Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Why a ?

Shouldn't she say what happenend?

The communist regime spied on lots of people day in day out and I imagine it most be horrifying to find that out years later.

Yes, my annoyance was with the regime and was a "you have got to be kidding" that they would do that. Of course, J Edgar Hoover in the US was always looking in people's bedrooms, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised at who does it.

vCash
    Jeez, they only listened!!!!! lmao Some of the younger fans probably never had heard this and even this old one hadn't . lol

Blergh
    vCash
    Well, I'm sure the spies didn't mind having that assignment...
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Jeez, they only listened!!!!! lmao Some of the younger fans probably never had heard this and even this old one hadn't . lol
    And some of the younger fans probably never heard about, or saw Katarina Witt !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Jeez, they only listened!!!!! lmao
    Make one think what the investigators themselves were doing while they were listening. Hmm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Um...when did Jutta Mueller become a man? About 1988, apparently. Now *that* is new news

(see the caption to the black and white picture about 2/3 of the way through the text).
    Haha agreed definitely the best part!!

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Well, I'm sure the spies didn't mind having that assignment...
    I don't know. How exciting is it to listen to people have sex for 7 minutes? Now if they were watching as well, I could see it, but just listening was probably more annoying than anything.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    According to her biography lots was made up anyway. She speculated that this was because most of her spies did not speak English. So the reports when she had a guest where more like: Kati and guest talk in foreign language. She laughed about it in her diary saying that at one point Brian Boitano was there as her guest and the Stasi spy wrote that they had had sex for 7 minutes when Brian never was interested in women anyway and when they definitely never had sex but that probably the spy thought that he had to write something

vCash
    Yes, weak western capitalist champion only has stamina for 7 minutes of sex with beautiful woman, not like our virile eastern block men!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Um...when did Jutta Mueller become a man? About 1988, apparently. Now *that* is new news

(see the caption to the black and white picture about 2/3 of the way through the text).
    Maybe it actually was Jutta and she was just having a really bad hair day...

vCash
    Wasn't the young Ingo Steuer one of the spies?

vCash
    Yes, but not in her bedroom. "Just" reporting on her if she was likely to defect based on gossip and conversations.

On the run from cholla's vibrating cleavage
    vCash
    Funnily, I am old enough to remember that Witt was an FDJ poster girl.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Maybe it actually was Jutta and she was just having a really bad hair day...
    Maybe Frau Mueller was going for the exotic gender neutral Chinese communist look?

vCash
    I read about this case in Witt´s book "Meine Jahre zwischen Pflicht und Kür". I was shocked by the extent of the spying.

vCash
    I read that book too. She talked about the many false accusations and the shock of finding out about the spying. I remember chuckling when she wrote how her coach was surprised that she was going to write a biography, apparently her coach said something like 'what are you going to write about at this age? that I called you a fat cow?'. I think it was still the right choice as there were many weird stories being made up about Witt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Make one think what the investigators themselves were doing while they were listening. Hmm
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    According to her biography lots was made up anyway. She speculated that this was because most of her spies did not speak English. So the reports when she had a guest where more like: Kati and guest talk in foreign language. She laughed about it in her diary saying that at one point Brian Boitano was there as her guest and the Stasi spy wrote that they had had sex for 7 minutes when Brian never was interested in women anyway and when they definitely never had sex but that probably the spy thought that he had to write something
    That's my recollection of what Katarina said when the story came out, something like "The tape is of myself and a male friend speaking in English, and then we simply stopped talking, and the Stasi reported that we were having sex during the silence, which wasn't true, they just made things up like that all over these reports." But of course this Daily Mail story didn't print any of Katarina's comments about it so they could include "SEX"!!!!! in their headline.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12