Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    I'm already wondering what week it will be when Gavin DeGraw is the musical guest on results night.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    She has talent. Just not as an opera singer. It's like seeing Sasha Cohen doing a dance lift with three men and doing a couple of twizzles and calling her an ice dancer.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    She has talent. Just not as an opera singer. It's like seeing Sasha Cohen doing a dance lift with three men and doing a couple of twizzles and calling her an ice dancer.
    I listened to a few youtube videos, of her singing. And, I agree with you, an accomplished opera singer, she is not. However, she does have a nice voice and can do more than stand around looking pretty . Of course, it remains to be seen whether the girl with a nice voice can dance better than the girl who stands around just looking pretty .

Read, somewhere, that Jaleel actually has some dance experience. Don't know how reliable it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Of course, it remains to be seen whether the girl with a nice voice can dance better than the girl who stands around just looking pretty .
    Now, now ... according to Maria's wiki entry, she has done more than "standing around just looking pretty":
    Menounos also presented at the Earth Day Network's Climate Rally in Washington, DC on April 25, 2010. She encouraged people to go green and threw carrots into the crowd.
    I wonder if Derek will somehow work throwing carrots into the choreo? With Earth Day coming up in April, they could use "It's Not Easy Being Green" for their music.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Gladys might be older, but she's still GLADYS KNIGHT AND THE PIPS! (Also, if her appearance on Man v. Food is anything to go by-she cooked wings at her restaurant for Adam and was quite kind about his crush-she's got a sense of humor about herself.)

And oh THAT'S who Jaleel White is. Never having watched Urkel I have no idea. (Yes, I know the show was called Family Matters.)

Seriously, I know Gladys, Martina, and Melissa. That's it. And I know Melissa for being SAG President, Anna Sheridan on B5, and Bruce Boxleitner's (ex?) wife. Little House is the first show where I pulled "THIS TOTALLY SUCKS AND IS NOTHING LIKE THE BOOK IT'S STUPID AND I WON'T WATCH IT." (The Little House books hold a very high place in our house. "Laura" was a runner-up for my name, but lost to the title character from Eunice Young Smith's Jennifer Hill books.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Read, somewhere, that Jaleel actually has some dance experience. Don't know how reliable it is.
    Jaleel definitely has dance experience.

vCash
    I remember Maria Menounos as a news person on Channel One when we got it at the school where I worked. Anderson Cooper was one of their reporters, too.

vCash
    This cast seems like a bit of a letdown from the names that were swirling about. But none the less, I'll still watch and enjoy the season. I'm surprised with a few of those that ended up being cast that weren't mentioned on any of the rumor lists, Jaleel White and Gladdys Knight being a few.

vCash
    Better this cast than some of those that were rumored to be taking part!

vCash
    I don't think I'd recognize any of these folks except Gladys and Martina. None of the other names look familiar.
    I think they must be having a much harder time casting these days.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    You don't recognize Gladys Knight? Motown, baby - Motown!

vCash
    As the mom of a tweener now teenager I can tell you that Roshan is a really good dancer. Better than the two girls on the "Shake it Up Chicago" show they portray on Disney. Really good....
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash

Thumbs down

Once again, no Louis Van Amstel...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    I don't think I'd recognize any of these folks except Gladys and Martina. None of the other names look familiar.
    And I recognize more names this season than either of the last two seasons.

I think name recognition depends a great deal on your age and how much you follow current television and pop culture.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Once again, no Louis Van Amstel...
    or Lacey

I am thrilled there's no one from Jersey Shore though, and for Gavin DeGraw

vCash
    And here I was thinking I actually knew who most of these people were for a change... lol at Martina!!!

vCash
    Donald Driver is one of the nicest people on earth. I will vote for him like the Packer fangirl I am.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr50 View Post
    Donald Driver is one of the nicest people on earth. I will vote for him like the Packer fangirl I am.
    Me too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Opera singer, my ass. In her own mind.
    She generally bills herself as a classical crossover singer, no? Not as an opera singer. So, not in her own mind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Little House is the first show where I pulled "THIS TOTALLY SUCKS AND IS NOTHING LIKE THE BOOK IT'S STUPID AND I WON'T WATCH IT."
    You too, huh?
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    This cast seems like a bit of a letdown from the names that were swirling about.
    here I was thinking what a relief it was after that trainwreck of a rumor list, and that I might actually watch this season

not happy about no Louis Van Amstel though
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast