Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

vCash
    Seems like she has a good attitude. Her former coach makes it sound like the hype is actually helping her in some weird way.

vCash
    Great article. I like her more and more. Her jump technique really is incredibly stunning. Let's hope she stays on this same path of progression. Mind you, ice is slippery so the best of luck to her.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Winning juniors two years before the Olympics means a spot on the team is "all but assured"??? Really??

Guess that's why Shelby Lyons did so well in Nagano, as well as Alexe Gilles in Vancouver.

There are no guarantees. I hope that Gracie, her family and coaches are more realistic than that writer!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Winning juniors two years before the Olympics means a spot on the team is "all but assured"??? Really??
    No, that's not what the article says. The sentence reads (bolded part mine):
    "If she continues to skate well, her place on the U.S. team at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, is all but assured."

There are no guarantees. I hope that Gracie, her family and coaches are more realistic than that writer!
    Based on the article, they come across as realistic to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post

Guess that's why Shelby Lyons did so well in Nagano, as well as Alexe Gilles in Vancouver.

Why should they be? They may have been on this board and read the over the top hype about how we should have thrown Alissa and/or Ashley off the World Team and sent Gracie (who as far as I know has never even skated a Senior event, but... why let stop us)

FSU seems to think she's the next YuNa or Michelle! LOL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    FSU seems to think she's the next YuNa or Michelle! LOL!
    No, only a few individual on FSU think so. I feel like I'm already sick of all the Gracie Gold hype. Remember what Peggy Fleming said of Tiffany Chin in 84? "We might be watching the Olympic Champion of 1988."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    No, only a few individual on FSU think so. I feel like I'm already sick of all the Gracie Gold hype. Remember what Peggy Fleming said of Tiffany Chin in 84? "We might be watching the Olympic Champion of 1988."
    I know what you mean, butt......

Chin was spectacular in Sarajevo!

Soon after the gold rush started here I looked up a few youtubes of Gracie's "spectacular" skates and found them
    I hope she keeps her jumps and improves greatly on everything else but most of all I hope she gets repackaged as everything from the dreadful costumes to that noise she calls "music" we're just awful IMO.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    I hope she continues with the sports psychologist as it's like any type of training it needs to keep ongoing, especially with adolescent girls and all the life changes they are going through anyway..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    then why did you come in here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    then why did you come in here?
    Oh, pardon me. I didn't realize this thread's sole purpose was for the continuation of the Gracie Gold hype. OK, carry on then.

Gracie Gold for the Oscar.
    Gracie Gold for President.
    Gracie Gold for Walmart Employee of the year.
    Gracie Gold for the first female to walk on the moon.
    Gracie Gold for brokering peace in the Middle East.
    etc.

vCash
    You left out Grammy, Emmy, Tony, and the Nobel.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    I've found the people who endlessly complain that people are hyping Gracie to the high heavens far outweigh, and are far more obnoxious, than the few who actually do.

Not to mention they relentlessly attribute quotes or declarations about her future that no one has even said.

vCash
    I hope she continues to do well. I'm ready for a new senior girl our present group are so mediocre.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You left out Grammy, Emmy, Tony, and the Nobel.
    That's because we need to be realistic.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Exactly.

If we had some world medallists in our top 3, it would be a different situation entirely.

We are sending to Worlds a girl who underrotates, flutzes, and double foots jumps as champion, and a girl whose head spins off into nowhere and falls all over the place about half the time as our silver medallist. We only have 2 slots.

A girl who can actually do all the triples short of the 3A is a phenomenon in the US these days.

Even the article linked in the OP is only hoping that Gracie can make the US team for Sochi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilng View Post
    I hope she continues to do well. I'm ready for a new senior girl our present group are so mediocre.
    Amen to that. The current crop of Seniors have had their day and haven't gotten it done. Alissa will be 25 this year do we really think she is the answer? I do want to see if Agnes improves though at least she does the difficult jumps that the older girls can't or won't even try to do.

vCash
    All of these expectations this early for Gracie can't do anything but hurt her at this age. She is yet to compete at Senior Nationals and people are already saying she will win Olympic Gold. Calm down people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Amen to that. The current crop of Seniors have had their day and haven't gotten it done. Alissa will be 25 this year do we really think she is the answer? I do want to see if Agnes improves though at least she does the difficult jumps that the older girls can't or won't even try to do.
    We saw some very promising girls at Senior Nat's this year. Angela Wang, for one. And although they're not age eligible now, Nina Jiang and Leah Kaiser. We have yet to see what a healthy Yasmin Siraj or Kiri Baga could accomplish. Or Christina Gao with more consistency and personality. It doesn't have to be up to Gold alone to save US Ladiezz.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seaner00 View Post
    She is yet to compete at Senior Nationals and people are already saying she will win Olympic Gold. Calm down people.
    Can you provide a link to people saying she's going to win Olympic gold? I'd love to see this for myself.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast