Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Denney/Coughlin appreciation thread

I happen to love this team, and I'm hoping there are others who agree with me.

I love their height difference, and the fact that their skating styles match each other (among other things).

vCash
    I hope this thread stays positive

Anyway, they have PCS issues that need some fixing, but I'm happy for them and they should be happy with such success in such a little amount of time. I'd like to see them explore music that fits their character in the future. Also, it would be nice for Caydee to really focus on toe-point, extension and flexibility.

Other than that, they've got all the big tricks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I hope this thread stays positive
    That's what I'm hoping - which is why I wrote "appreciation thread" instead of just Denney/Coughlin. Having a positive thread would be great.

vCash
    What I personally like about them are their difficult elements and the way they connect with each other on the ice. You just get a sense that they really enjoy skating with each other.

vCash

Thumbs up

I like them, too!! I've liked them since the got together, and I really wanted them to win at Nats. I'm so glad that they did.Their skating is exciting, strong and energetic!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Banned Member
    vCash
    This is an in your face thread. Let's not try to change the way people feel about this team.

vCash
    How is it an "in your face" thread? GMAB.

I don't think they are that bad. At least they are motivated and landing their jumps. I admit to not being that sophisticated about knowing the difference between good and bad lift positions.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winterone View Post
    This is an in your face thread. Let's not try to change the way people feel about this team.
    I'm not. I just wanted a place for people who do love them (like me) to talk about them, without feeling threatened. I'm not trying to change the way anybody feels about them.
    Last edited by Sit_spin; 02-04-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winterone View Post
    This is a cheer thread. Let's not try to tell people what they can and cannot post, eh?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    I love watching this team. I find them exciting and look forward to seeing them live at 4CC. I would love to see them on the podium. I don't really care about all their faults. They're just fun to watch.

Tinami 2012
    vCash
    Lots to appreciate about this team.

1. They attack and usually land their elements
    2. They are capable of clean programs (a rarity in U.S. pairs)
    3. They have a great triple twist
    4. They skate confidently
    5. They project to the audience

vCash
    Caydee and John did so well at Nationals! They are a breath of fresh air for US Pairs.

vCash
    I like them a lot together, they have great energy and connection, and I greatly appreciate the way John tries to mentor younger up and coming pairs. May all good things come to Caydee and John!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sit_spin View Post
    I just wanted a place for people who do love them (like me) to talk about them, without feeling threatened. I'm not trying to change the way anybody feels about them.
    Thank you for starting this thread.

I appreciate all the hard work that Caydee and John have put in since they teamed up. Their best free skate of the season so far was at Nationals, and that's always to see!

vCash
    I loved them in today's broadcast! They have so much energy, and I see great things in their future. I loved the "Tebowing" she and Haven did (yes, I am also a Tim Tebow fan).

On a different note, I love how affectionate John is with Caydee. They're so cute together.

vCash
    I prefer E/L so much more, but Caydee and John hit it when it counted, so good for them. It was a much deserved win!

vCash
    I'm glad you started this thread. Go Caydee and John. I can't wait to see these two take their first international medal (I think 4cc's is a great opportunity for them).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reroemer View Post
    I can't wait to see these two take their first international medal
    They won a bronze in their international debut at 2011 Nebelhorn Trophy.

Four Continents should be a good test for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Four Continents should be a good test for them.
    I think so. I'm hoping that they have two clean programs.

vCash
    I definitely appreciate Caydee's revamped triple twist technique. It's really an outstanding twist. They have a great catch, and John's on one foot, which not enough teams do. While they need more intricacy in future programs and should try to find lift positions that suit her better (more flexibility would obviously help, but I don't think she's as inflexible as she's coming across), there's a new maturity in Caydee's overall presentation on the ice. There's more sophistication, and now they just need to tone down the makeup, etc., to match that. They will never look like ballerinas out there, but they aren't the only ones. They could still soften her arms/hands a bit-- that is something that is somewhat fixable-- but I'm pretty impressed at how well these two connect with each other. Things really did come together quickly for them, and they are better than I figured they would be. The fact that they don't just love skating, but appear to love skating with each other is appealing to me. The Four Continents field is pretty thin this year, so solid programs would put them in great shape.
    Last edited by stjeaskategym; 02-06-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast