Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Hicks will turn 17 in December 2012. My guess is that she is aiming to be considered for the JGP again, but we'll have to wait and see.

ETA: Hicks is currently #30 on the ISU Season Best total scores list (151.91 for winning the JGP in Brisbane & the 10th ranked U.S. lady) and #75 on the Season's Rankings list (250 points for her JGP gold medal), and #81 on the ISU World Standings list (I missed seeing her name earlier).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-14-2012 at 12:41 PM.

vCash
    Has she done enough to get an invite to a senior level GP? I think staying junior is her best bet. At least that will give her a year to ease back into competition and continue to work on her skating...

vCash
    I hope Courtney does skate as a Senior at Nats though. With her and Gracie there it will certainly be exciting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I hope Courtney does skate as a Senior at Nats though. .
    Why would she even consider doing Junior again? She won! Staying in Junior would make no sense.

If she is skating well, I hope she could do Senior Grand Prix,

anyone know if she can?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    Why would she even consider doing Junior again? She won! Staying in Junior would make no sense.

If she is skating well, I hope she could do Senior Grand Prix,

anyone know if she can?
    Highly unlikely. Her SB is not in the top 24, and her WS is very low from only having competed in 2 internationals ever (JW and JGP Brisbane), and with so many other US ladies in contention for GP spots, her only hope really would be a host spot, and I'm sure the USFS will probably give that to another skater who maybe only gets 1 GP to give them a 2nd.

vCash
    Honestly, since she didn't finish competing as a junior internationally last season, she should probably stick to the JGP this coming season so that she can build a rep. With Lipnitskaya and presumably Gold going senior next season, being on the JGP might give Hicks a chance to shine, especially if she has gained back her form before her injury.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Highly unlikely. Her SB is not in the top 24, and her WS is very low from only having competed in 2 internationals ever (JW and JGP Brisbane), and with so many other US ladies in contention for GP spots, her only hope really would be a host spot, and I'm sure the USFS will probably give that to another skater who maybe only gets 1 GP to give them a 2nd.
    Correct. Assuming no retirements or injuries, once the guaranteed skaters are out of the way, assuming a best case scenario where seeded skaters all do only 2 events and all home slots are used, there are only 8 spots left. Which will likely go towards second events for skaters like Sotnikova, Gold, Czisny, Zhang, Lipnitskaya, Tuktamysheva, Phaneuf, Zijun Li, Nagasu, and maybe a first event for Gao, Lam, and Zawadzki. If USFS allows for someone besides those skaters to be chosen for a SA spot, Cesario and Baga are other potential contendors assuming Jiang, Wang, Siraj, Cain, etc. are staying on JGP. Hicks could be a GP medal contendor regardless of all this, but I see her most likely staying on JGP anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123