Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Ellen Degeneres Addresses Her JCPenney Critics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zNKT...5&feature=plcp

Way to go Ellen. And One million moms just deleted their facebook page...

vCash

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    That was awesome. First, how could anyone hate Ellen? Secondly, don't those people have something, ANYTHING, better to do with their time? Sometimes I wish I wasn't gay because I feel like my stance on this isn't taken seriously because I am gay. I know deep down that this isn't right and my thoughts aren't always fueled by being gay myself. I wonder what those women think about this Macy's ad:

http://purpleunions.com/blog/2012/02...ke-topper.html
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Way to go, Ellen! I'm gonna send JCPenny a message saying "Thank you for not giving in to these bigots!"

vCash
    Even Bill O'Reilly came to Ellen's defense:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/02/08/bi...len-degeneres/

I wonder if OMM has a problem with Kim Kardashian being a spokesperson for products. She's not exactly the poster child for traditional marriage/family.

vCash
    I'm gay, but I don't discriminate George W. Bush. It's not his fault he was borne George. Imagine when he was a kid, and other kids would bully him: "He's George, he's George". Imagine what he went through when he had to tell his parents: "Mum, dad, I have to confess to you: I'm George. I was ashamed, I fought it, and then I realized it just wasn't my fault". I'm gay, but I understand someone derves equal rights even if he's borne George.

vCash
    Wow! That was fabulous.

Next time I cross border shop, JC Penny will be the first stop.

ETA: if you want to send JC Penny an email to show your support, this link will take you there: https://shop2.jcpenney.com/jcp/frm_g...opic=&CmCatId=
    Last edited by mag; 02-08-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Add JC Penny link
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    ETA: if you want to send JC Penny an email to show your support, this link will take you there: https://shop2.jcpenney.com/jcp/frm_g...opic=&CmCatId=
    Thanks a lot.

Quadless
    vCash
    I absolutely adore Ellen. She's smart, hilarious, compassionate and gorgeous - what's not to love? And props to JC Penney for not backing down on the issue.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Ellen's gay?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    I absolutely adore Ellen. She's smart, hilarious, compassionate and gorgeous - what's not to love? And props to JC Penney for not backing down on the issue.
    Yeah, I adore her too. She is such an honest and compassionate person.

vCash
    I wonder, or perhaps I should say I hope, that this issue and the Susan Komen issue become a turning point for the quiet majority. I'm part of that quiet majority. You know, people who are kind and considerate, who treat people the way they want to be treated, who have open minds and aren't interested in forcing their beliefs on others. We can't believe that people would actually try to take mammograms away from low income women or hate Ellen, just because she is gay. So sometimes the very vocal minority gets away with stuff they shouldn't.
    I don't know about others like me, but these two issues have made me take a bit more notice. They may not be happening in my country (yet!) but that doesn't mean I shouldn't let organization know when I don't approve or when I do approve. I may not make a difference all on my own, but 1000 to 10,000 of me perhaps can.

I've sent my email to JC Penny to let them know that I support their decision and they have a new customer.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    As do I and yes, yes, yes, and YES to all that you said up there. How many other hosts on their shows end it w/...

Be kind to one another!!
    Sad that needs to be said or remind people to be that very thing, but also a sign of the times we're in sadly. Huge PROPS to JC Penney for not backing down and keeping Ellen.

Now off to download Ellen's video. W/my slow as molasses connection, I should be watching it around 10 tonight...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    First, how could anyone hate Ellen?
    Um...how about people who don't think she's very funny?

vCash
    Mag - you have a very good point there. Without making this political, I am part of the passive majority that doesn't squeak or protest. But this month, I've emailed JCP (thanks for the link), and donated to Planned Parenthood, a place I've never visited, but appreciate.

Back to topic - love Ellen. She's done a lot for animal rights, she's not a nasty person at all, and had voiced one of my favorite Pixar charactrers - Dory from Finding Nemo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post

In that case they could dislike her a little, but hate? Such a strong word and so overused in most instances.

vCash
    Sent an e-mail to JCP expressing my support. Thanks so much for the link!

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    "Thank you” email sent!
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Those people don't exist. Try again.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    That was awesome. First, how could anyone hate Ellen? Secondly, don't those people have something, ANYTHING, better to do with their time? Sometimes I wish I wasn't gay because I feel like my stance on this isn't taken seriously because I am gay. I know deep down that this isn't right and my thoughts aren't always fueled by being gay myself. I wonder what those women think about this Macy's ad:

http://purpleunions.com/blog/2012/02...ke-topper.html
    I wish you didn't feel that way. Your stance is spot on. And you should never feel that your opinion is not taken seriously. These people (OMM) are vile. JCP did the right thing. Ellen is an amazing human being. She is an example to us all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast