Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Your fav. Pair Skater/Ice-Dancer &..you? What do you think it might have been like if

O-k!!!! I thought I'd post this as a thread,as I thought it might be fun to hear everyone's idea's about this....What I want to ask you all today is...What do you think it might have been like if your fav. Pairs Skater/Ice-Dancer had chosen YOU for their Partner...rather then the Partner they have? Please name only one Pairs Skater..and one Ice-Dancer. As well as the Skater of the oposite sex. For example....I will pick..for Pairs...Amanda Evora... What I think it might have been like to be chosen by her to be her Pairs Partner. Rather then her choosing Mark,is that it would of felt really conforting,and I surely would have felt really close to her. We surely would have become GREAT FRIENDS!!!! As far as Skating went...I would LOVE picking her up!!!...I think we would become very close!!! Maybe in love.

On the Ice-Dancer side...I will pick....Lynn Kriergkrairut....What I think it might have been like to be chosen by her. Rather then Logan,is that again I surely would find it comforting. You know..having my arms around her and all!!! LOL. I also...(with the way that I am) know that I'd fall right inlove with her too.

Ok everyone!!! Those are MY thoughts and ideas!!!! Now it's YOUR turn!!! You do not need to be a Pairs Skater..Ice-Dancer, or just a Skater to answer this. It's all in fun....GO!!!!
    Last edited by FSWer; 02-21-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Main Offender
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Alexei Rogonov and Ivan Volobuev probably
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    oh i would love to be partnered with gwendal peizerat!!! but then, the reverse lift would be impossible. pairs...grinkov wouldve been nice but then im no katia.

vCash
    What IS a reverse Lift? Remember..1 Pair Skater and 1 Ice-Dancer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    What IS a reverse Lift? Remember..1 Pair Skater and 1 Ice-Dancer.
    oh wow! you dont know who peizerat and grinkov are? no idea of the reverse lift either? know your figureskating history please before telling me to name just one pairsskater and one ice dancer.

vCash
    Reverse lift = girl lifts the guy.

Ice dance: babs f-p or diva navka or some other diva where I didn't have to anything, maybe go out and take a smoke break, then just be back in time for podium ceremony.

Pairs: oksana what's her face. Any skater who could just up and forget how to do a required element the day before the sp and still walk away with gold is the girl for me!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    Reverse lift = girl lifts the guy.

Ice dance: babs f-p or diva navka or some other diva where I didn't have to anything, maybe go out and take a smoke break, then just be back in time for podium ceremony.

Pairs: oksana what's her face. Any skater who could just up and forget how to do a required element the day before the sp and still walk away with gold is the girl for me!

vCash
    Ice Dance: Charlie White
    Pairs: Rockne Brubaker

vCash
    For obvious reasons: Vera Bazarova and Meryl Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sit_spin View Post
    Ice Dance: Charlie White
    Pairs: Rockne Brubaker
    Umm, hi twin? :p I was about to pick these two!

vCash
    Pairs: Jessica Dube (cause I know she'd still skate with me if I screwed up)

Dance: Barbara Fusar-Poli (cause she wouldn't).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Umm, hi twin? :p I was about to pick these two!

vCash
    Top faves--
    Pairs partner: Robin Szolkowy (would love learning how to do lifts with him)
    Ice dance partner: Peter Tchernychev (would be so amazing -- he's such a great ice dancer)

I'd also love to skate with Alexander Abt and Johnny Weir, maybe a threesome performance like the Fallen Angels Trio of Melissa, Denis, Johnny.

Would be so cool to have Andrew Poje as a dance partner too!

I also think Gwendal and Charlie are such wonderful ice dance partners.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 02-21-2012 at 06:23 AM.

vCash
    Christopher Dean and Maxim Trankov. I need a tall partner and I can handle a diva.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Top faves--
    Pairs partner: Robin Szolkowy (would love learning how to do lifts with him)
    I second that! Mirko Muller (who skated with Peggy Schwarz a while back) also had very good technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rQNnz_kuSY

Ice dance : I'd go with Povilas Vanagas. Such a great dancer and he already has plenty of practice dragging a less-skilled partner around.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Pairs: Maxim Marinin

Ice Dance: Olivier Schoenfelder

Of course, each of them would need a fork-lift.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Ice dance : I'd go with Povilas Vanagas. Such a great dancer and he already has plenty of practice dragging a less-skilled partner around.
    I'd take Povilas too! first, because he's one of the best male ice dancers I've seen, second because I know he would be loyal and supportive. He's not the kind of guy who'd get angry at you because you screwed up. He'd also care if I'm happy with what we're doing. And third, he's totally the type of skater who gets better and hotter with age

But I'd also like Charlie, well, because he's Charlie I feel I could have loads of fun with him.

As for pairs, I'd go with Robin too. Not that I would ever be doing pairs if I was a skater, though. I'm too tall for that.

vCash
    Dance: Ben Agosto (2nd choice, Christopher Dean)
    Pairs: John Zimmerman/Hongbo Zhao (tie)
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    pairs: john Coughlin and Maxim Trankov Jr.
    ice dance: Nikita katsalapov, Andrew Poje

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    I second that! Mirko Muller (who skated with Peggy Schwarz a while back) also had very good technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rQNnz_kuSY

Thanks for the youtube link to Schwarz/ Muller from 1998. I enjoyed Dick's commentary, especially his mention of the different eras of German pairs teams and their striking similarities in style and technique. BTW, is there any recent news on how Savchenko is fairing re her injury?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast