Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Stars on Ice

Let's go Anacode!!!
    vCash
    She skated in the second half...probably halfway through the second act? She stumbled out of her axel (which I think might have been her only jump?) She did some of the split leap jumps and some spirals. It was a nice program and she was wearing a sparkly gold dress.
    Don't cry because its over...smile because it happened.

vCash
    So Hughes jumped after all?

vCash

Hershey

Very much enjoyed the show! Loved the flow, the costumes, and the skating. Only one fall (Ryan) - super clean! Even Sarah hit the axel... Hadn't seen any pics and tried not to read reviews so I didn't know what to expect. Like most others, Waiting For My Real Life to Begin was one of the highlights. Missed Yuka and Mike but other than that felt this was a very complete show. Went with my dad who is 60 and my little cousin who is 6 and we all had a great time. Would say there were about 4-5 thousand in attendance. What struck me in a bad way was no advanced order forms like we typically see. If only we'd gotten Kurt involved a few years back...he still amazes! Congrats on a great team effort. Hope this wasn't my last Stars after an 18 year run...!!

vCash
    Thanks, skamper for your review of the Portland show. Got to love that the skaters tweeted back forth during the show . Hershey show was great! There were order forms for next season in the first few rows where we sat, so we hope that's a good sign for next season. A question for anyone who was lucky enough to attend one of the other shows and at Hershey. Were there any pranks done as a tradition of this final stop on the tour?

vCash
    Sarah Hughes tweeted that the cast left her out there all alone for final bows...as a prank on her

vCash
    Thanks for the reviews everyone (and photos, to those who shared them). Sorry I had to miss the show this year- ultimately it wasn't worth the expense/time for me to travel to the "nearest" location.

I also appreciate the skaters tweeting backstage stuff as well (is this the first year they've done this?).

vCash
    The Hershey show was fantastic. Loved everybody and they all looked like they were having a blast. I've got photos that I will try to post this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    A question for anyone who was lucky enough to attend one of the other shows and at Hershey. Were there any pranks done as a tradition of this final stop on the tour?
    I did not get to Hershey but based on this video on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agUtrUtTAUI

The pause on one foot was twice longer than the one in other shows I saw.

Also Joannie does a strange move at 1:15, but I do not know if it was a part of prank or just an accident.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skamper23 View Post
    Sarah Hughes tweeted that the cast left her out there all alone for final bows...as a prank on her
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    I did not get to Hershey but based on this video on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agUtrUtTAUI

The pause on one foot was twice longer than the one in other shows I saw.

Also Joannie does a strange move at 1:15, but I do not know if it was a part of prank or just an accident.
    Thanks!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    A question for anyone who was lucky enough to attend one of the other shows and at Hershey. Were there any pranks done as a tradition of this final stop on the tour?
    I went to the Hershey show and agree with those who think this was the best tour in several years.

If there were any pranks, I could not distinguish them from the scripted humor. (I did not realize until I got home and looked it up that this was the last SOI for the US tour this year.) I did notice that after the final bows, the cast backed up to the tunnel end and Todd came forward to take a solo bow and wave to the audience. I wonder if that means this was his last SOI.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chele615 View Post
    She skated in the second half...probably halfway through the second act? She stumbled out of her axel (which I think might have been her only jump?) She did some of the split leap jumps and some spirals. It was a nice program and she was wearing a sparkly gold dress.
    A double axel?

vCash
    I imagine it was a double as there were no big jumps; if I recall correctly, she fell on that one in Pittsburgh also. But she looked very trim, relaxed and happy to be there.
    Last edited by Willowway; 03-22-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    I imagine it was a double as there were no big jumps; if I recall correctly, she fell on that one in Pittsburgh also. But she looked very trim, relaxed and happy to be there.
    I'd say that a double axel is a pretty "big" jump for someone who hadn't jumped in yrs.

vCash
    I wish I could see that. Sarah's double Axel was always one of her best jumps.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    I wish I could see that. Sarah's double Axel was always one of her best jumps.
    Yes, it was.

vCash
    Pretty sure it was a clean single axel 4 Sarah in Hershey.

vCash
    It's a start! Best of luck to her
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I found some videos, including videos from practices, on this channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ilabach/videos

Also Sinead and John Kerr mention SOI in their interview:

This season you're skating in "Stars on Ice" for the first time...
    John: Yeah, it's very exciting. It's such a dream to be able to skate with people like Kurt Browning, Todd Eldredge and Ilia Kulik. And we're good friends with Ryan Bradley, so we are having a good time hanging out together.
    Sinead: It's a very nice cast. We had a very intense schedule while we did our rehearsals in Lake Placid back in December, so we all got very close as a team and it feels like we're one big family.

How was it to work with Kurt Browning and Jeffrey Buttle as choreographers?
    John: It was brilliant. They're such a good combination, because Kurt is great on the steps, and Jeff's really good with the timing and the upper body movement and everything.
    Sinead: I think we had the best of both worlds with those two, the main driving force of what we did on the ice; it was great, all the team was fantastic.
    John: It was also Geoffrey Tyler, a good friend of Kurt's, who made a lot of really good suggestions. So we had a great creative team. And the other Jef, Jef Billings (director/designer of "Stars on Ice" - ed). When I was growing up as a single skater Kurt was my hero, so it's just surreal to be able to be in a show with him. The guy is 40 years old and he still does some amazing stuff. I hope I can do that when I'm his age.

vCash
    My 'best of' gallery from the Hershey, PA stop is now online: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&notif_t=like

Happy viewing!

-Hoo

vCash
    Some amazing photos there Hoo!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast