Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 116
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,411
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yikes---I agree with the post below the video mentioning that she doesn't look so very different than the image in the video.

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Romney 2012!!
    Posts
    1,213
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Um... why does she breast-feed a doll through her bra? Not once, but twice? Why the violence of a drive-by shooting with football players getting shot up with a tommy-gun or the end when one of the girls in a creepy anime mask takes a baseball bat and *beheads* one of the football players? And then, fireworks -- instead of blood I guess -- shoot out of the body? It's just odd. And disturbing.

    -Bridget

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    in the centre
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,556
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2426
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    It's been scientifically proven that any song featuring Nicki Minaj is absolutely brilliant.

    You can't argue with science.
    this proves her brilliance

    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    And I felt embarrassed for MIA, her own material is 10X times better than this sh*t.
    agree!

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,464
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    It's been scientifically proven that any song featuring Nicki Minaj is absolutely brilliant.

    You can't argue with science.
    You're not serious, are you?

    Nicki Minaj isn't exactly collaboration shy.

    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    Cher with "Believe" (who, much as I love her, really started the whole insanity of "style" in production that is autotuning from what I can tell)?
    She used it to create interesting effects, not to cover up the fact she can't sing.

    Oh and I forgot to add it in the last post but I think that "4 Minutes" was the best song on "Hard Candy."

    Sick beat, fantastic horn arrangements... and I mean come on. When was the last time you heard horn arrangements in a mainstream pop song. Never?

    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    MIA looks completely bored
    She must have been. And her part isn't exactly very big.

    The crux of it was the "finger gun shooting," an obvious reference to the "Paper Planes" controversy.

    Quote Originally Posted by John 3 17 View Post
    Um... why does she breast-feed a doll through her bra? Not once, but twice? Why the violence of a drive-by shooting with football players getting shot up with a tommy-gun or the end when one of the girls in a creepy anime mask takes a baseball bat and *beheads* one of the football players? And then, fireworks -- instead of blood I guess -- shoot out of the body? It's just odd. And disturbing.

    -Bridget
    Doesn't take much to disturb you.

    I'm very happy with seeing a video where MEN are used as sexual objects, for once.

  5. #45
    Saint Smugpawski
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    Posts
    11,728
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33860
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    When was the last time you heard horn arrangements in a mainstream pop song. Never?
    Blondie

    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,825
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    37756
    I also think people are taking it way too seriously. She obviously wrote this for the Superbowl with the cheerleader chants and glib lyrics. You know, people say there aren't any boundaries left for Madonna to explore and shove up people's faces but maybe there is. People have an idea what a "veteran" and "old" artist should do. I guess a lot if people thought Madonna would have or should have retired into retired musician obscurity only to come out with a "reunion" tour or multi-year Vegas engagement singing her established hits. She's not going to do that for a while I think. Now that I said that, I'm not negating those who think the song is crap or beneath her standards. This song isn't classic nor will it be remembered as one of the better songs in her catalogue but I don't believe it's the monstrosity some here are saying because I think it's just a filler song.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,464
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Good find!

    But I should be excused not knowing that, I wasn't even born then.

    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    People have an idea what a "veteran" and "old" artist should do.
    And she thought "screw you" and released a song and video more fitting for a 20-year old débutante.

    "I'M NOT OLD!!!"

  8. #48
    Saint Smugpawski
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    Posts
    11,728
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33860
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    But I should be excused not knowing that, I wasn't even born then.
    That's when New York was New York, sonny. A hooker on every corner and a hot dog in every pot.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,825
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    37756
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Good find!

    But I should be excused not knowing that, I wasn't even born then.



    And she thought "screw you" and released a song and video more fitting for a 20-year old débutante.

    "I'M NOT OLD!!!"
    And there's the age debate about what's appropriate behavior for our elders.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,464
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Interesting how Madonna seems to think that being that old, she needs to collaborate with young, hip artists to stay on top.

    Justin Timberlake for the last album launch and Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. now.

    On a different note, my flatmate is trying to persuade me to sign up to a wacking course (I'd like to but I'm such a crap dancer ) and "Give Me All Your Luvin'" would be PERFECT for a wacking routine.

    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    And there's the age debate about what's appropriate behavior for our elders.
    It's a sign of arrested development.

  11. #51
    Saint Smugpawski
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    Posts
    11,728
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33860
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    And there's the age debate about what's appropriate behavior for our elders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It's a sign of arrested development.
    Yeah! Next thing you know we're going to be overrun by old farts showing off in ice rinks and shaking their salchows in ridiculous age inappropriate sequins!

    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,464
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    But the most ridiculous and desperate "I'm gonna be young and hip!" thing about the single is the title.

    At least Give Me is not spelled as Gimme as previously rumoured but "Luvin'"? Honestly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Yeah! Next thing you know we're going to be overrun by old farts showing off in ice rinks and shaking their salchows in ridiculous age inappropriate sequins!

    And knitting!

  13. #53
    Kostner Softie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,534
    vCash
    1017077
    Rep Power
    1319
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Nicki Minaj isn't exactly collaboration shy.
    Thank God for that

    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    this proves her brilliance
    What did I tell ya?! SCIENCE!!

    First time I saw this video I thought: Beilman!!! yeah...

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,464
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Oh dear.

    Mr-Fan that is very alarming indeed and I am very concerned about your well-being now.

  15. #55
    Kostner Softie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,534
    vCash
    1017077
    Rep Power
    1319
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Oh dear.

    Mr-Fan that is very alarming indeed and I am very concerned about your well-being now.
    If it weren't for Nicki, I would've never learned the names of Santa's 8 reindeer

  16. #56

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    7,595
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1913
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    And I felt embarrassed for MIA, her own material is 10X times better than this sh*t.
    As for Nicki Minaj...meh.
    Love Nicki Minaj! Even if I don't like her collaborations, I always love her part in the songs she works on.

    Meanwhile, M.I.A.'s new song + video is

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYs0gJD-LE

  17. #57

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    7,595
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1913
    oops...
    Last edited by Mayra; 02-04-2012 at 08:10 PM.

  18. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the other FSU
    Posts
    3,687
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Sick beat, fantastic horn arrangements... and I mean come on. When was the last time you heard horn arrangements in a mainstream pop song. Never?
    The members of No Doubt would like to have a word with you. (As would INXS and Duran Duran, but that's going back a ways.) I love a good brass section.

    As for Madonna's song....yeah, I guess its a good chant-along song for the SuperBowl....but I kind of expected more from her. That's the trouble with delivering so much excellent music over the years....expectations are higher.

  19. #59

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,279
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    30411
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Interesting how Madonna seems to think that being that old, she needs to collaborate with young, hip artists to stay on top.
    Justin Timberlake for the last album launch and Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. now.
    So did she collaborate with William Orbit, Jellybean, Patrick Leonard, Stephen Bray, Joe Henry, etc. because she was "old" and needed to collaborate with "young, hip artists"?


    Come on. She has been collaborating with other musicians and producers since the start of her career. This is nothing new for her, and she's not starting it now because she "needs" to.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

  20. #60
    Saint Smugpawski
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    Posts
    11,728
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33860
    Did someone say "more horns"?
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •