Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    I heard from a dance coach that Dalmer and Firrus are split because she has outgrown him. But I don't see their names on partner search.

vCash
    It's a good thing Virtue/Moir stayed together when Tessa outgrew Scott in their teen years.

However, I think Scott's family has quite a few relatively tall people in it, so perhaps it was reasonable to assume that he would eventually grow.

vCash
    Absolutely it's great V/M stayed together. I don't think she was ever actually taller than him though (that I recall). Whereas watching Dalmer and Firus at Canadians, she was quite noticeably bigger than him. It's unfortunate, I like his dancing. If the rumoured split is true, I hope he can find a petite partner (and Dalmer a taller one).
    Last edited by flowerpower; 01-31-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    It's a good thing Virtue/Moir stayed together when Tessa outgrew Scott in their teen years.

However, I think Scott's family has quite a few relatively tall people in it, so perhaps it was reasonable to assume that he would eventually grow.
    omg just the thought of v/m splitting up/ never becoming partners make me depressed

vCash
    And Firus is already 18 isn't he? I doubt he is going to grow much more and he would need to grow at least 4 inches for this to work. It is really too bad as they are a lovely couple. They really have a great connection on the ice.
    I noticed Alexa Linden (BC, 3rd in Novice) on IPS. Her former partner, Tyler Miller is not, so he has either found a partner or quit. IPS says Alexa has dual American / Canadian citizenship.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    At JCN i saw team with high red hair boy, who skated with small girl. Why he coudnt start skating with Dalmer or Bruster, when his patner - with Firrus or Lum?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    If you are talking about Collins/Seymour, they are based in Ontario (Barrie), while Bruser/Lum and Dalmer/Firus train in BC. It's easy for us fans to "mix and match" partners but there are many practicalities involving in breaking/forming new partnerships (just stating the obvious here).
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    At JCN i saw team with high red hair boy, who skated with small girl. Why he coudnt start skating with Dalmer or Bruster, when his patner - with Firrus or Lum?
    Likely because he is happy with his partner now. :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    If you are talking about Collins/Seymour, they are based in Ontario (Barrie), while Bruser/Lum and Dalmer/Firus train in BC. It's easy for us fans to "mix and match" partners but there are many practicalities involving in breaking/forming new partnerships (just stating the obvious here).
    I know. but feel so sad for Lum - they were impressive young team

vCash
    It is a little sad to see these great partnerships break, but not entirely surprising. Dalmer/Firus were a little scary to watch, especially in lifts. They really went down at Challenge. Bruser/Lum are both very talented, but they also are not the right size for each other. There's not much you can do about that. It was inevitable. Both boys need to find tiny, small scale young ladies (think along the lines of Dubrieul). I imagine the girls may have a little more trouble finding young men who are talented, at a similar development level, still have years left at Junior, and are taller. I really feel for those girls.

Which may explain why boys don't always put their profiles on icepartnersearch. With the ratio of boys to girls in the sport so low, I would think the coaches with/looking for boys will all work together to make sure boys who want to skate, find appropriate partners.

vCash
    Two more skaters that appear to be new to Ice Partner search at Jade Marrow and Courtney Royer.

Jade Marrow skated with Benjamin Mulder this season. They were 16th at Challenge in junior. Courtney Royer skated with Steven Paslawsky this season. They were 19th at Challenge in junior. Neither Benjamin or Steven are listed on Ice Partner Search.

If the rumoured as well as confirmed splits at the junior level are true, that already makes seven splits out of about 25 or 30 junior ice dance teams in Canada.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    Mélissande Dumas / David Mackay Perry, 9th in Sr canadians, appear to have split - she's on ice partner search
    Haili Moyer & Aaron Chapplain (12th in Junior Dance) are both listed on IPS now.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    There are a lot of ice dance teams that have split since nationals. I know there are 3 novice teams and a junior team (Moyer & Chapplain)in Barrie split, and many BC teams are split. The novice team Clarke and Webb who placed 4 th at challenge and nationals have split. It is too bad because they connected very well together. Clarke has retired from skating. Webb is looking for a partner to skate Junior.

vCash
    The only dance team left in AB is a pre-novice team Collier/Royer...EVERY other team has split

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Graeme Gordon (2nd in Novice Dance with Brianna Delmaestro) is listed on IPS as of today.
    Also listed is Alexa Linden (3rd in Novice with Tyler Miller), who has dual CAN and USA citizenship.
    Tyler Miller was listed on IPS earlier but is not now.

Juniors listed on IPS:
    Caelen Dalmer & Shane Firus (3rd)
    Timothy Lum (competed in 3 JGPs with Noa Bruser)
    Haili Moyer & Aaron Chapplain (12th)

From earlier in this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    Mélissande Dumas / David Mackay Perry, 9th in Sr canadians, appear to have split - she's on ice partner search
    Not a split but Nicole Kuzmich & Jordan Hockley (14th in Junior at 2013 Canadians) will make their international debut for Slovenia at 2013 Junior Worlds next week, along with their training mates in Scarborough, Carina Glastris & Nicholas Lettner (GRE).

vCash
    There is a new junior team, Matthew Webb and Margo Huen. Matthew was 4th in novice at Nationals with last partner Jaimie Clarke who retired from skating. I am sure there will be more announcements of new teams soon.

vCash
    What about Ralf-Hill? I didnt see them in list of alternatives for WCh.

vCash
    They don't have the TES minimum for the SD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    They don't have the TES minimum for the SD.
    Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123