Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Well, none of us has any conclusive proof that God exists, so until then yes they were.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Well, none of us has any conclusive proof that God exists, so until then yes they were.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    If religion never existed, there would be no thoughts of being unwilling to live in a world without it.
    Yep!

Also, humans are driven to create. Do people really think that the people who created gospel music or cathedrals or all the other art mentioned here wouldn't have created something just as wonderful if there were no religions? I think they would have!
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I am not religious at all, but I am not sure it would make a difference to have no religion, because there'd still be politics so there'd still be: : and

just with different justifications.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Also, humans are driven to create. Do people really think that the people who created gospel music or cathedrals or all the other art mentioned here wouldn't have created something just as wonderful if there were no religions? I think they would have!
    Oh sure, they'd be like L. Ron Hubbard and they'd put their powerz into creating religions.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    The second verse of the song is probably my favorite. The thought of no war or bigotry based on religion and everyone living in peace sounds great to me. Not liking Cee-Lo's change.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I am not religious at all, but I am not sure it would make a difference to have no religion, because there'd still be politics so there'd still be: : and

just with different justifications.
    Except the song also calls for getting rid of that too... I think that's the entire point of the song. Not that we should get rid of those things, but we should Imagine what life would be like without them and then figure out how to make the good parts happen anyway.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    And if that LSD munching peace sign toting dreamer were still alive I'd respond to his lyrical preaching with something like, "Hey hey Johnny, forget imagining no countries and religion and whatnot, let's start with imagining a world where husbands don't emotionally abuse their wives!" Think globally, act locally and all that, you Mean Mr. Mustard you.

The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Idjit.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    And if that LSD munching peace sign toting dreamer were still alive I'd respond to his lyrical preaching with something like, "Hey hey Johnny, forget imagining no countries and religion and whatnot, let's start with imagining a world where husbands don't emotionally abuse their wives!" Think globally, act locally and all that, you Mean Mr. Mustard you.

"Imagine all the people living life in peace"

I think that includes imagining a world where husbands don't emotionally abuse their wives.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DAngel View Post
    "Imagine all the people living life in peace"

I think that includes imagining a world where husbands don't emotionally abuse their wives.
    So what about boxing in this imaginary peacenik world, would that have to cease being a sport? Would Muhammad Ali have to go back to being Cassius Clay? If there's to be no competition among humankind and nothing but peace and tranquility, then there goes football and soccer. It sounds to me like this is a world without winners and without losers so there goes figure skating. There goes all sports, there goes the Oscars, the Grammys, the Razzies and RuPaul's Drag Race. COP could never survive in this world. Lordy, what would Plushy do???? Plushy would have to give back his platinum medal!

This is starting to sound like some freaky sequinless dystoptia!!!!!!!

vCash
    What about boxing, football and soccer? They can exists in a peaceful world. In fact, anything can exists in your peaceful world. Lennon asked people to imagine a peaceful world. If you think murder and destruction is your peaceful world, then you're free to imagine that. 7 billion people, 7 billion different peaceful worlds.

Why put limits on your imagination?

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    But he specifically says no possessions and no religions and no countries. So Muhammad Ali has to be Cassius Clay, Dorothy Hamill can't win gold for America, and Plushy simply MUST give back that platinum medal dangnabbit.

Sports can't exist because with sport comes the thrill of victory and/or the agony of defeat. If there are no possessions then an athlete can possess neither the thrill or the agony. No thrill + No Agony = No Sport.

Nationals - gone. Worlds - gone. The Olympics are gone gone GONE! Kablooey! Good night, Irene.

I'm telling you, I just can't live in a world where Howard Cosell isn't Jewish anymore!

vCash
    I have no idea who that is

Goodnight Southpaw

I am going to dream of a world without religions, where houses are made of cookies and haagen dazs rains from the sky, and of course, all the people are living life in peace

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Southpaw, you are so sweet to take over the sarcasm bit for me. How does it feel when people take you seriously when you go so over the top? Fun, no?

P.S. I got negative repped for my original post.

What about boxing, football and soccer? They can exists in a peaceful world.
    Cool! Tell me more about this peaceful boxing of yours. Do the gloves come off and are replaced by feathers? Is there lots of tickling? It sounds like fun!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    (((PeterG)))
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    But he specifically says no possessions and no religions and no countries. So Muhammad Ali has to be Cassius Clay, Dorothy Hamill can't win gold for America, and Plushy simply MUST give back that platinum medal dangnabbit.

Sports can't exist because with sport comes the thrill of victory and/or the agony of defeat. If there are no possessions then an athlete can possess neither the thrill or the agony. No thrill + No Agony = No Sport.

Nationals - gone. Worlds - gone. The Olympics are gone gone GONE! Kablooey! Good night, Irene.

I'm telling you, I just can't live in a world where Howard Cosell isn't Jewish anymore!

Dogs and cats living in peace!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Dogs and cats living in peace!
    Yes!Dogs and cats living in peace!
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    What about boxing, football and soccer? They can exists in a peaceful world. In fact, anything can exists in your peaceful world. Lennon asked people to imagine a peaceful world. If you think murder and destruction is your peaceful world, then you're free to imagine that. 7 billion people, 7 billion different peaceful worlds.

Why put limits on your imagination?
    And then we'd have 7 billion people over who's peaceful worlds were better. Humans are competitive. Some humans are cruel. Though I am not a fan of organized religion, it is not the religion itself that is the problem. It is human intolerance. It is the individuals who believe, their way is the only right way, and that others have no rights. Let us also remember that the rules and structures of organized religion were written/translated/interpreted/taught by humans.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast