.

She posted a photograph on her Facebook, and DeviantArt gallery to demonstrate how easy it is to hide a huge problem, and it's been reblogged on Tumblr tens of thousands of times. She woke up this morning to find out that Neil Gaiman had put it on his official Tumblr blog!
    (Don't click on the link if you have this problem, and pictures will trigger you. There are no wounds or anything in the picture, but it is somewhat shocking)
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    I hope that more people (regardless of age) can find courage and strength in speaking up, asking for help, or simply to say "I'm in trouble." Anything!

rjblue I can't imagine the struggles your daughter and family have endured. She is remarkable for spreading awareness. I'm sure her awesomeness has plenty to do with the people raising her and surrounding her. Good luck to you all.
    I'm honest, just not always in a nice way

vCash
    I have the utmost sympathy for anyone in pain mentally. I have a lot of respect for your daughter rjblue for bringing this into the open. It had to be very difficult for her.