Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I too found Artist rather gimmicky, for B&W and silent, but most others found it extraordinary for the very same reason. I have to disagree with you that it was nothing more. The cinematography was brilliant, the acting was excellent, and it had a very nice mix of comedy and tragedy. I feel it's overrated/overhyped, that's all.

The story was clever, and I even liked Owen Wilson in that movie- that's a great director!
    I'll agree that the cinematography was excellent. We'll have to agree to disagree on the acting, which I thought was serviceable but not extraordinary. I didn't find it to be comical or tragic. Except maybe the dog. The dog was funny. I don't find losing everything because you're a selfish asshat who refuses to change particularly tragic; I find it juvenile.

A friend of mine told me she could tell I had been a teacher at one time just by my rant on The Artist. I must stop posting on this topic. It's a really good thing I was not online when The English Patient came out, which is probably the movie that has been the biggest recipient of my

I really, really, really hate The English Patient. :blood boils:

breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out...
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I really, really, really hate The English Patient. :blood boils:

breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out...

The only thing I liked about "TEP" was that it gave Kristin Scott-Thomas an Oscar nom.

And the chocolate-n-black gown she wore to the ceremony that year was gorgeous.

vCash
    The best thing about the English Patient was the episode of Seinfeld it led to where Elaine was shunned by the world for hating it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    The best thing about the English Patient was the episode of Seinfeld it led to where Elaine was shunned by the world for hating it
    "Stop telling your boring story and DIE ALREADY!!!!!!"

vCash
    I know that the English Patient is one of the hated movies on fsu, but I loved it! I felt it was a beautiful work of art.

vCash
    I completely agree, Vash. I know there's tons of hate for The English Patient in many places, but I found it moving, interesting (esp. the whole concepts of maps, borders, and the Herodotus angle), well-acted, excellent technical side, and not at all boring. I did not like it the first time I saw it, but have returned to it many times and found it nuanced and powerful. I also was thrilled when Binoche beat out the totally trite performance by Lauren Bacall for the Oscar when everyone though she had it in the bag.

The Seinfeld bit about TEP is quite funny, though.

vCash
    I loved The English Patient (Ralph Fiennes ) AND Titanic. So there.

but I hated Avatar.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234