Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Emily Samuelson confirms and explains the end of her partnership with Todd Gilles: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84081
    That's too bad! I saw her at Nationals this past season and her joy, excitement and gratitude to be out on competitive ice again was palpable. Unfortunately, she and Todd just didn't have that little bit of "magic" that causes a great ice dance couple to come together and stay together. She has probably explored the partner options that are already out there for her- and seen that she doesn't really have that many choices.

She seems to have a very positive spirit though and is trying to see what's available for her. I thought that she did well when providing ice dance commentary for IceNetwork a couple of years ago when she was waiting for Evan to recover. Much smoother commentary delivery than Kimberly Navarro at this year's Nationals. I wonder if they would consider having her back! I think she'd do well in that area.

Good luck to her!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Emily is madly talented; but finding a partner near her skill set is going to be nearly impossible this season. It's too bad he-Hubbell and Ian Lorello have already partnered up with new ladies.
    Any international prospects? Then again, don't know if she'd want to compete for a different country.

vCash
    I adore Emily so much as a person and skater. I would love to take lessons from her. Hoping that she does find that perfect partner to compete with.

Would the USFSA release her to compete for another country if she chose that path? And who is available for her and worthy for her?

Could we get Ben Agosto out of retirement to skate with Emily?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hlp728 View Post
    Could we get Ben Agosto out of retirement to skate with Emily?
    No. Not another brother and sister look again.

vCash
    Would the USFSA release her to compete for another country if she chose that path? And who is available for her and worthy for her?
    Her last international medal was 2009 Four Continents. The USFSA's policy at least used to be four years, and I really don't think they'd hold her past that. So yes, that's looking feasible.

vCash
    I can't think of anyone good enough from another country who is available. If Vanessa Crone had to look below her league, Emily'd probably have to as well. Too bad she (Emily) didn't get Keiffer Hubbell.. or did she try out with him at one point? I can't remember.

vCash
    What about Cowan? Is he looking for partner?

vCash
    I think last season Emily tried out with Keifer, Paul P., Colin Brubaker and others less known according to the press release when she and Todd paired up. Has Tavis Mager found a new partner? I think J Cowan retired and is teaching ballroom dancing.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumba View Post
    What about Cowan? Is he looking for partner?
    There was a photo of Jordan Cowan at the DSC show earlier this month and his caption said:
    "Retired ice dancer Jordan Cowan has moved behind the scenes. (He's also teaching ballroom dancing.)"
    Source link: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...8&postcount=38
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Kolbe/Caruso split few months ago. I read that Stefano Caruso was looking for a new partner. What are the chances for Emily Samuelson to compete for Germany or Italy?

vCash
    Is Travis Mager too short for her?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    Kolbe/Caruso split few months ago. I read that Stefano Caruso was looking for a new partner. What are the chances for Emily Samuelson to compete for Germany or Italy?
    As previous Junior World Champion for the US and having competed internationally until just last year.. I'll say almost none

vCash
    For heights I saw 5"10 and 5"9 1/2 for Travis Mager and 5"11 for Stefano Caruso. imagine Emily coached by Barbara Fusarium Poli, Stefano's coach last season.

As for a release from the USFSA, can another country pay for her release if she found a partner outside the US. Just curious to see what they allow. The US has plenty of teams and no partners for Emily as it appears right now, so why not release her if that scenario does happen. There are so many of us that would love to see her skate again competitively.

vCash
    For heights I saw 5"10 and 5"9 1/2 for Travis Mager and 5"11 for Stefano Caruso. imagine Emily coached by Barbara Fusarium Poli, Stefano's coach last season.

As for a release from the USFSA, can another country pay for her release if she found a partner outside the US. Just curious to see what they allow. The US has plenty of teams and no partners for Emily as it appears right now, so why not release her if that scenario does happen. There are so many of us that would love to see her skate again competitively.
    Didn't Nora's (Hungarian) federation pay for Max to get the release from USFS? I don't think he had to wait a year or two to skate for Hungary.

Banned Member
    vCash
    New splits popping up even before Lake Placid!
    Jessica Mancini and Brad Kleffman, and who knows who else?

vCash
    Brad Kleffman decided to move back home to pursue a degree in fine arts. While he and Jessica Mancini looked great together and had received great reviews, his heart was no longer in skating. Jessica is preparing to test more Int'l dances and will be seeking a new partner for the next season.

vCash
    Is it true that Tyler Brooks has split from Madeleiine Rutledge and has quit skating?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    Is it true that Tyler Brooks has split from Madeleiine Rutledge and has quit skating?
    Sad, if true. I have no idea about their skills, but didn't they just pair a few months ago? And she moved to Colorado Springs from somewhere?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by just wondering View Post
    Sad, if true. I have no idea about their skills, but didn't they just pair a few months ago? And she moved to Colorado Springs from somewhere?
    She's from Michigan. She's represented Detroit SC for the last 4 years or so.

vCash
    It is so sad that so many splits have occured so close to the cut off for the qualifying season. Best wishes to all seeking new partnerships or having to resume "normal life" while awaiting chances for new beginnings after this season has ended.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast