vCash

The Missing Piece: Facial Expression

who's component scores would go up if only they showed some facial expression in their performances? (i'm under the assertion that judges are swayed somewhat by outward expression in performances...)
    Last edited by Seerek; 02-14-2012 at 03:18 AM.

vCash
    Oh frank.... Mirai is gonna tweet you!

vCash
    Uhh depends on what they are performing to and some aspect of their off-ice personality as well.

But yeah it seem to work for Mirai, only because she is one of the few out there with strong distinct personality (however divisive it may be) . It usually means the bigger the smile the better performance is likely to be If she done badly, it is written all over her face.

Or Alena, who's always soooo perky looking that can translate into confidence and seem to works for her.

vCash
    I think the issue is more "genuine facial expression" Vs "plastered on facial expression (because-coach-told-me-to-do-it)".

Also, some people "express big", while others are more subtle. I always remember some commentator saying that Anjelica Krylova could "project emotions all the way to the 70th row. Unfortunately, there are on 30"!

I imagine it must be very difficult to truly lose yourself in your music/theme when you're anxious to do well. Some people are naturals at it and it probably even helps them skate well, while for others it's almost an element they have to work on, the same way they'd practice a spin.

I guess Mirai and Aliona belong in the "naturals" category, to list only two.

To actually answer the question, I think Ross Miner would benefit, he gets good scores as it is, but giving us a bit more face would probably help!
    Touching the void.