Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_E View Post
    I can't really picture her landing a 3 axel but good luck to her! Maybe it will help her gain some more speed on the entrance into her double.
    I can't either, but I couldn't picture her landing that 3r/3r until it happened!

vCash
    It seems strange that you would work on the triple when you don't have a good double. Just my .02
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I've seen her 3A attempts and they weren't bad at all. I know a male skater whose 2A wasn't very good and I thought he'd never get 3A. But he proved me wrong. He started working on 3A, and his 3A looks much better than his 2A!! So we never know...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiChibi View Post
    I've seen her 3A attempts and they weren't bad at all. I know a male skater whose 2A wasn't very good and I thought he'd never get 3A. But he proved me wrong. He started working on 3A, and his 3A looks much better than his 2A!! So we never know...
    Thank you for sharing, good luck to Caroline!

vCash
    Besides, even a wonky 3A gets more points than a wonky 2A. Might as well go for the triple if you can land it.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Practising the 3axel is good, and may help her 2axel. I just hope this doesn't come at the expense of her working on 3toes and 3sals and SPEED.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiChibi View Post
    Did her triple axel attempts look a lot like her double axel? Same speed, entry etc.. etc..? Or were they radically different from the double?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    And not only that, but practicing the triple axel might also have a positive impact on her triple axel.
    Caroline is the last skater on the planet I could see doing a 3axel, but then again she was also the last skater that I think would ever land a nice 3 flip in competition. Now her 3flip is a beautiful jump. Go for the quad axel Caroline!

She's got that competitive spark back, everybody needs to watch the heck out. The largest hurdle she needed to overcome she's overcome, now that she's this motivated I can only imagine how her skating will look by next year.

vCash
    Regarding Caroline's quote: "I don't like to take vacations. You just have to reset all your jumps afterward."

I couldn't help but think, Mirai Nagasu, take note of this, please...

Congrats to Caroline for a great season (and for turning me into a fan). Here's hoping things get better and better for her.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Regarding Caroline's quote: "I don't like to take vacations. You just have to reset all your jumps afterward."

I couldn't help but think, Mirai Nagasu, take note of this, please...

Congrats to Caroline for a great season (and for turning me into a fan). Here's hoping things get better and better for her.
    I thought the same thing.

Caroline has worked so so hard for where she is today. I really hope she makes the world team next year and then the Olympics the following year. Her career is already a remarkable story. To go from "the next big thing" to a non contender for top 10, let alone the world team was probably hard pill to swallow for her. I have so much respect for Caroline.

vCash
    Triple axel? Caroline, please stick to your wonderful present jumps and technique, rather than push the Skate Gods. Let the Four Cs 'formula' settle!

vCash
    I am Zhang, watch me score
    With numbers too big to ignore
    And I know too much to go back an' pretend
    'cause I've heard it all before
    And I've been down there on the floor
    No one's ever gonna keep me down again

CHORUS
    Oh yes I am wise
    But it's wisdom born of pain
    Yes, I've paid the price
    But look how much I gained
    If I have to, I can do anything
    I am strong (strong)
    I am invincible (invincible)
    I am Zhang

You can bend but never break me
    'cause it only serves to make me
    More determined to achieve my final goal
    And I come back even stronger
    Not a novice any longer
    'cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul

CHORUS

I am Zhang watch me grow
    See my triple axel - triple toe
    As I spread my lovin' arms toward the stands
    But I'm still an embryo
    With a long long way to go
    Until I make my mother understand

Oh yes I am wise
    But it's wisdom born of pain
    Yes, I've paid the price
    But look how much I gained
    If I have to I can face anything
    I am strong (strong)
    I am invincible (invincible)
    I am Zhang
    Oh, I am Zhang
    I am invincible
    I am strong

FADE
    I am Zhang
    I am invincible
    I am strong
    I am Zhang

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Caroline is so inspiring.

vCash
    Mao, Gracie Gold, Tuk, Zhang,...practicing the 3A. Any other ladies?

vCash
    I can't see Caroline getting the triple axel considering her double axel is shaky and she has so little speed going into it. Gracie on the other hand has the speed and power to make it happen but hopefully she doesn't practice that at the expense of her other jumps.

vCash
    I'm sure Caroline's coaches are not stupid. She has to attack the axel to have any hope to rotating the 3A, and attacking is exactly what she normally lacks on the 2A. Even if her 3A never see the (competitive) light of day, it's probably good for her to practice it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    I'm sure Caroline's coaches are not stupid. She has to attack the axel to have any hope to rotating the 3A, and attacking is exactly what she normally lacks on the 2A. Even if her 3A never see the (competitive) light of day, it's probably good for her to practice it.
    I also wonder whether including triple toes in her programs might be helpful to her. What do you think?

vCash
    Caroline has just scratched the surface and given us a glipse of what she can do now, and the peak to her potential will only get higher as she keeps working on her technique. This year was just the begining of it, I really hope she can get into top contender form in 2 years but I don't think Caroline has a finish line in mind. She most definitely loves skating and will be around for awhile as long as her body holds up (which is now possible with the fixed technique).

She also deserves a Chuck-Norris fact inspired setion to her thread I'll start:

Caroline Zhang can do a wheelie on a unicycle.

Caroline Zhang can make Dick Button take his hat off to her with his legs.

Caroline Zhang counted to infinity twice while you were reading this sentence.

Caroline Zhang can cut through a hot knife with butter.

Caroline Zhang won American Idol using only sign language.

Caroline Zhang was what Willis was talkin' bout.

feel free to continue..
    Last edited by Karpenko; 02-24-2012 at 02:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    I was going to say basically that. Her coaches have done a fabulous job with Caroline. Not to diminish her hard work......but she found a situation that has brought out the very best in her, and in which she thrives. I say if her coaches thinks she should be working on this...........work away.
    Obviously they have found a key to unlock her talent (oohhh....that is corny!)
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    I also wonder whether including triple toes in her programs might be helpful to her. What do you think?
    I've been standing on a soap box about CZ including 3toes in her LP. Don't know why she didn't this past year. She could've replaced one of those 2x's in her LP. But since her season is over, it's moot. And she could conceivably do a 3t as part of a 3f-3t next season [SP and LP]

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast