Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    (I'm kind of divided between the instinctive "don't feed the troll" reaction and my deep love of winding people up...

Not sure it's a troll though. I'm going for the "US version of Esta" theory.)

So here goes:

Gracie has good jumps but her technique is occasionally questionable. I think we should send her to Mishin, to make sure that 3A does happen. Tuktamsysheva does have one you know...
    Sotnikova and Korobeynikova are well ahead artistically at the moment, and artistic expression doesn't come out of the blue...

Also: You literally just joined to post this didn't you? Awwww.
    Touching the void.

vCash

vCash
    Obvious troll is obvious.

vCash
    She definitely has great potential. She has beautiful jumps! However, she is not a complete package skater yet, she needs to work on her artistry, refinement and on ice presence. I say lets not get over ourselves yet, she is a young skater, give her time to develop and mature. I fear that pushing her too early will have the same effect it had on other young promising skaters in the US.

Another thing is that she hasn't competed in any senior events yet and almost no international events, we will have to see how she will compete under pressure. Anyway, like the Russian ladies she has wonderful qualities as well as things to work on. Only time will tell. All these girls are young, we need to give them a chance to grow as skaters.

For those saying the Russian ladies should be afraid, I am not sure I agree. Gracie is definitely capable of competing with them, but if she wins she will definitely not ''crush'' them, it will be a close battle.

Sorry to dissapoint the ubers though... but I still prefer Lipnitskaya, Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova and Korobeynikova to Gold. Sorry just my personal taste I guess.
    Last edited by vmfan89; 02-04-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Tinami 2012
    vCash
    I think Gracie's great and the best U.S. lady at any level right now, but ice is slippery. If Gracie or one of the Russians has a freak fall in the short program, they'll be buried and will suddenly be fighting for any medal in such a deep field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie4Gold View Post
    Prove me wrong, give me a point at least why she'll be in obscure...
    ha, ha or is this her coach?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    ha, ha or is this her coach?!
    Her own personal Harold, methinks. (See Blades of Glory)
    Touching the void.

vCash
    Wow. I think I'm more excited for WJC than WC right now.

All four of them are really talented. It will be very exciting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    I think this US version of ESTA, we should embrace the person.

This post reeks of someone who is anti-Gracie Gold and is merely looking to piss off people and create backlash again her. Jealous competitor or competitor's mom perhaps?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    This post reeks of someone who is anti-Gracie Gold and is merely looking to piss off people and create backlash again her.
    That was my first thought as well.

vCash
    I am a big fan of Gracie's and think that she will do well at the WJC, however, I would agree that she needs work on her artistry. That may get in the way of her receiving top PCS marks for interpretation and performance. I guess we'll have to see how the international judges perceive those.

That being said, I would back off the hyperbole because it has a way of smacking you in the face on the way out. I would just take a more measured view of what could or may happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post

Jealous competitor or competitor's mom perhaps?
    hmm interesting. but probably this is an uber fan or a competitor that loss maybe ? but I still say Gracie is phenomenal

vCash
    She lacks artistry but her technique is SO good.That's all I have to say..And I said that SHE IS SIMILAR TO TUKT!I have nothing against "wonderbabies"...That's my opinion!

vCash
    I love Gracie's skating but wouldn't make a prediction like that. IMO, she is a legitimate medal contender, but this is only her second international competition and she probably won't get PCS scores as high as the Russian ladies who've had more international exposure.

I've heard that Tuktamisheva won't be going to JW. Who will be on the Russian ladies team besides Sotnikova?

vCash
    As a major Gracie FAN, I'm currently watching her EX from Nats and, save for a few great moments, it showed all of her weaknesses. So I'm trying my hardest to reserve judgement until she works on her problem spots and gets more experience.

Again, fan since she won novice pewter in 2010, but still. She needs to work on a lot of things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    I love Gracie's skating but wouldn't make a prediction like that. IMO, she is a legitimate medal contender, but this is only her second international competition and she probably won't get PCS scores as high as the Russian ladies who've had more international exposure.

I've heard that Tuktamisheva won't be going to JW. Who will be on the Russian ladies team besides Sotnikova?
    They have 3 spots, right? Lipnitskaya and Shelepen?

I KNEW Shelepen would be at JW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dred View Post
    Do you happen to think that Elvis is still alive and living in Alaska selling ice to the Eskimo's?
    No, he's alive and coaching in Mexico.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post

Russian Junior Championships will be tommorow
    If Tukt will really decline going to Worlds, It may be Polina Shelepen
    if she places second in the competition.

vCash
    Don't have a dog in the race but after all the online hype and all, I have to say I was underwhelmed with Gold's exhibition at Nationals. First time I've seen her at all. She does seem to have great use of the blade but her connection with the audience lacks a lot.

I'll wait and watch.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast