View Poll Results: Which Performances Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron Marcellus Sanders and/or Male #13 (TBD)

11 36.67%
  • Adam Brock

0 0%
  • Chase Likens

5 16.67%
  • Colton Dixon

4 13.33%
  • Creighton Fraker

6 20.00%
  • Heejun Han

15 50.00%
  • DeAndre Brackensick

8 26.67%
  • Eben Franckewitz

2 6.67%
  • Jeremy Rosado

3 10.00%
  • Joshua Ledet

13 43.33%
  • Phillip Phillips

14 46.67%
  • Reed Grimm

6 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Wow, they certainly saved the best for last. The last three guys were definitely better than the other ten all combined.

Heejun did a great job as always. Such a wonderful tone and pitch perfect as well.

Joshua Ledet has so much passion. Seeing how much he puts into his singing really shows how soulless so many of the other performers are.

And Jermaine Jones. What a great way to close the show. Again, pitch perfect and so smooth and soulful. As long as these three get through, I'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I like going from 24/25 to 12/13 in one week. Get it over with!
    Well if you're not a fan of the show, that would make sense. But for those who like American Idol, we see no need to rush things.

If we move too quickly with picking the final group, we end up with more of those who get in on an "impulse vote". There's less time for tweens to hear how bad Eben might be week after week, making the rest of us suffer longer. Plus those who got less air time now get even less air time. Plus for everyone we do like, there's two less performances we will get from them with this format.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    In case you're waiting to watch this, it was like the first night of a high school talent show. Even the good people were too nervous to perform well.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I have absolutely no idea what the judges were hearing with Deandre Brackensick. It sounded unbelieveably awful in my living room. I could tolerate the last 2 and Phillip Phillips voice. But the only decent song choice was the big guy.

Heejun WTF - is there something wrong with my TV?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    The first guy who sang was just squicky and was trying too hard. He looked like he should be in a polyester suit from the 70s hitting on someone at his used car salesman job. It was almost horrifying.

I think Eben will make it through - he's cute, a teenager and though he had a really bad song choice, he wasn't revoltingly bad. If the listener is a teenage girl. There is a reason the phrase "texting like a tween" exists, after all.
    "If I wore what Amodio is wearing to the gayest gaybar in gayville they would kick me out for being too gay." - toddlj

vCash
    TV was in one room and I was working on the computer in a room across the hall. My ears were bleeding. From what I heard, I will not be playing the show back to actually see them.

Speaking of Jacob from the previous season. As soon as he sang in the auditions a friend got on Facebook and proclaimed him the winner. I couldn't wait for him to get off my screen. As I recall, my mute button was well used.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    I missed this last night; doesn't sound as though I should be sorry!
    I hope the ladies will do better.

I often wonder what the judges are listening to.
    It's not what I hear!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    The judges are listening to the Producers...duh!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Ok the big question...why are there 25 "likes" in this poll? The question was "which performance did you enjoy?" Really....there were 25 enjoyable performances?

vCash
    Fraker & Ledet were the only 2 I really liked. IMO one of the girls will probably win this year.
    Check out dialidol.com if you want a shock!
    Last edited by merrywidow; 02-29-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    Fraker & Ledet were the only 2 I really liked. IMO one of the girls will probably win this year.
    Check out dialidol.com if you want a shock!
    dialidol.com results (contestant's name followed by their odds of getting through):

Spoiler

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I don't like the cutdown from 24 to 12 in one week, either. There's no time to see what they can do for a few weeks. If they had done this in Season 7, we wouldn't have heard David Cook's "Hello" performance, easily one of the best of that season.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    The judges are listening to the Producers...duh!
    True that.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    dialidol.com results (contestant's name followed by their odds of getting through):
    ]
    Remember that the judges have a total of three wild card votes, so there will be a top 13 and some of those that may be eliminated tonight might make it further into the competition. I think that there may have only been one wild card last year and this individual (who I can't remember) actually made it very far through the competition. One of the biggest issues that I could see was that of song choice which may have put previously thought favorites into a compromising position.

vCash
    I absolutely l o a t h e the change of whittling the top 26 into the top 13 in one week. I am very unhappy because going from 24 then 20 the next week (and then 16 and finally 12) gave people time to settle in and get over their nerves. All of the men tonight have sung much better in the past.
    I'd be fine with taking two weeks to cut the top 24 in half, but only if they cut out some of the rehearsal episodes. There is way too much fluff and bad auditions. We should get the top 12 before March. Too much of the series is taken up with nonsense.

Those aren't really the odds of getting through. They are the range of rankings possible based on the site's calculated dial idol score. This would make only the first four people listed as definitely safe according to the dial idol rankings. In the last few seasons, though, dialidol's scoring has not been particularly useful. The raw results have been a bit more helpful. The rankings based on raw results here are quite different.

vCash
    Joshua Ledet has an amazing voice, I dont think I could ever get tired of listening to him sing.

vCash
    LOL at Dial Idol being a total fail.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678