Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I think if you polled the people who have posted in this thread, an overwhelming majority of them would likely disagree with the (trollish) title of this thread.
    And it makes me wish Gracie places 4th.

Poor Gracie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    If Gold is labeled inconsistent because of one mistake in each of her two recent FSs, then I guess the Russian ladies are horribly inconsistent as well:
    She hasn't had a clean LP in a major competition this season. Last season was worse. Compare how well Lipnitskaya skated at junior nationals (i.e. two clean back to back programs) with Gold at American junior nationals, and anyone being objective would recognise the difference between the real thing and the over hyped.

Sotnikova fell on 3z attempts in the SP at both Cup of China and Cup of Russia. She also popped a lutz in the FS at Cup of China and and a 3f attempt in the FS at Cup of Russia. At the Youth Olympic games FS, she URd the 3lo in her 3z+3lo combo and popped the flip and the loop. She also has a major flutz.
    Sotnikova has been out of form all season due to injury and growth issues. Last season, she was undefeated.

Tuktamisheva doubled a loop and stepped out of the 2a in the SP at the GPF. In the FS she double-footed the 3t in her 2a+3t. At the Youth Olympic Games FS, she fell on the 3f and popped the axel in her 2a+3t combo.
    Tuk won her first 3 senior competitions. The competitions you refer to occurred during her mid-season lull when she was exhausted. Moreover, she still won the Youth Olympics despite the tiredness as she was able to make up for the flaws with other aspects of her skating - something Gold does not have

I never said anything about Gold "crushing" anyone. The poster who started this thread said that. But Gold's faults are being magnified beyond all recognition while the Russian ladies are held up as models of consistency and impossible to beat.
    Read the post properly. I was not referring to you, but the title of the thread. As for the Russians being held up - their scores do that for them. As I said in an earlier post, Gold would not have made the podium had Russian and American nationals been one competition. She would have finished 4th, despite Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, and Korobeynikova not even competing. Had they been, Gold would have probably have had only the 7th highest score
    Last edited by Judge Dred; 02-08-2012 at 11:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dred View Post
    Well well, I had completely forgotten about the fact that she popped the 3R at JGP Estonia. It must have got lost in all the hype. Just reinforces my point about her inconsistency even further as it means that she still hasn't put together a clean LP in a major competition this season. I'm sorry, but the hype is so misplaced.

Lets wait and see what happens. If she starts putting together some clean programs with better artistry and starts winning some major international competitions, fair enough. But to start saying that she will CRUSH (i.e. the title of this thread) the competition based upon what she has done to date (with programs that were not even clean and which highlight a lack of consistency - having to go for big jumps to make an impact as they are her only weapon, and not surprisingly failing on some of them as most of those who rely purely on jumping ability find) is well over the top.
    1) You seem awful obsessed with Gracie. Are all your 8 posts so far about her?
    2) I think it's pretty clear this thread was created by a troll, and the title was meant to piss people off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    1) You seem awful obsessed with Gracie. Are all your 8 posts so far about her?
    2) I think it's pretty clear this thread was created by a troll, and the title was meant to piss people off.
    Wrong. First post and reason for joining was poor Eurosport coverage. The rest on this thread due to be ensnared into this discussion. Obsessed about this thread? I guess the original poster succeeded in 'pissing' me off. I've nothing against Gold, only those who overhype her.

Team Voronov, party of 1
    vCash
    Based on their comments, it seems a fairly safe bet JudgeDred and Gracie4Gold are both the same crazy person fighting out their split personalities in this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I think if you polled the people who have posted in this thread, an overwhelming majority of them would likely disagree with the (trollish) title of this thread.
    Good point.

Let's put your theory to the test. See the Poll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    Based on their comments, it seems a fairly safe bet JudgeDred and Gracie4Gold are both the same crazy person fighting out their split personalities in this thread.
    Nah - Gracie4golds alter ego is ESTA. I am like the Sally Field character from Sybil and have multiple personalties. However, none of the others have joined FSU - yet.....

As you could come up with nothing constructive in support of your points, it usually means you've lost the argument

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Nah - Gracie4golds alta ego is ESTA. I am like the Sally Field character from Sybil and have multiple personalties. However, none of the others have joined FSU - yet.....
    Not that you know of...

vCash
    Read the post properly. I was not referring to you, but the title of the thread. As for the Russians being held up - their scores do that for them. As I said in an earlier post, Gold would not have made the podium had Russian and American nationals been one competition. She would have finished 4th, despite Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, and Korobeynikova not even competing. Had they been, Gold would have probably have had only the 7th highest score
    You can't compare scores from different competitions-not really. You don't know if the same judges in the same competition would have placed Gracie that far below.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    I think you've hit the nail right on the head. I had the same thought myself.

vCash

were waiting for Gracie4Gold's defences against JudgeDred
    where is she/he ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post

were waiting for Gracie4Gold's defences against JudgeDred
    where is she/he ?
    I figure, I'll let her bring the skate Gods down on the wonder babies and Jinx them!
    softball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    I figure, I'll let her bring the skate Gods down on the wonder babies and Jinx them!
    Pff...
    There are so many topics about Gracie right now!I'm happy with it

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie4Gold View Post
    Pff...
    There are so many topics about Gracie right now!I'm happy with it
    Oh yes - "PLONK"
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567