Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxygirl View Post
    The Westboro Baptist church will be at the memorial service for the boys on Saturday because apparently the gay marriage bill just passed up here caused Josh to kill the boys , and Occupy Seattle will be there to counterprotest. No link because I'm on my phone, but I'm sure you can find something at SeattleTimes.com.
    What the f is wrong with those people? Sometimes I almost feel sorry for them because it just seems like such a truly horrendous existence, such a horrible way to live your life, being that full of hate, but then I think about how much unnecessary pain they cause other people and I just feel disgusted again.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Those people do not belong to any church that I know of. They're nothing but a group of people filled w/hate and bigotry hiding behind the term "church", so they can keep spreading their form of hate. As for the Occupy protesters using the Memorial Service to counter protest...I'm sorry, but in this case they're just as bad as the Westboro people.

I can only hope the Police prepare properly so these nimrods don't end up doing what they intend to, but....

Mom was watching the Coxes on Nancy Grace last night. I didn't stay, as I can't stand that woman, but Mom said she treated them really well and gently too. I can't imagine the pain that not just them, but the entire Family is going through right now. My thoughts and prayers have been going west to them ever since I learned of this horrible and tragic event happening.

I'll also repeat what others have said...May their Father be roasting in Hell.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Those people do not belong to any church that I know of. They're nothing but a group of people filled w/hate and bigotry hiding behind the term "church", so they can keep spreading their form of hate. As for the Occupy protesters using the Memorial Service to counter protest...I'm sorry, but in this case they're just as bad as the Westboro people.
    I probably shouldn't have used the word counterprotest because I'm not sure exactly what they're planning, just that they'll be there in response to the church. For all I know, they could be planning to act as a buffer between the protesters and the mourners.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    The Westboro Baptist church will be at the memorial service for the boys on Saturday because apparently the gay marriage bill just passed up here caused Josh to kill the boys
    Translation: The boys' death is big news. If we want to be in the news we need to show up. For whatever tenuous reason we can come up with.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    The social worker called 911, begging for assistance, and was told that help would come in the order asked, in other words that it would be a wait, and she screamed, this may be life or death...there are absolutely no words about the hatchet, that makes me ill.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    The social worker called 911, begging for assistance, and was told that help would come in the order asked, in other words that it would be a wait, and she screamed, this may be life or death...there are absolutely no words about the hatchet, that makes me ill.
    Our US Western Network channels on our dish are all from Seattle, so have been staying up to watch their 11pm/2am here news. Last night the CBS affliate had on someone who is a retired 911 Trainer from the Fire Dept and to say that man was livid over how the 911 operators handled this, is like saying the Dance event at Nice Worlds looks a little bit interesting.

He said that as soon as that Social Worker informed that operator who she was, why she was calling and what the situation was, *but* especially after she said she could smell gas everywhere and she needed help right now, that "the world should have dropped on that location." He couldn't believe she was told instead that since nothing was taking place at that moment only a few Deputies would be coming.

Oh and then the Head of the Department tried to defend his 911 Operators and how they handled the situation. Now that the tape's been released, Good Luck w/that one.

I probably shouldn't have used the word counterprotest because I'm not sure exactly what they're planning, just that they'll be there in response to the church. For all I know, they could be planning to act as a buffer between the protesters and the mourners.
    I will cross my fingers and hope and pray you're right about that. The Family has more than enough to deal w/right now.
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 02-10-2012 at 01:35 AM.

vCash
    Hopefully, you're right. I can't think of the name of the organization that acts as a buffer between the Westboro idiots and the mourners at military funerals.

vCash
    The OS folks are not counter protesting, but will be among the groups creating a buffer.

https://www.facebook.com/events/342121715818939/

vCash
    "The Washington state social worker who was supposed to supervise a visit between Josh Powell and his young sons says Powell told his oldest boy he had a "surprise" for him moments before attacking and killing the children."

from the associate press.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Hopefully, you're right. I can't think of the name of the organization that acts as a buffer between the Westboro idiots and the mourners at military funerals.
    Patriot Guard Riders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    "The Washington state social worker who was supposed to supervise a visit between Josh Powell and his young sons says Powell told his oldest boy he had a "surprise" for him moments before attacking and killing the children."

from the associate press.
    Hopefully there was a nice "surprise" waiting for Powell when he went straight to hell. That man is pure evil.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    The OS folks are not counter protesting, but will be among the groups creating a buffer.

https://www.facebook.com/events/342121715818939/
    Good to hear. Thanks for the link!
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    I've heard reports that Powell withdrew over $7000.00 from his bank before the attack.
    Just another "why" that will never be explained.

It's also been reported that authorities had requested a psychiatric exam for him after finding hundreds of incestuous sexual images on his computer,

What a truly evil man!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Hopefully there was a nice "surprise" waiting for Powell when he went straight to hell.
    Considering that the guy was a Mormon and what he did was the ultimate in "blood atonement", Powell could have been richly rewarded by Joseph Smith at the "final judgment", and is now a god presiding over his own polygamous planet right about now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Considering that the guy was a Mormon and what he did was the ultimate in "blood atonement", Powell could have been richly rewarded by Joseph Smith at the "final judgment", and is now a god presiding over his own polygamous planet right about now.
    I don't know what your problem with the LDS (Mormon) Church is, heckles, but you obviously don't know what you're talking about. We "Mormons" believe in the Bible and the Ten Commandments, one of which says "Thou shalt not kill." In my opinion, the fact that Josh Powell killed his two sons disqualifies him from the blood atonement/becoming a god you are talking about. It has been reported that Josh Powell had disassociated himself from the LDS Church and refused to allow his children to be taken to church by the Coxes.

I don't post very often, but feel compelled to do so when you frequently take opportunities to spew these kinds of comments about a religion that you clearly don't know much about.

Carry on ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsmom View Post
    In my opinion, the fact that Josh Powell killed his two sons disqualifies him from the blood atonement/becoming a god you are talking about.
    Are you kidding? Powell is ripe for Mormon godhood. How much more "blood atonement" does it get than offing your wife and kids, then yourself? He'll be BFFs in the Celestial Kingdom with Joseph Smith, who himself died after having guns smuggled into his jail by other Mormons and a gunfight ensued. That is, after trying to have the Missouri governor killed.

Or was that jail sentence for Smith for the counterfeiting money? Raping young girls when he wasn't busy doing other guys' wives? Destroying the town's newspaper printing press because he didn't like what was said about him?

So much crime, so little time.

vCash
    there are no words.... i went and watched dear zachary last night- and I bawled my eyes out- these poor chidlren who end up being murdered by the one person that should prtotect them from everythign they can...

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Can't link right now but I read that the Wesboro Baptist Wingnuts have cancelled their plans to protest the funeral. they are hoping a bunch of coutnerprotesters will be there getting in a tizzy over nothing
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Can't link right now but I read that the Wesboro Baptist Wingnuts have cancelled their plans to protest the funeral. they are hoping a bunch of coutnerprotesters will be there getting in a tizzy over nothing
    Seems they've cancelled out a number of times. I think they announce they're going to be there and it gets people talking about them and gets hits on their site - then they cancel.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Seems they've cancelled out a number of times. I think they announce they're going to be there and it gets people talking about them and gets hits on their site - then they cancel.
    I'll keep that in mind the next time they announce they're going to show up uninvited at someone's funeral.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast