Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    I doubt it's pure coincidence if the original Holmes stories continue to serve as a source of inspiration.
    It's definitely not any sort of coincidence in that case, "House" was explicitly Holmes and Watson (House and Wilson? It's even in the name...)

And I think it's pretty clear what the exchange with Molly at the end was about. Two things: 1. I can't think of anyone else to set up the fake "Mrs. Hudson's been shot" call to get Watson out of there and 2.

Spoiler

vCash
    Thanks danceronice---I'm looking forward to the artful way they will relay all of this info regarding Sherlock's last moments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    And I think it's pretty clear what the exchange with Molly at the end was about. Two things: 1. I can't think of anyone else to set up the fake "Mrs. Hudson's been shot" call to get Watson out of there and 2.

Spoiler

Pretty much think something along those lines too. If you go back and watch the first episode of the second series, I think you also see that the newspaper has a story about renovations at the hospital, and I bet that plays into it as well.

vCash
    She's a part of his very small "trusted network" , surely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    It's a "device" used to indicate just how "acute" Sherlock's mind is, even compared to Watson's.
    Yes, we understand that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    Was it Alan Cumming, AKA Eli Gold from The Good Wife? We love him!
    He was recently on Piers Morgan and his physical appearance was

Oh, and will there be anymore Sherlock episodes???
    Last edited by Peaches LaTour; 05-24-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: made a boo-boo

vCash

vCash
    Oh that is too long to wait. I sure wouldn't mind seeing a feature length film with this "Sherlock" as opposed to the other crew. That it is gorgeously filmed even comes across on my little tv screen. Just think of it at our local, awesome theater with their sound system and huge screens. Heaven.

vCash
    If Cumberbatch and Freeman weren't so "in demand" for other projects, due to the success of "Sherlock", the wait wouldn't be as long.
    Great for them, yet maddening for us; especially for viewers in the US.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    ^ Small consolation: both seasons of Sherlock are worth re-watching. I know I've picked up things on repeat viewings that I missed the first time around.

(BTW, does anyone have the BluRay versions? Just wondering if there are any choice extras that make them worthwhile.)

And hey ... just happened to stumble across this, don't think it was posted earlier: The Blog of Dr. John Watson. (The hit counter is still stuck at 1895 ... )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post

(BTW, does anyone have the BluRay versions? Just wondering if there are any choice extras that make them worthwhile.)
    I'd like to know that before I order, as well.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    ^ Ok, I just read the descriptions/reviews over at DVDTalk, and it looks like the BluRay content is identical to the DVD. So, given that it's TV and not a movie, given that BluRay would only emphasize the "conversion glitches" from the other side of the pond ... and given that I've never noticed more than infinitesimal difference between DVD & BluRay quality, I'll be going DVD.

vCash
    So, here is another preview of Elementary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff-Xi...layer_embedded I'm still feeling quite ambivalent about it.

There are a few times in this when something he say, or the way he acts just doesn't seem right. It's very similar to the way I feel about the Gwenyth Paltrow version of Emma. Just the way something is phrased or something. Hard to explain.

vCash
    I do think they are trying to put together a fine show with "Elementary." For me it makes me think of the 60 Minutes interview when Paul Newman mortified his wife when asked why he didn't cheat on her and he replied something like "Why go out for hamburger when you have steak at home?" But for me this fits here. I think the "Sherlock" we love will be considered one of the greatest of all mystery series. And maybe mystery is too limiting. "Elementary" will always pale in comparison and I won't be able to watch it without making comparisons.

vCash
    I fear that "Elementary" will be only a poor imitation.
    As though I need more reasons to appreciate "Sherlock"!

vCash
    I have not watched 'Sherlock" on TV, but just purchased two seasons on Amazon prime. Thank you FSU for getting it on my radar. I am obsessed, addicted and in love. The best rendition of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson, amazingly true to the spirit of the books. The acting, the writing, the cinematography- all stunning. Having to wait for two years till season 3 is painful- I better be looking out for something just as good to drive it away.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Best Actor in a Movie/Miniseries
    Benedict Cumberbatch - "Sherlock" - PBS/ "Sherlock" was nominated as well for a "Critics Choice" award. Does awards season ever end? And alas Martin Freeman was not mentioned.... But I'm happy for the show and Cumberbatch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Best Actor in a Movie/Miniseries
    Benedict Cumberbatch - "Sherlock" - PBS/ "Sherlock" was nominated as well for a "Critics Choice" award. Does awards season ever end? And alas Martin Freeman was not mentioned.... But I'm happy for the show and Cumberbatch.
    Martin Freeman got the Best Supporting Actor in British BAFTA Awards, while Cumberbatch was nominated but did not win- so the two seem to split the awards pretty evenly. Both are such great actors.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Well I'm glad to read that as Freeman's Dr. Watson is so interesting. And ita about Cumberbatch!

vCash
    I'm glad that Martin Freeman is receiving such well-deserved praise.

I hope that viewers and critics alike realize that his portrayal would not be nearly as effective; except for the equally amazing, masterful performance by Benedict Cumberbatch in the title role.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast