Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Oy, Catherine (/ anybody!), how could you be anywhere near fond of BigB Rachel? That woman is thoroughly completely excruiatingly EXHAUSTING!

She WON Big Brother? The rest of the cast must have been horrible and/or ignorant people.

Border Patrol is overly macho-confident, and that will probably cost them the Race down the road, but I love how they'v got BigB 100% pegged. "No, we're not going to follow those nimrods"

Loving Bopper and Pukey, and ... well, actually, this cast is a "win" so far . Strong and probably strong racers abound, interesting "real lives," and clear heroes and villains. Good job, TARPTB.

Glad that the clowns went, as I found them to be like all clowns -- sad on the inside, and desperate to convince themselves and us that they're "the happiest couple in the world." (His words, not mine.) I didn't want to watch that any longer ... yuck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    She WON Big Brother? The rest of the cast must have been horrible and/or ignorant people.
    She won BB because she is GOOD at challenges, and BB has an odd mix of needing people to like you vs. respect you for playing the game. People didn't like her. Also, the producers totally gave it to her.

Demon Barber
    vCash
    I need to say for the record that Team Jersey is from Long Island, NY. Let's give credit where credit is due.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Glad that the clowns went, as I found them to be like all clowns -- sad on the inside, and desperate to convince themselves and us that they're "the happiest couple in the world." (His words, not mine.) I didn't want to watch that any longer ... yuck.
    And two episodes in, we heard "Tears of Clown" twice. Oy. Glad it's over. Plus, can't get over that they ran the race in what passes for business casual attire for some in my office.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Not related to this episode, but was talking TAR with someone, who 'claims' that whenever they are in countries where they drive on the opposite side of the road than in the USA, they never have them drive themselves due to preventing accidents since racers would not be used to it? That they always have to take either taxi's, walk, public transportation or some way other than driving themselves when they are in countries that drive on the left? That sounds bogus to me. They go to an awful lot of countries that drive on the left but that's something I would never pay attention to to notice. I say not true, she says true. Who be right?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Not related to this episode, but was talking TAR with someone, who 'claims' that whenever they are in countries where they drive on the opposite side of the road than in the USA, they never have them drive themselves due to preventing accidents since racers would not be used to it? That they always have to take either taxi's, walk, public transportation or some way other than driving themselves when they are in countries that drive on the left? That sounds bogus to me. They go to an awful lot of countries that drive on the left but that's something I would never pay attention to to notice. I say not true, she says true. Who be right?
    You. They drove in Japan and the UK before (Ireland too?) as far as I recall.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    One season they had to get a driver's license in India as a roadblock. India drives on the left, yes?

vCash
    I got around to watching the episode last night, as my Sunday evening was spent in airports

BB Rachel - oof. "But I don't know anything about cows!" Yeah, you obviously don't know much about simple division as well. I love that the other two teams there worked together and left her out to dry. Then I loved it that Mark & Bopper beat them to the mat even though they left the roadblock at the same time.

Those two girl teams got lucky. I'm glad they ended up 5th and 6th because I like both of them. And their genuine excited-ness when they were told they weren't last was awesome.

Vanessa & Ralph have been great entertainment so far. I was completely at their intro clip, but turns out that so far I was wrong on my original reception of them. "Son of a monkey's uncle!"

Ratings sucked, mostly because of the Oscars. I hope they bounce back next week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12