Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Anyone Catch The River Premier?

Watched the first show last night. It has some flaws, but it's pretty scary. Interesting cinematography and use of flashbacks. Think I'll keep with it, at least for now.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    I saw it too. I thought it was interesting and will keep with it too.
    Looks like a very limited run and there will only be 6 more episodes at this time.
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    Yes, and I suppose if they find the husband/father, there would not be much left to do.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Yes - I loved it! Those dolls were effin CREEPY
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Yes - I loved it! Those dolls were effin CREEPY
    YES! They were.

vCash
    Anyone still watching? I thought tonight's ep was great - very LOST-like, with an overriding themes of redemption and daddy issues. Loved the scene of AJ finding the tree and letting loose with an extended bleep reel

And still: Creeeeeeeeeeeeeee-peeeee!
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Ok I'm not the only one getting the LOST vibes. Does anyone get some American Horror History vibes too ? Because so far, it looks like a mix of those two (at least) to me.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    I never saw either of those shows. I know, as far as Lost, I must have been living in a cave . So, while I can't compare, this show is awesomely creepy!

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I'm still watching and I liked the *bleep bleep bleeeeeeep* part at the tree also. It's what I would have done.

I'm curious to see if they wrap-up the story in the next few weeks like "AHS" or if they are going to continue the story in the jungle.

vCash
    Question: When AJ was under the tree - was he hallucinating the dirt falling in on him, and he got out himself. Or, did the tribesmen decide that Clark's willingness to sacrifice himself vindicated the group, and they pulled AJ out? I can't decide.

vCash
    I think it's the latter, although who knows. What I like about this show is that we aren't getting all the answers.

vCash
    I though they pulled him out? No I'm not so sure.

vCash
    My initial thought was, they pulled him out. But, then I started thinking he might be flashing back to whatever made him afraid of caves. I love that they make you question what you see and think.

vCash
    I didn't enjoy the premiere, but I decided to give it one more try last night. I enjoyed it much more! I'll definitely keep watching to see where it goes. Though I fear how long the husband/dad can be missing for before they run out of things to do...

vCash
    there are only 5 more episodes to the whole series, so I'm guessing about 5 more hours

vCash
    Wait, Really? Is that all they planed for or will they make more if the ratings are high?

vCash
    that was the plan. who knows what networks will do with a hit, but 1) my impression was that the ratings weren't stellar and 2) I think the show works because it's going to end, so I really hope they won't make more.

ETA: the wiki link says that the "first season" is to be 8 episodes. I can maybe see a second season, depending on how this one ends, but it would require going in a very different direction. I'm still hoping this will be like Harper's Island (with a less inane ending) and the single season will stand on its own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_River_(U.S._TV_series)
    mild spoiler warning - there are descriptions for 2 episodes not yet aired.

vCash
    This makes sense! I'm glad that they gave this one a definite ending. The plot is interesting, but there is simply not enough to write about for that long.

vCash
    Last night was good. It seems like there is an ongoing trend with the magical powers. They go after someone for being bad, but let them go when they then do something selfless. Atonement seems to be their salvation.

vCash
    Last night's ep was interesting - almost all of it was told in video flashback. Very tense. Ugh! As soon as the dog showed up back with Emmett, I was like "he's gonna eat him!!!! " but the more they showed him getting weaker and not eating the dog, it was like "there's protein right there!!!" The scene where he realizes what he has to do was heartbreaking...very well done. And the flashback to the phone call with Linc.....

A tiny nitpick, although I'm willing to overlook it...neither Emmett nor the dog particularly looked like they hadn't eaten in days/weeks

Only 2 more episodes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast