Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    A picture of Flatt & Speroff.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Johnny Weir competed in pair skating with Jodi Rudden on the juvenile and intermediate levels.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Kudos for finding this photo, Nomad! I thought I had searched online pretty thoroughly!

Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    I just clicked on the link and just get a list of Skaters,etc. No photo.
    This link doesn't show you a photo of Kristi Yamaguchi & Rudy Galindo performing a split twist lift? http://figureskating.wikia.com/wiki/File:U96162508.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NarumiAyane View Post
    He skated pairs with Rachael from 2001-04, and they competed nationally up to the intermediate level. They were assigned to a North American Challenge Skate in the 04/05 season, but broke up before the competition
    Gee,what Pairs moves does Rachael have? BTW. I didn't see a photo on the page. Any other skaters we can think of?

vCash
    Yuka Sato had a very successful amateur singles career, then skated pairs professionally with her husband Jason Dungjen, and now tours in shows as a singles skater.

Michael Chau skated with Tracy Tanovich until two years ago, and now competes in singles. He is quite short and she outgrew him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sit_spin View Post
    Rachael Flatt used to skate pairs with Andrew Speroff.
    This looks like it might be Rachael with him,because of the yellow dress. Can anyone confirm it?
    http://file.universalsports.com/Phot...577228_M23.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NarumiAyane View Post
    He skated pairs with Rachael from 2001-04, and they competed nationally up to the intermediate level. They were assigned to a North American Challenge Skate in the 04/05 season, but broke up before the competition
    For the record, Andrew and Rachel trained with Broadmoor pair coaches Erik and Nicole Schulz, not Dalilah. After they split in Aug 2004, Rachel continued to do off-ice lifts with Erik for about a year to keep her skills up. She never went back to pair skating though. Andrew switched coaches to Dalilah in early 2005 when Nicole Schulz had their first child and was less available to coach. IIRC Andrew's next partners were Amanda Luchau and then Brittany Chase.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    This looks like it might be Rachael with him,because of the yellow dress. Can anyone confirm it?
    http://file.universalsports.com/Phot...577228_M23.jpg
    I can't see a photo but my guess that it's probably either Speroff's current partner, Gretchen Donlan (they've been skating together since 2009-10) or one of his previous partners after Flatt (the 2 listed by madm above).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    For the record, Andrew and Rachel trained with Broadmoor pair coaches Erik and Nicole Schulz, not Dalilah. After they split in Aug 2004, Rachel continued to do off-ice lifts with Erik for about a year to keep her skills up. She never went back to pair skating though. Andrew switched coaches to Dalilah in early 2005 when Nicole Schulz had their first child and was less available to coach. IIRC Andrew's next partners were Amanda Luchau and then Brittany Chase.
    I forgot that Andrew skated with Arielle Avant for the 2005-2006 season (before Luchau and Chase). There's more about his history in http://figureskatersonline.piczo.com/?g=55798813&cr=6.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Thanks for the history on Andrew Speroff, madm, but he is competing in Pairs only now, just to be clear for FSWer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I just clicked the link. But I don't see any pic. Just a website with links.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    Does anyone know what Pairs moves Rachael was trained in? BTW. how old was Rachael when she started Pairs?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Does anyone know what Pairs moves Rachael was trained in?
    I saw Flatt/Speroff competing in Novice Pairs in a competition in the summer of 2004 (not long before they ended their partnership), and have a vague memory of them doing an overhead lift and maybe a throw double jump?

how old was Rachael when she started Pairs?
    The earliest pairs competition online result I could find for Flatt/Speroff was the Juvenile Pairs event at Regionals in October 2002, when she was 10 years old. So she likely started pairs when she was around 9.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I saw Flatt/Speroff competing in Novice Pairs in a competition in the summer of 2004 (not long before they ended their partnership), and have a vague memory of them doing an overhead lift and maybe a throw double jump?

The earliest pairs competition online result I could find for Flatt/Speroff was the Juvenile Pairs event at Regionals in October 2002, when she was 10 years old. So she likely started pairs when she was around 9.
    COOL!!!! Can you please check and see if any photos of that Pairs event are still on-line?

vCash
    Speroff and Flatt, who trained in Colorado with Tom Zakrajsek and Erik Schulz, were silver medalists in Juv pairs in 2003 (based on their USFS bios, Flatt would have been 10 yrs old at JNs in Dec 2002, and Speroff 14) , Int pair champions in 2004 and IIRC, won the Nov pair events at Liberty and Indy as Nov team before Speroff took time off for an injury to heal the remainder of the 04/05 season...and then paired up with serveral other partners prior Gretchen. They had been assigned to a NAC in Aug of 2004(competitions that no longer exist) which they w/d from due to Speroff's recovery from the injury. The team broke up later that autumn, and Flatt went on to win Nov ladies title in Jan 2005 at age 12. There might be video footage from 2004 Indy Challenge around somewhere...their last major competition as a pair team. Or even Liberty....those tapes lurk around in bookcases and drawers forever, LOL!

Jeremy Abbott skated pairs (as well as dance) for a number of years at the lower levels as well (Juv and Int IIRC).
    Last edited by B.Cooper; 02-16-2012 at 04:07 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12