Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Within Article 9, Paragraph 1 of the Provisory Version of the Summary of Proposals For The 54th ISU Ordinary Congress and supported by the Russian Skating Federation there is a proposal made by Cinquanta and Krick which is an effort to postpone the scheduled ISU elections one time to supposedly give the body additional time to consider plans to deal with the poor economic impact on the Union and the sport. This is a ruse to allow Cinquanta to retain his office (not because he loves figure skating) but in order to keep his seat on the IOC Council thru the 2014 Olympic Games in Sochi.

With the Russian Skating Federation backing this maneuver, you can bet there is going to be some big time payback if it succeeds. I fully expect someone from the Russian Federation will be running to replace Speedy.

IMHO it is long past due to force Cinquanta to retire and put a more modern thinking person in his place to begin to address a multitude of issues, long frozen under the ice of the sport.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Scott Hamilton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    Within Article 9, Paragraph 1 of the Provisory Version of the Summary of Proposals For The 54th ISU Ordinary Congress and supported by the Russian Skating Federation there is a proposal made by Cinquanta and Krick which is an effort to postpone the scheduled ISU elections one time to supposedly give the body additional time to consider plans to deal with the poor economic impact on the Union and the sport. This is a ruse to allow Cinquanta to retain his office (not because he loves figure skating) but in order to keep his seat on the IOC Council thru the 2014 Olympic Games in Sochi.

With the Russian Skating Federation backing this maneuver, you can bet there is going to be some big time payback if it succeeds. I fully expect someone from the Russian Federation will be running to replace Speedy.
    Old men with power usually get what they want.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Sharpie!!!
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno6 View Post
    Peter Kriek
    This is a pretty good bet, Bruno. Peter Krick is already in a powerful background position in the ISU as Sports Director. At important competitions he is always there quietly in the background. His wife Cissy Krick is an International judge from Germany. He is very knowledgable about Figure Skating.

vCash
    Prancer.

vCash
    Me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    don't forget ISU isn't just figure skating
    What's the point to have speed skating and figure skating combined under one union? They are totally different sports with different audiences, sponsors, rules etc. I hope figure skating will get it's own association one day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    What's the point to have speed skating and figure skating combined under one union? They are totally different sports with different audiences, sponsors, rules etc. I hope figure skating will get it's own association one day.
    i hope also,but that would be a miracle

vCash
    IMO it should be someone from one of the Asian federations. We've had Speedy for years (Europe) & Dore (North America).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Scott Hamilton.
    Sh*t no!

vCash
    As far as promoting figure skating is concerned I think it should be someone who understands the importance of electronic media and how to use it. Live streaming and sites such as YouTube reach a worldwide audience. I think the Wave of the future is improving the quality of broadcasts and making more events available.

The problem with tv coverage is that it requires massive audiences to be profitable. Unfortunately, in order to appeal to the masses, you often have to water down the content which results in mediocrity.

vCash
    Peter Krick, but I doubt that he wants to...
    Maybe they will selects someone from Japan like Mrs Hiramatsu

vCash
    Gailhaguet and Le Gougne
    They know how to the world’s attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave of the North View Post
    allezfred and sharpie
    They have my vote!

Otherwise I vote for ESTA. She will make sure those couches are in line.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Definitely Esta should head up the technical. But
    Gailhaguet and Le Gougne
    Both are particularly politically astute. Especially Le Gougne for her ability to handle a crisis even while riding in an elevator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchspin View Post
    Definitely Esta should head up the technical. But

Both are particularly politically astute. Especially Le Gougne for her ability to handle a crisis even while riding in an elevator.
    Actually I think her Fur Coat would probably make an excellent president.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I think Tjasa-Andree Prosenc may replace Cinquanta, after all she's his right hand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Actually I think her Fur Coat would probably make an excellent president.
    Does her Fur Coat still alive ?

vCash
    Speed skating and figure skating are totally different. only thing common is skates and they are not even the same kind of skates .. and ice. Ice and skates but they are so different. It's like Tennis and basketball or something. Both use balls? Both surfaces are called courts. So of course the Tennis and Basketball association.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast