Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    My fave was Josh as well and Uno the beagle.

The toys are next, not my favorite. The hounds are
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org...-sporting.html

results. USA only showed one hour tonight.

The whippet placed 3rd in the hound group.
    Dalmation won the non-sporting. That's never good because people get all 100 Dalmation happy eyes and they can be very difficult dogs to deal with and take the right owners. A lot of them end up in rescue or shelters.
    As much as Richard Simmons can be annoying, I do give him tremendous credit for when his love of this breed comes up in interviews/appearances, he's always saying that while he's a Dalmation owner, he can also take care of them and provide them w/the enivronment they need to have to be happy. He also always makes sure to mention they're a breed that is prone to deafness and hip dysplasia and unless you're prepared/capable of handing a breed w/those possible problems and can also be high strung, then do yourself and the dog a favour and look at another breed.

That's the sign of a true Dog/Animal Lover there.

I completely forgot WKC was on tonight until halfway through The Voice. Catching the repeat on Animal Planet right now and couldn't help but LOL at the Peke trying to go around the ring. My favourites aren't up until tomorrow night in the Sporting Group, although, I did like the look of that new breed for this year from Norway. Also love the American Eskimo and Bichon.

One of my favourite WKC BiS moments was when the Bichon won a few years ago and that lil guy was so excited, when they popped him into the bowl, his front legs were just flying up and down. Also loved it when the Newfie won, Uno and that gorgeous German Shepard of a few years ago.

Looking forward to tomorrow night!!

vCash
    I think that Dalmation was superb. But I have a feeling that it's a done deal that the Peke is going to win it all tonight.

BTW, we were pleased to see that our breed, the English Toy Spaniel, made the cut in the Toy Group. Our breed never gets any respect, so it was nice to see the breed do well.

We also liked the Lowchen.

vCash
    Overall, I think we've got a great group so far going into BIS. Really looking forward to tonight.

Wesminster is like the Superbowl in our family. Sadly, I have no pups to watch it with me, only my overgrown Maine Coon who flops on the back of the chair and glares at me when I pet her.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    It's Dalmatian. Again, not my favorite. Liked the German shepherd and the rough collie. Looking forward to the working group tonight. Newfies! Malachy the Peke is great, darn it. He is going to Patrick Chan it, innit.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 02-14-2012 at 07:53 PM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    Wesminster is like the Superbowl in our family. Sadly, I have no pups to watch it with me, only my overgrown Maine Coon who flops on the back of the chair and glares at me when I pet her.
    Our german shepherd was very interested last night. Stood in front of the tv, cocking her head, and grumbling. She even tried to look behind the tv to see where the dogs were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    Our german shepherd was very interested last night. Stood in front of the tv, cocking her head, and grumbling. She even tried to look behind the tv to see where the dogs were.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE German Shepherds, so I was so excited last night.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Article on last night's winners on MSNBC website. Oddly, there is also a picture of Maddie Hubbel staring at her skate in the sidebar of sports pictures of the week (at least that was the top pic when I looked - they may change).
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Wheeee! One of my neighbors won Best in Breed. I had no idea she had show dogs; she owns a grooming parlor, so she's always got a yard and houseful of dogs, but none of them ever struck me as anything special .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Also, has there been any discussion about Westminster changing sponsors because the Pedigree "sad dogs up for adoption" ads were not part of a "shared vision"?

I'm torn because I'm in favor of anything that can help more shelter pets get rescued, but I also tend to fast forward through the Pedigree commercials because I find them so sad.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Wheeee! One of my neighbors won Best in Breed. I had no idea she had show dogs; she owns a grooming parlor, so she's always got a yard and houseful of dogs, but none of them ever struck me as anything special .
    Indeed, there were a few dogs from your state. Congrats to your neighbor!

from Speedy Death

vCash

Done in by a weiner dog! Shenigans! Shenigans, I say!

Sigh, okay, he was a fantastic little weiner. I'm at peace with Chanel's "runner-up" status,

but I cannot be resposible for what Miss Dog may do when we play the DVR tonight. (She's avoiding spoilers.)

vCash
    I loved Surrey Sugar Baby on rfisher's result link..the brown midsized poodle. I've never heard of a Lowchen...what an adorable little dog, it's also hypoallergenic.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    It's rare for a brown to be good enough. They usually have a lot of flaws. There were two browns in Bella's liter. The mother's line carries the gene for brown and occasionally they show up even though she's black and was bred to a black male. Draco (who came from better quality lines on both sides) is a true black where Bella isn't. Not, that all those blacks in shows are true. Dye does wonders.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Indeed, there were a few dogs from your state. Congrats to your neighbor!
    I can't argue with her devotion to the job, so I guess she deserves it. She's always taken very good care of her dogs, but her kids? Most detached, uninvolved parent I have ever seen. I always thought her kids should have had four legs.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Some people who are overly involved with animals have a hard time relating to humans.

from Speedy Death

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    BTW, we were pleased to see that our breed, the English Toy Spaniel, made the cut in the Toy Group. Our breed never gets any respect, so it was nice to see the breed do well.
    I was in LOVE with Dash! And I usually will vastly prefer the Cavalier over the English Toy. (Yes, as my love of Stump would also indicate, I have a thing for small spaniels.) It might have been my imagination but it seemed like the English Toys looked a little less...pug-faced than in previous years. Pekes are about the only breed (pugs included) where I don't really mind the squashed face, so the pop-eyed extreme on some English Toys I never really liked.

Tucker found it that there was no love for the Pembroke in the herding group, but then that one did look a bit skinny to her!

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    My Alaskan Malamute will be watching (and so will I.)
    The Alaskan Malamute can finish second to the Siberian Husky.
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    That makes me want to donate some Pedigree dog food to my local shelter.

vCash
    Wonder if Pedigree is doing another fundraiser this year? They earned $500K last year for shelters. So sad that the Westminster PTB thought showcasing shelter dogs was 'unhappy', but that's life outside of the pampered life of a few show dogs. My first German Shepherd was a fully trained purebred. She came from the local shelter.

Now watching the Retrievers. So freaking happy.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast