Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    The post you quoted is not mine. Did you delete pinky166's name and enter my name in her place?
    ... I quoted two posts, deleted the first one improperly because I realized I was behind the times. Will fix, with my apologies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Adam Rippon is going to 4CCs and he's in the Yuka/Jason camp. (?)
    Oh yeah. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    So Czisny politely declined Four Cs but Abbott flat out lied to get out of going? I'm not buying that.
    Lying is a strong word. I did not say he lied. My guess is that it's not so much an injury but an overworked hip that needs rest, like aliceanne said.

vCash
    Armin is pissed.

AlexShibutani Alex Shibutani
    More than a billion chicken wings & 11 million lbs of potato chips will be eaten tonight... And I won't be having any. #4CC
    @AlexShibutani Don't worry, I'll tribute my last wing and handful of potato chips to you. #No4CC

vCash
    ^^ I don't see how that can be interpreted as Armin's pissed at all.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukari Lepisto View Post
    ^^ I don't see how that can be interpreted as Armin's pissed at all.....
    The "No4CC" hashtag makes it look like he is to me, like he's deliberately pointing out that he's at home because he (unfairly) didn't get selected. It could just be an off-hand comment that doesn't mean anything, but based off the tweet he deleted about the 4CC alternate list being a joke, I think it was probably intentional.

vCash
    Don't know if he's pissed but he's clearly disappointed. (((Armin)))
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Then why use the word catty and bring up his comments on Lepisto to validate your point about what he said regarding the 4CC's alternates list?

Go back and read post #34, and you'll see what I was talking about.

Moving on to another subject.....

Are those of you who think that Dornbush should not have been an alternate for Four Continents the same people who said that the USFSA should spread the wealth and not send its top skaters to both Worlds and Four Continents?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Don't know if he's pissed but he's clearly disappointed. (((Armin)))
    I would be too, after placing 4th and just missing the world team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post

Are those of you who think that Dornbush should not have been an alternate for Four Continents the same people who said that the USFSA should spread the wealth and not send its top skaters to both Worlds and Four Continents?
    The issue is not about the USFS spreading the wealth. It is how they decided to do it that bothers people.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I've never said USFS should spread the wealth.

Now, I don't have a problem with them doing that IF they make it clear that's what 4CCs are for and they have a clear and consistent methodology for spreading the wealth.

But even if they were spreading the wealth, that would mean assigning 4CCs to a mixture of World team members and then the people who finished just off the podium. IOW, if they decided to spread the wealth with 4CCs, then do what they did last year and send the 3-5 place finishers. Or Bronze and Pewter and Ricky. But leaving Armin off the 4CCs team in place of Ricky is just wrong IMO and it can't be justified by any sort of "spread the wealth" scenario.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    I could see overlooking the 13th place Nats finish if Ricky had had a fabulous season, medaled at internationals, etc. But there's nothing exceptional about his results. Respectable, yes, exceptional, no.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate
    Then why use the word catty and bring up his comments on Lepisto to validate your point about what he said regarding the 4CC's alternates list?

Go back and read post #34, and you'll see what I was talking about.
    Post #33 by sadc:
    The link used to be in reply to someone asking him to tell them a joke. His reply was "the Four Continents alternate list."

Post #34 by Vagabond: He obviously hasn't learned his lesson from the time he made catty remarks about Laura Lepistö. Dude needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and his fingers still.

Nope, still don't see what you were talking about. Even though Laura Lapisto can't jump, I agree Armin shouldn't said anything about it, if he did. I've never seen it so I don't know.

But that situation has nothing to do with this one. If USFSA had sent Ross Miner then I'm sure Armin wouldn't have said anything. Anyone below him was going to be a slap in the face. This is his life & his career. I think it's worth a little grumbling about. But it was far from catty. Maybe the dude who needs to keep his mouth shut & his fingers still is.....someone else.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I could see overlooking the 13th place Nats finish if Ricky had had a fabulous season, medaled at internationals, etc. But there's nothing exceptional about his results. Respectable, yes, exceptional, no.
    That is how I look at it.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Just catching up...oh, no!!! Jeremy will be missed.

As for Ricky being the replacement, I find it a tad humorous that, in their press memo, USFSA gives the following bio:

Dornbush ....most recently competed at the 2012 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships.

Sweet & simple - no mention of placement. Details not needed.

Yeah-yeah...before the Bean Counters holler at me, I know 'The Rules' and selection criteria. That's not the point. What matters is now and it looks ridiculous. That said, I wish him well. I hope that he has his best competition this season.

p.s. Whoever wrote above that he had "two fantastic GP placements" this season is snorting something.
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 02-06-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Post #33 by sadc:
    The link used to be in reply to someone asking him to tell them a joke. His reply was "the Four Continents alternate list."

Post #34 by Vagabond: He obviously hasn't learned his lesson from the time he made catty remarks about Laura Lepistö. Dude needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and his fingers still.

Nope, still don't see what you were talking about. Even though Laura Lapisto can't jump, I agree Armin shouldn't said anything about it, if he did. I've never seen it so I don't know.

But that situation has nothing to do with this one. If USFSA had sent Ross Miner then I'm sure Armin wouldn't have said anything. Anyone below him was going to be a slap in the face. This is his life & his career. I think it's worth a little grumbling about. But it was far from catty. Maybe the dude who needs to keep his mouth shut & his fingers still is.....someone else.
    I don't think anyone seems to notice that the word "catty" was used in connection with his comments regarding Laura Lepisto, NOT 4CC. And yes, the comments about Lepisto were catty. So I don't get why people keep trying to say that anyone called him "catty" for what he said about 4CC. Just that he may still need to learn not to be such a loose cannon.

vCash
    I won't pretend to understand USFSA selection criteria. The only thing I can think of is that Richard was top U.S. man at Worlds last year. That must have some relevance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    I don't think anyone seems to notice that the word "catty" was used in connection with his comments regarding Laura Lepisto, NOT 4CC. And yes, the comments about Lepisto were catty. So I don't get why people keep trying to say that anyone called him "catty" for what he said about 4CC. Just that he may still need to learn not to be such a loose cannon.
    victoriaheidi, I think I lurve you.

vCash
    victoriaheidi, I think I lurve you.
    Just because neither of you can read for understanding doesn't mean you didn't call him catty re his 4CC tweet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Just because neither of you can read for understanding doesn't mean you didn't call him catty re his 4CC tweet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Armin is pissed.
    Sounds like he's enjoying his consolation prize, though... I bet post-season wings and chips taste great! ;-)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast