Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Where did you hear SLIGHT? The release says right hip injury.
    On Jeremy's FB, a WM wrote "don't worry. Jeremy it's getting evaluated and treated so he'll be good to go in Nice", so I assumed it's not a serious injury. I guess I shouldn't have said "a minor hip injury" since we don't know yet. Sorry if I caused a confusion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Had Dornbush finished just a few spots behind Armin, I could have understood giving him (Rick) the 4CC spot, but with such a poor showing at nationals, I think the 4th place finisher should have been given the spot. The most recent nationals results need to count a lot more than they did in this case. Now if RD skates like he did at Nationals (hopefully not), the USFSA is going to look even worse. May be they will do what they in the Oscars. Next year, send Armin after he finishes 10 spots behind Dornbush who places 4th at the nationals.
    Seems a poor choice to me as well. If the decision is based on his placement at Nationals and Worlds last year, it's a poor rationale IMO.

vCash
    That link no longer leads anywhere.

Does Armin think this is a Piss Off? This is critical information. Someone should ask.

vCash
    The link used to be in reply to someone asking him to tell them a joke. His reply was "the Four Continents alternate list."
    Last edited by sadc; 02-04-2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: removed assumption not grounded in fact

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Take good care of that hip, Jeremy!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Given what happened last year for the World Team, I would guess the USFS is getting more conservative into who they choose to send to Championships. Remember the uproar against the USFS last year for strictly going by Nationals placements and ditching Abbott for Miner?

Objectively: Armin at 4CCs last year received over 20 points less than what Richard got at Worlds last year (only US men in top ten and saving US' second spot). This season, Armin placed 8th and 10th against Richard's 4th and 6th in the GPs. Armin's 2011-12 season's best score is 20 points lower than Richard's. Richard beat Armin at the free at Nationals. So the only one time where Richard truly tanked was Nationals sp. If I were USFS, I would give Richard a chance too. If not for the result potential, then at least for the mere fact that Richard's placement at Nationals may not be good enough to secure him international assignments for next season.

I am frankly LOL-ing that no one said a word about this when the list was announced, but now everyone is jumping all over the place when it really happens. I would only expect this kind of reaction when one of the ladies pull out and Flatt gets sent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

I am frankly LOL-ing that no one said a word about this when the list was announced, but now everyone is jumping all over the place when it really happens. I would only expect this kind of reaction when one of the ladies pull out and Flatt gets sent.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=82336&page=2

This was discussed by plenty of people in the US assignment thread in the US Nationals sub forum on this board. Many had a problem with it then and they still have a problem with it now.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Mahbanoozadeh went to 4C's last year with Rippon and Abbott after placing 6th at US Nationals, and the top three were skipped and not given the opportunity to earn $$$ and likely higher WS points. If anyone should feel wuzrobbed, it would be Razzano.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I don't understand why anyone could say "Ricky did well on the Grand Prix" ????
    This bothered me so much I looked up his record because I don't remember him even competing. In China he was last in the short and 5th in the free finishing 6th overall with a 205. At Skate America he was 5th in the short and 6th in the long finishing 4th overall with a 202. Doug Razzano beat Ricky in the freeskate at Skate America and in both the short and the free at US Nationals and finished 8 spots ahead of him.

vCash
    This Detroit Free Press article mentions "back spasms that have also affected his right hip": Jeremy Abbott withdraws from Four Continents Championship due to back spasms

vCash
    (Whole Post)

Well put, Marco.

The other part is that Ross, Armin and Doug are the alternates for Worlds, so there is some sharing.

vCash
    I read the Detroit Free Press Article. According to Yuka, it sounds like the back spasms which are affecting his hip were brought on by fatigue. It doesn't sound serious by any means *whew*

They are withdrawing from 4CC's to play it safe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I read the Detroit Free Press Article. According to Yuka, it sounds like the back spasms which are affecting his hip were brought on by fatigue. It doesn't sound serious by any means *whew*

They are withdrawing from 4CC's to play it safe.
    I hope this is right but that's exactly what you would expect a coach to say at this stage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sadc View Post
    The link used to be in reply to someone asking him to tell them a joke. His reply was "the Four Continents alternate list."
    He obviously hasn't learned his lesson from the time he made catty remarks about Laura Lepistö. Dude needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and his fingers still.

Tinami 2012
    vCash
    Politiks at its finest. I suspect this carefully engineered "campaign" began as soon as Dornbush got off the ice in the short program.

I think it is almost always wrong to give a skater who finished lower at Nationals a Worlds/4CC/Jr Worlds spot over a skater who receives no assignment.

And "first alternate" my ass. They knew Dornbush would be going when they named the teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    He obviously hasn't learned his lesson from the time he made catty remarks about Laura Lepistö. Dude needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and his fingers still.
    Probably true, but I'll always think if unfortunate that an athlete can't speak the truth because of the politiks. It would be reasonable to think that Armin would be annoyed since the Alternate list was "atypical", and that is not meant as anything against Dornbush.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    That link no longer leads anywhere.

Does Armin think this is a Piss Off? This is critical information. Someone should ask.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sadc View Post

Good for him. This is ridiculous.

Dornbush better skate his ass off at this competition. He was given a huge gift.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sk8 View Post
    Probably true, but I'll always think if unfortunate that an athlete can't speak the truth because of the politiks. It would be reasonable to think that Armin would be annoyed since the Alternate list was "atypical", and that is not meant as anything against Dornbush.
    It isn't a matter of "politiks" so much as sportsmanship and maturity. And it isn't a question of what feelings he has but rather whether and how he chooses to express them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Given what happened last year for the World Team, I would guess the USFS is getting more conservative into who they choose to send to Championships. Remember the uproar against the USFS last year for strictly going by Nationals placements and ditching Abbott for Miner?

Objectively: Armin at 4CCs last year received over 20 points less than what Richard got at Worlds last year (only US men in top ten and saving US' second spot). This season, Armin placed 8th and 10th against Richard's 4th and 6th in the GPs. Armin's 2011-12 season's best score is 20 points lower than Richard's. Richard beat Armin at the free at Nationals. So the only one time where Richard truly tanked was Nationals sp. If I were USFS, I would give Richard a chance too. If not for the result potential, then at least for the mere fact that Richard's placement at Nationals may not be good enough to secure him international assignments for next season.

That's 100% untrue. I, and many others, were griping about this exact thing when the lists came out.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast