View Poll Results: Should top 10 at Worlds supersede Nationals results for a 4CC spot?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

14 14.89%
  • Only in case of equipment failure or illness

16 17.02%
  • Sometimes- depending on GP and other results and Nationals

40 42.55%
  • Only if that top 10 skater medaled at Worlds

12 12.77%
  • Always

12 12.77%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Well now that things have unfolded as they did, I think USFS committee has learned a good lesson. I don't think they've ever done something like this before nor are they likely to do it again anytime soon. Still think Ricky's spot was partially justified by 1) his good FS at Nationals, 2) his pretty good SB score, and 3) his strong finish at Worlds season, but logistically it seems that Ricky maybe wasn't mentally at his best after Nationals nor does it sound like he was prepared for altitude. Armin's training in Co Springs probably could've come in handy for him here. But, maybe this will provide more incentive for Armin to get a better FS next year and also work towards stronger skates at his international events so he is more seriously considered in the future. The world will keep on spinning as long as everyone is learning from their mistakes.
    I am certainly not against the USFS being supportive of a skater who has had a bad competition, but I just can't agree that listing Ricky as 1st alternate was at all justifiable--especially considering the training environments of the two skaters. Armin has also lost the opportunity to improve his SB and standing which might have given him a better chance of even having assignments next season, right?

vCash
    Well, I think USFS owes him the host pick at Skate America for the "pissoff".

But probably they will just ask Dornbush to that event as well.

vCash
    Ricky has a high enough score to get at least one GP invite somewhere, so I really don't see them giving him Skate America, nor should they. Armin has gotten Skate America 2 years in a row, but if his score isn't high enough for a spot elsewhere, he'll probably end up at SA again. At least Armin had *2* chances for a SB score this season while Aaron, Messing, Hochstein, Cassar, Dyer, and Carriere had none. Especially rough for Messing who only finished 2 points behind Armin at 2011 Nationals and Aaron who was the reigning Junior men's champ. So much more than Armin, its these other guys who are getting lost in the shuffle (although I suppose 2012 Nationals was a good time for redemption and Armin's the one who managed to skate well enough for pewter this time). Certainly our pewter medalist deserves at least one GP event- I just hope its not Skate America so some of our other guys get a shot too.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Not to be too far off topic, but the SA host picks might be interesting to watch for ladies and dance as well.

vCash
    Nagasu, Czisny, Wagner, and Zhang will probably get 2 spots each. Gao, Flatt, Zawadzki, and Lam (if moving up) maybe 1 each. Not sure what will be the plan for Gold, Siraj, Cesario, and Baga, who could stay junior or move up to senior internationally...so USFS may have to decide if they're trying to give a 1-spotter a 2nd spot, or someone like Baga a first spot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123