Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Madeleine Rutledge was a singles skater (ETA: she qualified for Junior Nationals last season but did not advance to the Intermediate Ladies final round) and is new to dance - I think she's around 14 years old. Will Rutledge/Brooks be training in Colorado Springs?
    I don't think I know who those two are. Are there any pics of them?

Banned Member
    vCash
    Tyler Brooks skated Novice and Junior with Jessica Mancini. They did well in Novice, not so well in Junior. There were on TEAM USA. His new partner apparently is new to competitive ice dance. Difficult to jump into Junior. The transition from freestyle to dance is not an easy one to make. Many freestyle skaters are under the misimpression that ice dance is easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceymom View Post
    Tyler Brooks skated Novice and Junior with Jessica Mancini. They did well in Novice, not so well in Junior. There were on TEAM USA. His new partner apparently is new to competitive ice dance. Difficult to jump into Junior. The transition from freestyle to dance is not an easy one to make. Many freestyle skaters are under the misimpression that ice dance is easy.
    For Madeleine, she's not starting completely from scratch as some singles skaters do when they switch to dance. She's steadily worked on her pattern dance tests (standard track) along side her freestyle and MIF tests, starting in 2004 and as of January passed her Pre-Gold dance test. I think I saw she has Senior MIF passed within the past few years as well.

So for testing she only has to focus on her free dance tests this summer. Her presentation, musicality, and projection has been among the strongest in her level in Eastern Great Lakes in the past few years (at least, I remember her for that), so she may be a very capable ice dancer. Hopefully she gets at least 2 seasons in with this partner to really develop.
    Last edited by Rochelle; 06-04-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Ack. Had Madeline instead of Madeleine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    For Madeleine, she's not starting completely from scratch as some singles skaters do when they switch to dance. She's steadily worked on her pattern dance tests (standard track) along side her freestyle and MIF tests, starting in 2004 and as of January passed her Pre-Gold dance test. I think I saw she has Senior MIF passed within the past few years as well.

So for testing she only has to focus on her free dance tests this summer. Her presentation, musicality, and projection has been among the strongest in her level in Eastern Great Lakes in the past few years (at least, I remember her for that), so she may be a very capable ice dancer. Hopefully she gets at least 2 seasons in with this partner to really develop.
    I remember the same of her presentation and musicality. She is a very strong and consistent competitor. I beleive she qualifed for Jr. Nationals three or four times. Has always had amazing footwork and skating skills. I know she was also a very accomplished competitive ballet dancer. She was coached by Seth Chafetz for years. She has gorgeous lines and is stunning on the ice. I'm not surprised at all she wasn't on icepartner search very long. I wonder if she will continue her singles skating?? Has anyone confirmed if Tyler and Madeleine are in Detroit

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I have since learned that Madeleine Rutledge/Tyler Brooks are training in Colorado Springs.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Banned Member
    vCash
    There is a huge difference between testing with a coach and testing and competing with a partner. Freestyle and ice dance are two different sports and the transition is not easy to make. I wish them good luck but whoever said it will take two seasons to develop is correct in that statement. You can not translate testing to skating with a partner.

vCash
    E. Samuelson/ T. Gilles removed from US Figure Skating ISP list. :-(
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=447

vCash
    Yes, but WHAT is going on with them? Injured? Split? Retired? I'm puzzled. Selfishly, I want to see them skate this season and was looking forward to seeing their continued improvement.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    If they were injured they wouldn't have been removed from the International Selection Pool, methinks. I think this is a split.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    If they were injured they wouldn't have been removed from the International Selection Pool, methinks. I think this is a split.
    NOOO!!! Not again!

Looking for my siggy!!!
    vCash
    Samuelson & Gilles performed at Skate for Hope I believe it is called, so are they still skating, or was this just a prior commitment? I hope they continue but with their names off the ISPool it doesn't seem likely.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    The following was posted in the 2012 Skate for Hope thread in GSD (I've copied my response below):
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecmu0503 View Post
    Unfortunately, Emily and Todd have chosen not to continue their partnership.
    That's the assumption that was made in the US Ice Dance splits thread when it was noticed their names had been removed from the U.S. team envelope and ISP at the beginning of June. There's been no public statement by either Samuelson or Gilles so far, which is why people have been wondering. I think it's great they both honored their commitment to participate in Skate for Hope and wish them both well in whatever comes next for them.

ETA that I'm in the process of compiling a list of entries for the 2012 Lake Placid IDC and some of the new U.S. teams that are planning to compete are:

SENIOR
    Isabella Cannuscio/Michael Bramante
    Anastasia Olson/Keiffer Hubbell
    Lauri Bonacorsi/Ian Lorello
    Alissandra Aronow/Collin Brubaker
    Gabriela Morrell Zucker/Andrejs Sitiks (he's Latvian, believe they're competing in US)

JUNIOR
    Kaitlin Hayawek/Jean-Luc Baker
    Madeleine Rutledge/Tyler Brooks
    Julia Biechler/Damian Dodge
    Jessica Mancini/Brad Kleffman

NOVICE
    Katherine Gourianova/Alexander Petrov
    Lauren Leonesio/Quinn Chambers
    Ashlyn Gaughan Joseph Johnson Tori Patsis Cody Lithco (not sure who is skating with whom)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-25-2012 at 03:55 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Is there a reason that Emily and Todd haven't made an announcement about their split? I understand not saying anything before the Skate for Hope show, so maybe we will hear something soon.

Super sad about their partnership ending. I hope Emily is not retiring from skating (my own selfish desire is to see her skate at least until 2018 Olympics). If she were getting a new partner, which guys are available?

vCash
    Ugh, I wish Emily and Evan had just stayed together, he's doing worse with Madison!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Ugh, I wish Emily and Evan had just stayed together, he's doing worse with Madison!
    I'm sure he would disagree.. Is he not dating and with Madison? Getting to share a bed with her is not doing worse at all.. ;p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    I'm sure he would disagree.. Is he not dating and with Madison? Getting to share a bed with her is not doing worse at all.. ;p
    Wow, that's pretty inappropriate to say.

Last I knew he was dating Becky Bereswill.

vCash
    Doing worse, placement-wise haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    Wow, that's pretty inappropriate to say.

Last I knew he was dating Becky Bereswill.
    Last time I checked this is the trash can.. Enter at ur own risk..

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Emily Samuelson confirms and explains the end of her partnership with Todd Gilles: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84081

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Madison is dating Devidas Stagniunas, the Lithuanian ice dancer. Talk about a very striking pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia
    Emily Samuelson confirms and explains the end of her partnership with Todd Gilles: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84081
    Emily is madly talented; but finding a partner near her skill set is going to be nearly impossible this season. It's too bad he-Hubbell and Ian Lorello have already partnered up with new ladies.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast