Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Frankl's book is amazing. Words to live by, the power to choose your own response to any given situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    I don't do Lent or anything religious any longer, but I'll echo this. Diet soda tastes so good when you're drinking it every day. When you stop for 2-3 weeks and start again, it tastes like you're drinking chemicals. (Yet I still drink it. ) It's amazing how much our brain can trick our tastebuds.

I find that candy is like this, too. I have a terrible sweet tooth for sugary candy, like Mike & Ike and Starburst. If I can make it a few weeks without having any, all of a sudden it tastes like disgusting plastic. But if I give in every few days, I keep craving them.

This isn't really for Lent, but I'm giving up Splenda packets and not putting anything in coffee or tea. For years, I poo-pooed the research that artificial sweeteners trick your brain into craving sugar, but now that I'm giving it an honest chance, I think there may be something to it.
    I'm drinking a hazelnut K-cup coffee with one Splenda right now.

vCash
    How's everyone's Lent gone. This week, the final week, has been the hardest for me so far, but I haven't broken my fasts. Last weekend I actually almost made a coffee, just out of habit!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12