Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    She also has to win the fluff pieces! Is she cute and charming enough to make it?
    She can juggle apples. End of competition.

Gracie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    She can juggle apples. End of competition.

Gracie!
    But can she juggle flaming torches? Or porcupines?
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    Yes, clips exist on youtube of Gold doing 3-3-3 in practice:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWrN5LHG9A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrnyABvzdiM
    aww, a female baby van der Perren

but other than that, I think all of these girls are great jumpers, but most of them lack personality on ice. No wonder, they're just juniors. Whoever gets out of her shell and shows some character first, will win me as a fan.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Jammers;3469051]I think her coach made it a point this year to work on her jumps because without them you are not going anywhere as a figure skater in competition. QUOTE]

I know this is snarky, but what about Alissa? She's gone plenty far with poor jumping ability?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    But can she juggle flaming torches? Or porcupines?
    She can do it all. What's more impressive, she can do it while doing a 3axel on a harness!

Who do the Russians have that can compete with that?! A Marilyn Monroe wannabe?! Pfffft!

vCash
    [QUOTE=demetriosj;3469307]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I think her coach made it a point this year to work on her jumps because without them you are not going anywhere as a figure skater in competition. QUOTE]

I know this is snarky, but what about Alissa? She's gone plenty far with poor jumping ability?
    How many more competitions would Alissa have won over the years if she could landed her jumps?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    She can do it all. What's more impressive, she can do it while doing a 3axel on a harness!

Who do the Russians have that can compete with that?! A Marilyn Monroe wannabe?! Pfffft!
    Why so bitchy?

vCash
    Her US Nationals SP is on youtube.

The music is not wonderful, to say the least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pnRW...eature=related

vCash
    Right now, Gracie and the 3 Russians are probably the medal threats at JW's. She is the only Junior lady that can keep up with them.

Gracie might have a slight edge on Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, and Lipnitskaya on TES, but their gap over her in PCS will probably be the winning factor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Right now, Gracie and the 3 Russians are probably the medal threats at JW's. She is the only Junior lady that can keep up with them.

Gracie might have a slight edge on Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, and Lipnitskaya on TES, but their gap over her in PCS will probably be the winning factor
    Gracie probably has an edge over Sotnikova, but i can't see her having any edge over Liza or Julia. Liza has lot more transition coming out of jumps and i don't think Liza's jump are any way inferior to Gracie's, spins both will receive same levels. As for Julia, she more than makes up of her technical content with very GOEs on spins, which non of the three other girls can match.

vCash

Why should Gao be completely left off she does have a gorgeous 3flip/3toe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Gracie probably has an edge over Sotnikova, but i can't see her having any edge over Liza or Julia. Liza has lot more transition coming out of jumps and i don't think Liza's jump are any way inferior to Gracie's, spins both will receive same levels. As for Julia, she more than makes up of her technical content with very GOEs on spins, which non of the three other girls can match.
    To clarify more, I think that Gracie has an edge on the big elements, like the jumps, and on PCS elements like SS (speed) and possible PE (depending on what she puts out on the ice) but the Russian gals probably will bring better scores on non-jump TES like spins, and on PCS elements like CH AND IN.

I haven't paid attention to FW.

Perhaps the jumps are a wash between Liza and Gracie - Gracie's speed and explosiveness are evened out by Liza's transitions, and neither one of them is what I'd call a great artist on the ice. It might be close between the 2 of them ...

Gracie should get good GOE on her jumps vs. Julia's good GOE on spins. Julia might get higher PCS overall, which could be a deciding factor

vCash
    To clarify more, I think that Gracie has an edge on the big elements, like the jumps, and on PCS elements like SS (speed) and possible PE (depending on what she puts out on the ice) but the Russian gals probably will bring better scores on non-jump TES like spins, and on PCS elements like CH AND IN.

I haven't paid attention to FW.

Perhaps the jumps are a wash between Liza and Gracie - Gracie's speed and explosiveness are evened out by Liza's transitions, and neither one of them is what I'd call a great artist on the ice. It might be close between the 2 of them ...

Gracie should get good GOE on her jumps vs. Julia's good GOE on spins. Julia might get higher PCS overall, which could be a deciding factor

Gracie has an edge on speed over Adelina? I don't know Adelina has been pretty praised for having incredible skating skills for her age. I think one would have to see them live. But speed and power is NOT a weakness Sotnikova has. Adelina's short program is jam packed with difficulty in the inbetweens as well. And while she flutzs Sotnikova's jumps are huge.

Julia as well has good speed/flow over the ice from those who have seen her live.

One could mention to Julia has yet to make a major mistake this year; something that can't be said for anyone else in the competition; including Gracie. As for P/E; I actually think that one of Gracie's weakeness IS Performance. I think all of the Russian girls are better performers; but all of them have also been in the spotlight longer. They should all get higher P/E especially Julia who has lovely lines/extension and is really a great performer. Tukt too is a good performer.

Frankly if Adelina went clean she really should win. I just think she's the least likely to go clean.
    Last edited by bek; 02-05-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I thought Angela Wang looked good enough to compete with the Russian JR ladies. She was (6th) in the LP at Nats after a bad SP(16th), (8th) over-all. She can do 3z/3t and 3F/3t. I was hoping she was 5th or 6th at SR Nats and made the JR Worlds team. Besides Gracie, I believe she is another US lady to keep an eye on.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie4Gold View Post
    She lacks artistry but her technique is SO good.That's all I have to say..And I said that SHE IS SIMILAR TO TUKT!I have nothing against "wonderbabies"...That's my opinion!
    Glad you realize this. I was quite underwhelmed by her nationals exhibition skate. Artistically speaking, i think Gracie makes Liza look like Janet Lynn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Why should Gao be completely left off she does have a gorgeous 3flip/3toe.
    Has Gao ever gone clean in a competition?

vCash
    I haven' t seen her do it in senior competition. I don't know if she's ever gone clean in junior comps.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Glad you realize this. I was quite underwhelmed by her nationals exhibition skate. Artistically speaking, i think Gracie makes Liza look like Janet Lynn.
    It's unfair to judge her on an exhibition skate. We don't know if she threw that program together in a day or two after learning she would be skating in the exhibition. Agnes' program wasn't an artistic masterpiece either but no one seems to be harping on her for that.

vCash
    Thread titles like this are a turn off for me. It's natural to be excited about a talented skater, but for the last several months Gracie has been put on such a pedestal that it's creating negative vibes. The girl has talent, no doubt, but she has not won anything on the senior circuit, and she has already been compared with Midori Ito, Tonya Harding, and supposed to 'crush' the Russians? On what basis? Just because she can jump? She appears coltish, when it comes to presentation, like other girls of her age. We don't know if she can handle pressure. I also feel it's a bit unfair to other talented young ladies who are being totally ignored. I had no idea how good Angela Wang is until I saw her at the most recent US nationals.

This is not limited to US ladies though. Since last year I have been hearing that Adelina or Liza would win the OGM in 2014. They have won more than Gracie at this point, but they too have a long way to go before becoming OGM contenders. A little moderation in assessing the young skaters may be a good thing to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    It's unfair to judge her on an exhibition skate. We don't know if she threw that program together in a day or two after learning she would be skating in the exhibition. Agnes' program wasn't an artistic masterpiece either but no one seems to be harping on her for that.
    Again, because Agnes has more artistic exposure and there's more to point to Agnes' success than Gracie's. Gracie's could still look like a fluke. I know she's not.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast