vCash

Amelie Lacoste SP jump layout

Can someone please explain to me what in the heck would possess a skater to go for a jump in the SP with which you have close to a 100% failure rate in competition over a 5-10 year period?

It seems she should go for 3r-3r, 3s, and 2ax. Or 3r-2r if she doesn't feel comfortable with the 3-3. Also, her programs are uber-boring. I don't think I've ever seen anyone more in need of a coaching change in my whole skating watching life. She's been totally misguided on every front.
    Last edited by haribobo; 02-11-2012 at 12:53 AM.

vCash
    ^^ I completely agree. I've seen Amelie do the 3lo/3lo in practice at Nationals but I don't think she has ever landed it in competition. If she had done the 3sal at 4CC's she would probably be in the final group (scary, I know!)
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    She did a 3lp/3lp in the SP at the 2010 Skate Canada but the 2nd loop was downgraded, though I thought it was a pretty good attempt!

vCash
    If she wanted to do a higher tier triple, shouldn't she have gone for the flip instead? She really blew her chance to take an early lead on Phaneuf. And to think of the PCS advantage she would have if she got to skate in the final group.

And the judges' preference was pretty clear - fell twice and still better PCS. Phaneuf is going to pull away on PCS in the free.

vCash
    I can't Believe 4cc is suppose to be the decision maker and they are in a virtual dead tie!

vCash
    Cynthia is BETTER overall than Amelie however, she has failed to deliver even close to her potential and Amelie has edged ahead result wise each time.. Skate Canada HAS to give the spot to Lacoste now unless they are going to engage in very shady tactics.. they have no choice.. Canada will only have one spot at worlds next year though.. NO WAY Lacoste will finish in the top 10 in Nice..

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    Cynthia is BETTER overall than Amelie however, she has failed to deliver even close to her potential and Amelie has edged ahead result wise each time.. Skate Canada HAS to give the spot to Lacoste now unless they are going to engage in very shady tactics.. they have no choice.. Canada will only have one spot at worlds next year though.. NO WAY Lacoste will finish in the top 10 in Nice..
    So then, nothing is gained or lost. Phaneuf and Lacoste were both representatives at Worlds last season that lost the 2nd spot for the team and the way Cynthia has skated this season and last season, she definitely could not gain the spot that was lost back either, any more than Amelie can. Cynthia in no way has proven that she is a better competitor than Amelie. Amelie beat her last season (and won the bronze) and this season at Skate Canada, Amelie beat her at this year's Nationals, and just beat her again at 4CC, albeit narrowly. Lacoste has to be the chosen one now.

vCash
    Amelie really is a one-trick (or in this case, one triple) pony. The only jump she can consistently land is the 3Lo, followed by the 3S and the 3T.

The 3Lz is hit or miss and the 3F is even more unreliable (and neither is of high quality when she lands them).

If she beats Cynthia at 4CC's she should go to Worlds, but as other posters have said, the quality of her skating and programs isn't up to her teammate's.

Amelie should try 3Lo+2Lo, 3S, 2A in her short and two 3Lo, two 3S, two 2A, and a 3T in her free.

At this rate, Cynthia should try 3Lo+2T, 3T, 2A in her short (if she gets a chance to skate it again).

I say go clean with easier content than try jumps you can't land.

Banned Member
    vCash
    I heard last night that Amelie was a pairs skater that went back to singles. Does anyone know why? Seems like that may have been a better option.