Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    If I were Chock, no way would I swap Lorello for Bates. Lorello always seemed not all that strong a skater to me, although he is a really nice looking guy.

It is interesting that Bella does not say whether Ian is looking or not looking for a new partner-it sort of sounds like he wanted to switch coaches, and she wants to stay in DE?

But for all I know he wants to quit skating and follow Phish around the country, or become a ski bum or go to MIT It just says he wants a different direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    It is interesting that Bella does not say whether Ian is looking or not looking for a new partner-it sort of sounds like he wanted to switch coaches, and she wants to stay in DE?
    That is my understanding, yes. I assume she didn't want to speak for him in her blog.

vCash
    Is he listed on ice partner search yet?

vCash
    Why is Isabella taking International Dance Tests? Isn't she already a senior and past all those?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Why is Isabella taking International Dance Tests? Isn't she already a senior and past all those?
    Internationals aren't a requirement for US senior dancers, only through gold. US dancers who are still competing might not have time to pass those extra 10 internationals while they train.

vCash
    I liked Samuelson and Bates, so I was disappointed when they split. If Bates wants to go back to Emily, I doubt that she will dump her current partner to go back to Bates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I liked Samuelson and Bates, so I was disappointed when they split. If Bates wants to go back to Emily, I doubt that she will dump her current partner to go back to Bates.
    I loved them too.
    But look, like Bates feel good with Chock. So good luck to them. But i feel, like Hubbel-Donahue will improve in next season and thy were close to Shibs in SD (i mean overall points).

vCash
    Watched US dance nationals and thought no one was going to be safe next year. Madison Chock & Evan Bates were almost beaten to the final group after short by Anastasia Canuscio & Colin Mcmanus and Anastasia Olson & Jordan Cowan. Both teams just up from junior had higher technical.

I worry a bit for Madison Hubbell & Zach Donahue. She was always consistent when skating with her brother, but he is a wildcard imo. I loved his partnership the first year with Piper Gilles. They were on fire, but something happened the next season and no spark was there. One season only with following partner too. I hope they can keep the momentum going and challenge top teams.

vCash
    I must say then....so far,so good for Lynn Kriengkraiirut and Logan Giulietti-SchmittI. I'dd say we should keep an eye on those two though. LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoralReef View Post
    Watched US dance nationals and thought no one was going to be safe next year. Madison Chock & Evan Bates were almost beaten to the final group after short by Anastasia Canuscio & Colin Mcmanus and Anastasia Olson & Jordan Cowan. Both teams just up from junior had higher technical.
    You have to factor in that Chock/Bates had only a few months to gel as a team while C/M and O/C had been together for years. Meanwhile Olson / Cowan have split....

vCash
    I will admit I don't fully understand dance training but I would have thought Madison Chock & Evan Bates pcs would have been lower because of limited training time. I was surprised about tes, especially since he is an Olympic dancer and she did very well with previous partner. Didn't think you had to rebuild technical skills but guess everyone is different.

Still sad about Anastasia Olson & Jordan Cowan but last seasons splits brought some interesting new teams. Hoping to see partnership announcemnets now and no more splits or retirements.

vCash
    Part of Chock and Bates' problems I think were their boring programs. They seem to lack chemistry on ice too, compared to each with their former partner. Just MO.

vCash
    Lauri Bonascorsi is now IPS.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by china mom View Post
    Lauri Bonascorsi is now IPS.....

I didn't see that one coming...

vCash
    Bonacorsi/Mager's names have been removed from the 2011-12 Team C envelope list so it's official. Their USFS/IN profile (both have aged out of ISU Junior): http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...d=39421&mode=P

vCash
    Is Charlotte Lichtman ever going to dump Copely to find a partner that is actually suited to her size-wise? Those two have been nearly the same height for years and the glaring mismatch is clearly hurting their scores now that they are senior. She shows real promise on her own, IMO, and could do quite well with a different (taller) partner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Is Charlotte Lichtman ever going to dump Copely to find a partner that is actually suited to her size-wise? Those two have been nearly the same height for years and the glaring mismatch is clearly hurting their scores now that they are senior. She shows real promise on her own, IMO, and could do quite well with a different (taller) partner.
    I was under the impression that they'd already broken up?

vCash
    A split is not considered "official" until a team envelope team is removed from the current envelope list on the USFS site and/or their USFS/IN bio has been updated.

ETA: Just noticed that Tyler Brooks, age 17, listed himself on IPS as of 3/26. He competed on the JGP with Jessica Mancini, they were in the 2011-12 Team C envelope, and placed 9th in Junior at Nationals.

Summarizing the known official splits of teams from 2012 Nationals (* = currently listed on IPS):
    Anastasia Olson & Jordan Cowan S7 [Team C in 2011-12]
    Isabella Cannuscio & Ian Lorello S9 [Team C in 2011-12]
    Lauri Bonacorsi* & Travis Mager J2 [Team C in 2011-12]
    Jessica Mancini & Tyler Brooks* J9 [Team C in 2011-12]
    Carina Glastris* & Kevin Allison S14
    Amanda Bertsch* & Sam Kaplun* J7
    Hannah Pfeifer* & Grant Lorello N7
    Madison George* & Brad Kleffman N9
    Lauren Leonesio & Dustin Perini* N11 (note: I mistyped his name on page 1 of this thread as Devin, his younger brother who is a pair skater)
    Karen Tong* & David Cruikshank N12

Team C envelope teams that split before the 2011-12 qualifying season deadline and/or Nationals:
    Shannon Wingle/Timothy McKernan (2nd in Sr at 2012 Midwestern Sectional)
    Joylyn Yang/Jean-Luc Baker (Jr)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-10-2012 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    Not a split, but Brynn Carman, the former pair skater, listed herself today on IPS for dance with her coaches being Shpilband/Zoueva. She is 17 and 5'7" according to her IPS profile.

Bianca Butler, 22, is also looking to switch to dance from pairs (she competed for 9+ years with Joseph Jacobsen) - she listed herself on IPS in mid-February.

vCash
    Rachel Tibbetts, 21 (8th in Senior Dance at 2011 Nationals, 9th at 2010 Skate Canada with Collin Brubaker) is listed on IPS as of 4/13. She took last season off.

Brubaker did not compete in U.S. qualifying competition in 2011-12 - don't know what his plans are.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast