Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    She should be snatched up right away.

He's a good skater, but I'm really surprised he's continuing on. Best of luck to him.
    Charlotte is pretty good but Lori Bonacorsi is probably better and she's smaller so would have more luck finding a partner as she has a broader size range that would be suitable.

As for Dean he'd need a very small ice dance partner ideally. Usually, female ice dancers are tall by skating standards. Maia, Meryl, and Elena are some of the smallest girls competing now, and even they are around 5'3 or 5'4, which is probably the tallest Dean could partner without looking mismatched IMO. Bonacorsi is in this height range and could actually be a feasible match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    ^^ This. Any chance of Hawayak/Baker??? That would be amazing!
    Yes, confirmed here http://www.ice-dance.com/features/ar...e-dance-blog-4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    Jean-Luc Baker, whose partnership with Joylyn Yang ended when Yang was forced to retire due to injury, has teamed with Kaitlin Hawayek. Like Olson & Hubbell, they will also train in Detroit.
    Kaitlin Hawayek/Michael Bramante's names were recently removed from USFS' International Selection Pool.

Not a split but a coaching change since Nationals: twins Danielle & Alexander Gamelin (12th in Junior Dance; aged out of ISU Junior events) have moved from the University of Delaware to Wheaton, Maryland: http://www.wisa.us/skaters.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-18-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiChibi View Post
    I've heard that it may be the case and Hawayak is moving to where Baker trains... I too think they'll look great together!
    Naah, they'll be training in Detroit From the Pairs/Dance splits thread in GSD:
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    New article from ice-dance.com with some partner updates. http://www.ice-dance.com/features/ar...e-dance-blog-4
    From that:
    Jean-Luc Baker, whose partnership with Joylyn Yang ended when Yang was forced to retire due to injury, has teamed with Kaitlin Hawayek. Like Olson & Hubbell, they will also train in Detroit.
    I'm a little sad that Baker won't stay in Seattle, though I can understand going to Detroit. I loved that Baker/Yang had a unique look and approach--which I (perhaps incorrectly?)--attribute to their being coached by his mom & dad. Hope that the new partnership works out very well! And wishing Joylyn Yang the best with her back.

I know nothing about Hawayek. Vid links, anyone?
    Last edited by LilJen; 05-19-2012 at 01:21 AM.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Hawayek & Bramante FD from Brasov cup last fall (their first year up from Novice)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxCu1GrgXNA

and the SD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRyeqmJoE1Y

and FD from Tallinn jgp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VogSPyM6wU

and SD Tallinn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQkmyADY0ZA

vCash
    Posted in the "Pairs/Dance splits 2012 season" thread in GSD:
    Quote Originally Posted by UDelpairs2012 View Post
    Jeandel/Dodge have broken up. She is quiting and he is partner searching
    Cassandra Jeandell & Damian Dodge were 11th in Junior Dance at 2012 US Nationals. I saw his name listed on icepartnersearch.com recently but he is no longer listed now.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    I'm a little sad that Baker won't stay in Seattle, though I can understand going to Detroit. I loved that Baker/Yang had a unique look and approach--which I (perhaps incorrectly?)--attribute to their being coached by his dad.
    It is my understanding that Jean-Luc Baker's primary coach and choreographer in Seattle was his mother Sharon Jones Baker (the 1985-1988 British ice dance champion with Paul Askham), with coaching assistance from his father, Steve Baker.

Hope that the new partnership works out very well! And wishing Joylyn Yang the best with her back.
    I heard that that Joylyn Yang skated with Jean-Luc Baker in the Seattle Skating Club's 75th Anniversary Show last month and seems to be mostly healed though she reportedly has no plans to continue competing.

vCash
    Has anyone heard if either Jordan Cowan or Travis Mager have found a partner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Posted in the "Pairs/Dance splits 2012 season" thread in GSD:

Cassandra Jeandell & Damian Dodge were 11th in Junior Dance at 2012 US Nationals. I saw his name listed on icepartnersearch.com recently but he is no longer listed now.
    I believe he is now skating with Julia Biechler, she and her former partner, Sasha Petrov, were second at Jr. Nationals for Intermediate.

vCash
    I take an ice dance class during the winter at a seasonal rink with Damian as the coach (he's a very good instructor, by the way), and he confirmed that he is skating with Julia and is happy to publicly announce this. Seems they clicked nicely and are excited and really looking forward to the future. I wish them the best and much success, Damian is a total sweetheart.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Thanks for the news. They'll be skating Junior, I assume? That's a big jump for Julia, but she is a strong skater, I'm sure she'll be fine.

Quadless
    vCash
    Any word on whether Bramante has a new partner or is he done skating?
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Thanks for the news. They'll be skating Junior, I assume? That's a big jump for Julia, but she is a strong skater, I'm sure she'll be fine.
    I believe so, didn't confirm. Did confirm that Cassie Jeandell simply made the decision to stop skating, period. I like Cassie, but I think this will be a good change for Damian.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Biechler/Dodge have to skate Junior because he competed Junior with Jeandell at 2012 U.S. Nationals. Thanks for the info, Yazmeen!

Biechler's former partner, Alexander (Sasha) Petrov, competed Novice with Katherine Gourianova last month. Gourianova placed 7th in U.S. Intermediate Dance with Caleb Wein (currently listed on IPS) last season.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-24-2012 at 09:49 PM.

vCash
    According to a blog just posted on ice-dance.com, Isabella Cannuscio and Michael Bramante have teamed up and will be training in Delaware - best of luck to them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dancergrl View Post
    According to a blog just posted on ice-dance.com, Isabella Cannuscio and Michael Bramante have teamed up and will be training in Delaware - best of luck to them!
    Thanks - announcement is on the front page: http://www.ice-dance.com/

Quadless
    vCash
    Interesting pairing. I'm glad to see that they are bucking the Canton trend and will be training in Delaware.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Glad to hear it! Isabella is a fabulous dancer!

vCash
    Glad to see that Bella has found a new partner...from the vids I've seen of Michael, I think they will be a good match. Best of luck to them and also to Hawayek/Baker.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

Banned Member
    vCash

Ice dance splits

Rumor has it Lauri Bonacorsi relocated to Detroit to skate with Ian Lorello who broke up his partnership because he wanted to go to the DSC. Understand that Travis Major although not on Ips but is looking for a partner.

Rumor also has it that Jessica Mancini left Tyler Brooks to relocate to the DSC and is skating with Brad Kleffman.
    Anyone know who Tyler Brooks joined as he was looking??
    Who else moved to Detroit??

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast