Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Amazing Race 2/26 You Know I'm Not as Smart as You

No thread?
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    The queens are all watching the Oscar red carpet. Er, all but one.

Go Border Patrol! Keep up the good work [pissing off the twatty Big Brother pair].

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Twatty Big Brothers have already annoyed the rest of the pack. I'm sort of hoping the Hicks make it to the final. I'll be sad when they go.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    "I'm not good at math." Someone beat her, please.

Oh, dear Lord. If she can't handle day two of the race, that doesn't bode well for long term success.

On the other hand, she's totally annoying, which usually does.

So.

Yeah.

vCash
    I LOVED watching Rachel from BB saying "I'm not good at math" and crying about it. She spent all of BB lording over everyone how smart she was (but not as smart as Brendan), and how she was a chemist...

vCash
    She claimed to have been a chemist? Really? Or is cooking meth all it takes to obtain that designation?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I will cry if the Clowns are eliminated tonight. I don't want to go down on the first attempt. : Stupid bus window. I'm sort of competitive like the NoRioGrande boys.

vCash
    I just want the hawt twins to make it. I don't even care if I go out. (I have the Tools.)

Tranquillo
    vCash
    tivoing TAR to watch the Oscars live.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    OMG- I hate the little cheer the girls in the pink tops just did.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I just want the hawt twins to make it. I don't even care if I go out. (I have the Tools.)
    It'll be twins, tools or clowns and it's not looking good for the clowns. Oh, well.

vCash
    Rachel:

We are awesome!

vCash
    Wait - BB Rachel just called someone else's make up overdone? She might not be wrong, but pot meet kettle.

vCash
    Why in the heck was Rachel having such a melt down? God, that was annoying!

Team Kentucky needs subtitles at all times. I probably missed 3/4 of what they were saying.

Jersey Tools still not as annoying as I originally thought they might be.

Not sad to see the Sad Clowns out. I can't respect anyone who runs the race in khakis.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    She claimed to have been a chemist? Really? Or is cooking meth all it takes to obtain that designation?
    She's supposedly a graduate student in chemistry.

I found this on another message board:

I used to know her a few years back, and she was so incredibly stupid, but she would always use the line that she is a chemist and she is "like totally super smart, people just think I'm a ditz." I witnessed her inability to even do basic math.

Haven't we all?

But if Wiki is to be believed, she does indeed have a chemistry degree from Western Carolina University.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Wait - BB Rachel just called someone else's make up overdone?
    Yes, but it was Vanessa, who is (IMHO, of course) prettier than Rachel and got the math question right.

English majors unite! WE can do basic math! Just don't ask us to do anything like, you know, algebra.

But I can't see Rachel being too fond of Vanessa .

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    Why in the heck was Rachel having such a melt down? God, that was annoying!
    "Stop yelling at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

I love it when dating couples fight like that . He actually tried to appease her. My husband might apologize once, but if I kept whining, would tell me to get a move on and cry in the taxi.

I wonder how long it will be before Brendan's friends stop telling him he has a booger on his nose .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I wonder if the Clown guy (sorry, still don't know names ) never did get the math problem right, but everyone had already checked in so the producers just told the guy to give him the clue? He looked like he had no idea how to solve the problem. Although neither did I, until I played it back like 4 times to hear it over and over again, so who am I to judge. Plus I suck at math to so it woulda taken me forever to do the math each time I counted the cows. Counting the cows correctly seemed to be the biggest problem.

How exactly did the bus window break anyway? Did someone throw something at it? How does the window "just break"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post

How exactly did the bus window break anyway? Did someone throw something at it? How does the window "just break"?
    I'm guessing a rock kicked up on the road.

I had a window break on my car when a mowing machine threw a rock at it. It was terrifying and the film from the tinting held most of the glass together (though it was broken into a million little pieces). I can't imagine how no one was hurt when that window clearly shattered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I wonder if the Clown guy (sorry, still don't know names ) never did get the math problem right, but everyone had already checked in so the producers just told the guy to give him the clue? He looked like he had no idea how to solve the problem. Although neither did I, until I played it back like 4 times to hear it over and over again, so who am I to judge. Plus I suck at math to so it woulda taken me forever to do the math each time I counted the cows. Counting the cows correctly seemed to be the biggest problem.

I wouldn't be surprised that the producers informed the clue giver just to hand the clue over to the clown (don't remember his name either) after all of the other teams have checked in, to save some time and not have Phil do the elimination at the stock yard.

And I saw a large tire near the 2nd bus when it was pulled over on the side of the road so it looked like a tire came loose from another vehicle, causing the window to break. Keep an eye out for post show interviews with the clowns to just see how long they were on the side of the road with the other 3 teams.

Since I've watched both seasons of Rachel on big brother, her random tears over nothing doesn't bother me. I'm actually kind of fond of her in some weird way.

I also love team Kentucky, just cause I lived in eastern Kentucky for 3 years and Booper & Mark remind me of that time of my life. The hot twins, team Jersey and the cousins are other teams I like.

vCash
    I was lucky. Here in Canada they put TAR on at 7 so we could watch Oscars live.

Laughed out loud when I saw they had to do a math problem... many people would probably have trouble with that one, not because the math was hard but because of the stress of the situation which can make you forget basics.

Can not understand Bopper half the time. Mark is ok, but, the other guy, funny as he is, has just too much twang that I'm not yet used to!!

BB Rachel is an idiot.

Didn't find the clowns that funny, but then they were around too short a time to really learn much about them.

You could kind of tell who was going because even though other teams were also in the bottom, they didn't ever focus on them, letting you know you'd learn about them later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    The hot twins, team Jersey and the cousins are other teams I like.
    God help me, I actually think the Jersey Tools are cute!! I liked the comment/low drama re: the blood running down the one guy's hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast