Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I think at least one of those, maybe 2, have been proven to be staged.
    Definitely the one at the big basketball game - that's gotta be staged, with actors. Not very good actors. Highly unnatural.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Really? I think lots of people say I love you when they haven't even thought of marriage.
    In my experience, most do. Marriage is a whole other level of commitment that can be scary even for someone who's in love.

I told my sister (who moved in with her bf after 6 months of dating) that my bf of 3 years and I were thinking of taking the next step, and she looked at me like I had grown another head.

Anyways, nobody I know is into the idea of public proposals. It ruins the intimacy of the moment and it basically forces the girl to say yes when she really truly might not to be ready to.

vCash
    I think at least one of those, maybe 2, have been proven to be staged.
    Yep. In the day and age where millions want to "go viral," I trust none of these anymore. The foodcourt and basketball game "proposals" are particuarly suspect ... almost certainly faked.

vCash
    There was no proposal or anything needed, it would have seemed ridiculous, to be honest.
    I don't think my husband nor I could tell you if there was a "proposal" for us. We walked into a jewelry store, picked out rings and later a date. It sort of just happened. No elaborate proposal, no down on one knee and no talking to my dad first. Why should my dad know before me?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I don't think my husband nor I could tell you if there was a "proposal" for us. We walked into a jewelry store, picked out rings and later a date. It sort of just happened. No elaborate proposal, no down on one knee and no talking to my dad first. Why should my dad know before me?
    I agree with these sentiments but I have also known a lot of crazy Bridezilla types (usually through work) over the years who constantly go on ad nauseam about the need for their BF to propose, the amount of money he should spend on a ring, the originality/public spectacle of the proposal etc etc.

A colleague I shared an office with about 4 years ago got himself into a crazy state of stress based on the amount of agro he got from his GF, her sister and all of their friends about when he was going to propose, how he was going to propose and putting a lot of pressure on him. In the end the stupid bint would have been better off keeping quiet about it because the amount of bitching she and her friends did put back the porposal by a good year while he waited for a break in the pressure so that it didn't look like the proposal came on the back of a round of give-him-shit-until-he-proposes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12