Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Are you being sarcastic due to the US-centric post?
    Yes and no. Sarcastic (actually, probably more bitchy than sarcastic) due to the lazyness of people who can't use full names. Jeremy Ten has been battling injuries for years and finally made a great comeback at Canadians. To see a new thread stating that Jeremy has injured his hip gave me mild pains in the chest. Colour me displeased by the original poster's lazyness.

P.S. I'm the person who will google for spelling instead of typing "T & V" for example (Maxim Trankov and Tatiana Volosozhar) so non-obsessed posters know who I am talking about.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    In a fair world, Armin would be the one going to 4CC as alternate.

(get well soon, rest up JBott, the US needs you)

On the other hand, Dornbush now has to prove he was worth sending. The pressure's on him.

Personally, I hope J10 beats Dornbush. (unlikely I know)

vCash
    edited to add Jeremy Ten and Jeremy Abbott so I can stay on Peter G's good side!

vCash
    I HATE the endless D/C, V/T, X/Z, whatever! Is it honestly that hard? I mean, I get it with names like Lynn Kriengkrairut and Logan Giulietti-Schmitt, but is it necessary all the time? Especially when talking about teams of old it gets awfully confusing. When I first started reading FSU I never knew who people were talking about because it was all initials. I still get confused by it sometimes.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Given what happened last year for the World Team, I would guess the USFS is getting more conservative into who they choose to send to Championships.
    Except they haven't done this for any other spot except maybe Rachael being 1st alternate for 4CCs but in this case she came in 6th so she only jumped up 3 places in the list and she is a former National Champion and has a much better international record than Dornbush.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Awful news! I really wanted to see Jeremy Ten at 4CC after he did so well in his return to Canadian Nationals. Who is Ricky by the way? Sounds Hispanic?
    This is exactly what I thought ... but I saw Jeremy at 8 rinks last week ... oh wait, they're talking about Jeremy Abbott.

Just like using the name Ten (which could mean Jeremy or Denis) is confusing, it would be great if people would put last names in as well - how hard is it to type Jeremy Abbott not doing 4CC's?
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shuilee View Post
    I don't think Gambill is a master politik at all. I think it's more USFS wanting to promote Dornbush because his skating style is more similar to Ryan Bradley, Michael Weiss, etc (and it's no secret historically USFS prefers to promote those type of skaters..... )

But objectively, I still think Dornbush deserves that 4cc spot simply because the rules state that it's based on last year and this year's performances.
    If assignments are based on the years performance why did not Jeremy Abbott (hehe Peter) go to WC last year. It was the smarter choice. If picking Ricky D over Armin M is based on "Smart" choice.

Who is USFSA? Isn't it the headquarters in Colorado where Armin M trains? Why would they not support a hometown altitude ready athlete? Don't get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjames View Post
    Who is USFSA? Isn't it the headquarters in Colorado where Armin M trains? Why would they not support a hometown altitude ready athlete? Don't get it.
    Colorado Springs is the location of USFS' paid headquarters staff.

USFS' International Committee decides the international assignments, and they are unpaid volunteers -- officials/judges, coaches, and athletes are all represented on the IC. Link to the IC info page on the USFS site: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?type=leadership&id=846
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-04-2012 at 11:21 PM.

vCash
    If this was in fact politiks at work, for me, the question would be why would the USFSA go out of their way to ensure Dornbush gets to a championship this year?

We've had former National medalists fall off the face of the earth in following seasons before, so what is this guy doing that gives him that type of clout with the USFSA?

Honest question, I haven't been following his career at all.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Colour me displeased by the original poster's lazyness.

P.S. I'm the person who will google for spelling instead of typing "T & V" for example (Maxim Trankov and Tatiana Volosozhar) so non-obsessed posters know who I am talking about.
    My oh my! Did someone defecate in your wheaties this morning or are you always this petty? It's the Internet honey...full of abbreviations, bad spelling and atrocious grammar. If you don't like the "lazyness" (it's spelled laziness by the way) then hit the ignore option. Some would argue that you also spelled color wrong, you are using the British variant but you could be British.

Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Well one could argue that Armin got Richard's earned 4 Continents spot last year. You didn't see them not giving the world medalists four continents-this year did you. And Ricky and Miner maybe could have used that experience.

Although I understand the angst given how poor Dornbush's nationals was.
    Some people would argue that Richard Dornbush took Jeremy Abbott's Worlds spot last year but that's another story. I like Richard Dornbush but feel that his low finish at Nationals and not so stellar Grand Prix should have opened the door for Armin Mahbanoozadeh and Douglas Razzano should have been next in line...but that's just me.

Did I get everyone's full name right? Did I spell them correctly?

vCash
    PeterG, I'm sorry some people don't get you, my dear poodle.

vCash
    Dornbush had a dismal SP, but his FS was 5th, ahead of Armin's. It isn't as if Ricky's entire Nationals was a disaster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by figurefan View Post
    Some would argue that you also spelled color wrong, you are using the British variant but you could be British.
    Thanks for the laugh.

vCash
    Some people would argue that Richard Dornbush took Jeremy Abbott's Worlds spot last year but that's another story.
    Some people would be on crack. Ross Miner might have taken Jeremy's spot, but not Dornbush.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Some would argue that you also spelled color wrong, you are using the British variant but you could be British.

Only an American would suggest that colour is spelt wrong. You should get out more

Yes, ok I admit I too sometimes get sick of the mostly americentric bias of the board. Sigh. But to have someone suggest colour is spelt wrong is a bit much.
    Last edited by alilou; 02-05-2012 at 05:17 AM.
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjames View Post
    If assignments are based on the years performance why did not Jeremy Abbott (hehe Peter) go to WC last year. It was the smarter choice. If picking Ricky D over Armin M is based on "Smart" choice.
    Because USFSA does not treat worlds assignments the same way they treat 4CC assignments. As I've said in other threads, USFSA tends to consider Worlds spots to be earned by the skaters who finish on top at nationals while it tends to use 4CC spots for who will sell tickets (if the competition is in the US) and who they think needs the assignments for developmental/SB/preparedness for worlds reasons. It's silly to act like the assignments for the two competitions are done with the same logic because they obviously are not.

vCash
    My oh my! Did someone defecate in your wheaties this morning or are you always this petty? It's the Internet honey...full of abbreviations, bad spelling and atrocious grammar. If you don't like the "lazyness" (it's spelled laziness by the way) then hit the ignore option. Some would argue that you also spelled color wrong, you are using the British variant but you could be British.
    Your sarcasm is not endearing. And Peter G is not your honey...he's mine. It's not being petty to ask people to be clear in their posts. Unless they like having people misunderstand them.

Title-less
    vCash
    I think Peter G meant to have the title of the thread clearer about the skater concerned...it is not practical to have Jeremy Abbott's full name spelled out in every post. (Imagine me having to spell Armin's last name in every post...)

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    nm
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    In a fair world, Armin would be the one going to 4CC as alternate.

(get well soon, rest up JBott, the US needs you)

On the other hand, Dornbush now has to prove he was worth sending. The pressure's on him.
    ITA! G-d have mercy on Dornbush, if he does badly, because the USFS won't.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast