Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Okay...now that they "Tebowed" on national television, I really don't like them.
    K for this Canadian, what does it mean to "Tebow" on national TV? did they pray?
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Haven Denney is marginally better packaged than her sister, who looked like a two-bit you-know-what in the LP at US nationals.

I think Denney and Frazier have a lot of potential.
    That's harsh. I'd say more like a Vegas showgirl. Gaudy and tacky, yes, but "whorish" is a bit much.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    K for this Canadian, what does it mean to "Tebow" on national TV? did they pray?
    Haha, it's this weird-looking crouch position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Let's just crouch and randomly start praying! um... no! Yet more reason to dislike the Denney sisters...
    Kyle

vCash
    I am still trying to figure how Caydee and John won, but that's another thread. Haven was much more pleasant to watch. She's much more graceful and I don't cringe at her lift positions
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    I am still trying to figure how Caydee and John won, but that's another thread. Haven was much more pleasant to watch. She's much more graceful and I don't cringe at her lift positions
    For Caydee's severe infraction for making more than one skating fan cringe at her lift positions, she should receive at least 2 years being stretched on the rack followed by at least 3 years in a ballet class!

vCash
    My biggest problem with Caydee's skating and complete lack of grace and poise is that she actually won nationals. That in and of itself is bad enough. Where is the motivation to improve and fix the fugliness of her skating and total lack of artistic ability if you reward her with titles? The judges are sending a message that what she is doing is exceptional and acceptable and it's not
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    What did they (Haven/partner) skate to in the exhibition?
    It was their SP program from Chicago.

vCash
    i guess her name precedes that? i would love to see haven denney duke it out with donlan, if donlan does go up the ranks with her partner.

vCash
    Sort of looks like this to me. How inappropriate at the U.S. Championshits.http://www.google.com/imgres?q=squat...gz9W8DA&zoom=1
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    Sort of looks like this to me. How inappropriate at the U.S. Championshits.http://www.google.com/imgres?q=squat...gz9W8DA&zoom=1
    I would be a lot more concerned if they both didn't look insanely horrified while doing it.

vCash
    I would be a lot more concerned if they both didn't look insanely horrified while doing it.
    I think it's a little different when a player is doing it on the sidelines verses two teenage sisters being put on spot by a pseudo interviewer who should know better not to even ask them to do it in the first place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I think it's a little different when a player is doing it on the sidelines verses two teenage sisters being put on spot by a pseudo interviewer who should know better not to even ask them to do it in the first place.
    Yeah, I definitely don't think they needed to be asked. And they seemed a little freaked and confused before they did it. I don't think they were expecting it.

vCash
    Actually, looking at that it looks almost like it could be one of those big grandiose bows a lady pairs skater might do at the end of their routine. Can you imaging football players doing this big reverence thing at the end of a game?
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Ronald Macdonald.
    HA HA all you have to do is look at Delilah to find the answer to that one. After all She came from a circus background didn't she?

vCash
    My biggest problem with Caydee's skating and complete lack of grace and poise is that she actually won nationals. That in and of itself is bad enough. Where is the motivation to improve and fix the fugliness of her skating and total lack of artistic ability if you reward her with titles? The judges are sending a message that what she is doing is exceptional and acceptable and it's not
    That motivation to improve after winning has to come from within, but also from a coaching team that can point it out and take actual steps to correct it.

And it's only a US title. D/C and the entire coaching staff must know that they need help in the artistic dept. on the World stage. I'd like to see Dalilah 1) really focus on her extension and all those non-element moves that would add so much to the program, and 2) choose more suitable music for them in the future. Opera is not their forte. You need to understand the music and the OTT drama associated with the story, then project it. Opera requires the woman to project a diva-like quality to the rafters for it to be effective.
    FWIW, I see small improvements in John's extension and posture. It's just that Caitlin's poise in the past was so good, it used to draw all the attention and that's no longer the case.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Ronald Macdonald.
    you're

vCash
    Is there any link to watch the exhibition yet? Anyway, I think Haven has more potential, but Caydee is solid and doesn't usually miss. They are a new pair (D/C) and just need time. I do not think her lift positions will ever improve much, though.

vCash
    I did notice that the Caydee was the only female pair skater who Peter mentioned needed better positions. He said they were a new pair and that that would come with time. I'm not so sure...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I did notice that the Caydee was the only female pair skater who Peter mentioned needed better positions. He said they were a new pair and that that would come with time. I'm not so sure...
    She's not new to this level. And her positions have needed work as long as we've been seeing her on the senior level. So I join your lack of optimism.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast