Last dance. Last chance for ...
... playing FSU's Suicide Amazing Race with Host Beefcake. TAR 20 begins tomorrow, February 19. Suicide Amazing Race V begins immediately following the premiere.
This will be no frills, no resuscitation, no la la peace love and harmony. Nope. You either get it right, or you've offed yourself.
I had to skip the last three Suicide Amazing Race games to bring up the version we're emulating: Suicide TAR I
Last season's was the least typical Suicide game as nobody died. Boring. Versions II and III featured resuscitation, and an attempt for ghost returnees that failed when Phil and Co. decided to have a double episode finale.
You have the first episode to watch, familiarize yourself with the teams, and then submit your first picks. Here is Phil's assessment of the teams ... some of you may think you can pull hints from his words. Eh, maybe, maybe not.
An aside: Clowns
Here are the rules. Please check these again, though, as if I've forgotten a wrinkle I may edit by Tuesday.
SUICIDE TAR OVERVIEW: Each week, surviving TAR Suicide contestants will submit choices of one TAR team they feel will survive the next episode's leg. If your pick survives to the next week, so do you!
1. At the beginning of Week 2, 2/19-airtime on 2/26), anyone wanting to participate in this game will submit - on this thread - the name of a TAR team they feel will survive the upcoming week's episode. Survivors will continue this ritual until they are dead or until the finale (see: #7 for finale rules).
Sample weekly submission: WEEK 2: Ma & Pa.
2. Submission must be prior to the start of the upcoming episode's first showing (i.e. Eastern Time)
3. If your team survives the episode, you also survive to play again.
4. If your team is eliminated, you are eliminated. (You're also out if you forget to submit before the deadline.)
5. Important: You may use each team only ONE time for the duration of TAR20/this game. Ergo, your strategy may be to pick a team you perceive as weaker (but not "weakest"!) each week. Or your strategy may be to play it safe, make sure you progress into the next week.
6. The game will end either after the final episode or when the last of us is knocked out via "suicide".
7. Those surviving through the season's penultimate episode will predict the WINNER from any of the teams racing in the finale. i.e. You don't have to save anybody for the finale. That's my loving going-away gift to you.