Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I know we are only supposed to do two, but I can't decide!

Pairs: Alexei Rogonov or Sergei Grinkov
    Dance: Nikita Katsalapov or Andrew Poje

vCash
    Pairs: Alexei Tikhonov (super strong, awesome skater and a gentleman - What else can you ask for?)
    Dance: Povilas Vanagas (I've become even more enchanted with Povilas since I started to watch "Ice Age" and "Ice and Fire" shows)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    I second that! Mirko Muller (who skated with Peggy Schwarz a while back) also had very good technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rQNnz_kuSY

Ice dance : I'd go with Povilas Vanagas. Such a great dancer and he already has plenty of practice dragging a less-skilled partner around.
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Thanks for the youtube link to Schwarz/ Muller from 1998. I enjoyed Dick's commentary, especially his mention of the different eras of German pairs teams and their striking similarities in style and technique. BTW, is there any recent news on how Savchenko is fairing re her injury?
    I loved them and particularly this program. So interesting, intricate, light, beautiful, touching moment of choreo.
    Mirko was a very good skater, too bad about Peggy's consistency. They were a very good looking team.

Back to the thread, I'd say Robin Szolkowy and Olivier Schoenfelder. But as a man, I guess it would be better to skate with Tatiana Volosozhar and Tessa Virtue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    But as a man, I guess it would be better to skate with Tatiana Volosozhar and Tessa Virtue.
    Woe is you indeed...The terrible sacrifices you'd have to make in order to skate with those two .

And about all the Mirko lurve this thread is generating.

vCash
    I could dance all night with Mr. Andrew "McDreamy" Poje, (vertically or otherwise... runs away from Ms. Weaver...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12