Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    vCash
    I didn't mind the third book at all, though the last 3 or 4 pages were terrible.

vCash
    The third book has plot holes so big you could drive a whole fleet of buses though. Katniss for one thing spends most of the book unconscious, plus has a meeting sitting next one of the guys who killed her sister but does not even blink an eye. I found myself struggling to know what Katniss is thinking although the book is told from her perspective. Then here was her voting for a new hunger games. And that is just to begin with. The book is awful. Except for that ending of course.

vCash
    About a quarter through the third book. These books are the type of literature that would make a great PBP thread if a lot of people read the books together.

And I love the prep team.

vCash
    DONE. TEARS, people, TEARS!!! I am obsessed.

Now, will read this thread from the beginning to figure out why I'm such an idiot for liking the third book and I'm not minding the ending (but then, I didn't mind the ending of Harry Potter either).

vCash
    I cried at the end. I thought it was wonderful how the end met the beginning by incorporating the scruffy cat and Primrose, when Petah planted the flowers. I loved Katniss's final reflection about how Gale had fire, and she too had enough of that, and therefore 'it was the dandelion in spring - the hope of a better tomorrow' (or something along that lines) that she wanted. And then the epilogue, with the children, not knowing that they played over a graveyard, in a world with no more hunger games. I cried some more. To me, the book made a profound statement on war and oppression. And on the (IMO) wise maxim that every revolutionary becomes a conservative the day after the revolution.

I liked it when the head gamemaker, on his flight back to District 12 with Katniss, points out that the time was the post-war time when people actually believe in peace for a little while. Then he suggested: but who knows, maybe this would be the time that it stuck and humanity actually evolved?

vCash
    Read the entire thread. A lot of discussion regarding Katniss' vote for a new Hunger Games. Just before she casts her vote, she thinks about how the Hunger Games was invented 75 years ago--the same way HG 2.0 was being devised at that time?

Katniss then notices a rose on the table which reminds her of Snow's scent (like the twentieth millionth time--I have no desire of seeing that being captured on film). And then Katniss realizes that "Nothing has changed. Nothing will ever change now." So, this is where I think Katniss equates Coin with Snow (btw, I think Glenn Close would make a great Coin).

And then she says she votes "yes", pauses, and continues "for Prim." I don't think the vote for was for Prim at all, but rather Prim's name was used as a cover.

And then she waits for Haymitch's vote. While Katniss waits, she thinks "This is the moment, then. When we find out exactly just how much alike we are, and how much he truly understands me." To me, this suggests that Katniss understands her vote would be seen as out of character by some (like Peeta) but someone like Haymitch would understand why she voted the way she did.

So, in short, Katniss voted the way she did to still be in Coin's good graces so as to allow Katniss a time to kill Coin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    So, this is where I think Katniss equates Coin with Snow (btw, I think Glenn Close would make a great Coin).

And then she says she votes "yes", pauses, and continues "for Prim." I don't think the vote for was for Prim at all, but rather Prim's name was used as a cover.

And then she waits for Haymitch's vote. While Katniss waits, she thinks "This is the moment, then. When we find out exactly just how much alike we are, and how much he truly understands me." To me, this suggests that Katniss understands her vote would be seen as out of character by some (like Peeta) but someone like Haymitch would understand why she voted the way she did.

So, in short, Katniss voted the way she did to still be in Coin's good graces so as to allow Katniss a time to kill Coin.
    I thought that was quite obvious - though I did reread the sequence of events and words spoken to double-check that perception.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223