Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ((((((((hugs Joylyn and Jean-Luc))))))))

vCash
    Carina Glastris is now listed on Icepartnersearch. She skated Senior at 2012 Nationals with Kevin Allison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I posted this in the U.S. JGP Assignments discussion thread back in September 2011:
    "It is my understanding that Joylyn Yang's back injury has resulted in her retirement. Yang/Baker's names have been removed from both the Team C envelope and ISP."
    Such a shame to have a career-ending back injury at 15! They were so lovely. I hope Baker can find a partner that suits him as well.

vCash
    Is Baker known to be looking for a partner?

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Kristin Lench, age 15, coached by Ben Agosto, is newly listed on IPS and she includes a video of an "Ave Maria" show program skated with Jean-Luc Baker in her IPS profile: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=3973
    Baker recalls a young Gorsha Sur in that video.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    All the split rumors make me but I understand it happens for one reason or an other. Anyway I've been checking the USFSA site periodically to see if there have been any announcements. Have not found any but I did notice 2 dance teams that disappeared out envelopes. They have bios on Ice Network and both have been updated with split announcements.

Isabella Cannuscio & Ian Lorello
    Anastasia Olson & Jordan Cowan

Both enjoyable teams to watch and have had success. Whatever the reasons I hope they find much happiness with their new paths.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoralReef View Post
    All the split rumors make me but I understand it happens for one reason or an other. Anyway I've been checking the USFSA site periodically to see if there have been any announcements. Have not found any but I did notice 2 dance teams that disappeared out envelopes. They have bios on Ice Network and both have been updated with split announcements.

Isabella Cannuscio & Ian Lorello
    Anastasia Olson & Jordan Cowan

Both enjoyable teams to watch and have had success. Whatever the reasons I hope they find much happiness with their new paths.
    How sad. I liked both teams very much. Cannuscio/Lorello seemed to have benefitted from better programs in the future, which they would not obviously have any longer.

I am at a loss as to the Olson/Cowan split. I thought that they showed great promise/potential at nationals.

I am anxious to find out each person's future plans. Meanwhile, best of luck to all four of them; thank you so much for lighten up my days with your skating.

vCash
    ^^ This is sad =( I liked both teams.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Ah, re: Ian and Bella..Liked them a lot..

vCash
    Surprised about Olson/Cowan. They had a good season.

vCash
    So, would Anastasia or Bella make good matches for Keiffer?

vCash
    I heard Keiffer is with Anastasia and perhaps, Cowan with Charlotte?? Maybe rumor?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumba View Post
    I heard Keiffer is with Anastasia and perhaps, Cowan with Charlotte?? Maybe rumor?
    I've heard the same things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumba View Post
    I had heard the same thing

vCash
    So Vanessa with Ian Lorello to complete the circle?

vCash
    Not so surprised about C/L but very, very surprised about O/C. What a fantastic Nationals they had, they were so promising.

vCash
    Hmmm...there would only be 5 ins. height difference between Ian and Vanessa.. He's an inch shorter than Paul if Wikipedia is to be believed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    True. But I kind of wish they did sometimes. Especially when you get situations like Emily Samuelson and (in pairs) Caitlin Y.
    It's kinda funny that Bates ditched Samuelson to skate with Chock, and they finished lower at Nationals than he did when recently skating with Samuelson. I don't think they really have that much potential either, Chock and Bates. The top spots at US Nats will probably be taken by D/W, the Shibs, and the rapidly improving Hubbell/Donahue in the coming years. If D/W retire there's always Kriengkrairut and Giulietti-Schmitt too.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    From Isabella Cannuscio:
    As all of you have probably heard, Ian and I are no longer skating together. I wanted to write this blog to give everyone a little more information on why we decided to end our partnership.
    Link: http://www.cannuscio-lorello.ice-dance.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    It's kinda funny that Bates ditched Samuelson to skate with Chock, and they finished lower at Nationals than he did when recently skating with Samuelson. I don't think they really have that much potential either, Chock and Bates. The top spots at US Nats will probably be taken by D/W, the Shibs, and the rapidly improving Hubbell/Donahue in the coming years. If D/W retire there's always Kriengkrairut and Giulietti-Schmitt too.
    Maybe Bates go back skate with Samuelson (if Todd decides to retire), Lorello with Chock (more physically matched)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast