vCash

Spartacus: Vengeance

The new season has started, along with the new spartacus. I think Liam is doing a good job given the circumstances, but for me, the other characters such as Lucretia. Batiatus, and Crixus were always the more compelling part of the story.

The series has already been renewed for a third season so I'm wondering how will it progress and if it goes any further. I always figured that

Spoiler

vCash
    I am missing Batiatus something fierce, John Hannah was the best part of the show for me. However I am looking forward to the return of Gannicus, as he was awfully easy on the eyes. So far, so good, but I am getting bored with the extended fight scenes. I do enjoy the weird one liners like "Place Cock in Ass" that you just go with cause hey, it's Spartacus!

vCash
    I completely agree Yehudi, Crixus and Doctore/Oenomaus make the show for the me. The supporting character are so complex and interesting

So far I'm enjoying this season.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolineL View Post
    I am missing Batiatus something fierce, John Hannah was the best part of the show for me.
    I'm with you, John Hannah made me watch this show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    I'm with you, John Hannah made me watch this show.
    Whee Gannicus is back

I got to see the Spartacus panel at comic con and Manu Bennet (Crixus) is just wonderful and

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    Whee Gannicus is back

I got to see the Spartacus panel at comic con and Manu Bennet (Crixus) is just wonderful and
    Jealous!

I marathoned the entire prequel and first season to get to Gannicus' return. Is Marcus Crassus making an appearance this season? They mention him alot and he does get a stab at putting the rebellion down.

vCash
    I don't think Crassus will appear this season. Maybe next season. I think the season will end with (spoilers for those who don't know the history or haven't seen the Kirk Douglas Movie)

Spoiler

Next season, we will probably see Crassus.

Very disappointed with Cossutius' death. I wanted something a little gorier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    I don't think Crassus will appear this season. Maybe next season. I think the season will end with (spoilers for those who don't know the history or haven't seen the Kirk Douglas Movie)

Spoiler

Next season, we will probably see Crassus.

Very disappointed with Cossutius' death. I wanted something a little gorier.
    Oh that would make sense. I guess that would also mean the appearance of Pompey, no? I think this is pre-First Triumvirate days.

If Cossutius is that gross Roman who raped Diona, then I agree. I have to look away at the violence on the show and I wouldn't look if his death was gorier, but ugh, he deserved it. He and Quintillius.

vCash
    Anyone see the finale?

In the words of James Purefoy as Marc Antony: Now THAT is an exit.

Spartacus done. On to GoT

vCash
    The finale was EPIC! Can't wait for January 2013.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmkrcwi View Post
    The finale was EPIC! Can't wait for January 2013.
    Couldn't agree more. I cringed when

Spoiler

What I love about this show, you never know which character will killed off how the storylines are going to go. It's so surprising and I love that
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I cringed when

Spoiler

What I love about this show, you never know which character will killed off how the storylines are going to go. It's so surprising and I love that
    I knew Crixus' death was coming(if not this episode but surely the next since historically, he did split from spartacus and die). Still, his send off was gut wrenching. On the plus side, glad Manu is getting some good roles with the hobbit and arrow. And Jai Courtney, who played Varro, just signed on for the new YA movie Divergent which also will have kate winslet.