Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Ugh. This is why I stopped posting my resume on Monster and making my contact information available there. All it attracted was low-level recruiters who wanted me for insurance sales positions. (I'm in investment research... the two have practically nothing to do with each other!) What's worse is they just wouldn't stop! They kept sending me emails and leaving voice messages on my phone, day after day after day. If I've never responded to a single one, can't they get a hint?
    My bf had a headhunter who bothered him every single day, and who left a very verbally abusive voicemail after he got a position without said headhunter's help. I don't have a very high opinion of them myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    My bf had a headhunter who bothered him every single day, and who left a very verbally abusive voicemail after he got a position without said headhunter's help. I don't have a very high opinion of them myself.
    Wow, that's incredible. Your boyfriend should report him to the headhunter's company.

vCash
    I was a line manager in a hotel years ago. I was always the person who interviewed the candidates, but I was not always the person who made the hiring decision. It depended on the mood of the general manager. Sometimes he was not involved at all, and sometimes he made the decision based on the person's application without actually meeting them. This, after I had contacted and interviewed the candidates.

So if you go on a job interview and think everything went well, and are surprised to find out you didn't get the job, that could be why.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123