Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yikes---I agree with the post below the video mentioning that she doesn't look so very different than the image in the video.

vCash
    Um... why does she breast-feed a doll through her bra? Not once, but twice? Why the violence of a drive-by shooting with football players getting shot up with a tommy-gun or the end when one of the girls in a creepy anime mask takes a baseball bat and *beheads* one of the football players? And then, fireworks -- instead of blood I guess -- shoot out of the body? It's just odd. And disturbing.

-Bridget

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    It's been scientifically proven that any song featuring Nicki Minaj is absolutely brilliant.

You can't argue with science.
    this proves her brilliance

Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    And I felt embarrassed for MIA, her own material is 10X times better than this sh*t.
    agree!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    It's been scientifically proven that any song featuring Nicki Minaj is absolutely brilliant.

You can't argue with science.
    You're not serious, are you?

Nicki Minaj isn't exactly collaboration shy.

Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    Cher with "Believe" (who, much as I love her, really started the whole insanity of "style" in production that is autotuning from what I can tell)?
    She used it to create interesting effects, not to cover up the fact she can't sing.

Oh and I forgot to add it in the last post but I think that "4 Minutes" was the best song on "Hard Candy."

Sick beat, fantastic horn arrangements... and I mean come on. When was the last time you heard horn arrangements in a mainstream pop song. Never?

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    MIA looks completely bored
    She must have been. And her part isn't exactly very big.

The crux of it was the "finger gun shooting," an obvious reference to the "Paper Planes" controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by John 3 17 View Post
    Um... why does she breast-feed a doll through her bra? Not once, but twice? Why the violence of a drive-by shooting with football players getting shot up with a tommy-gun or the end when one of the girls in a creepy anime mask takes a baseball bat and *beheads* one of the football players? And then, fireworks -- instead of blood I guess -- shoot out of the body? It's just odd. And disturbing.

-Bridget
    Doesn't take much to disturb you.

I'm very happy with seeing a video where MEN are used as sexual objects, for once.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    When was the last time you heard horn arrangements in a mainstream pop song. Never?
    Blondie

The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    I also think people are taking it way too seriously. She obviously wrote this for the Superbowl with the cheerleader chants and glib lyrics. You know, people say there aren't any boundaries left for Madonna to explore and shove up people's faces but maybe there is. People have an idea what a "veteran" and "old" artist should do. I guess a lot if people thought Madonna would have or should have retired into retired musician obscurity only to come out with a "reunion" tour or multi-year Vegas engagement singing her established hits. She's not going to do that for a while I think. Now that I said that, I'm not negating those who think the song is crap or beneath her standards. This song isn't classic nor will it be remembered as one of the better songs in her catalogue but I don't believe it's the monstrosity some here are saying because I think it's just a filler song.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Good find!

But I should be excused not knowing that, I wasn't even born then.

Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    People have an idea what a "veteran" and "old" artist should do.
    And she thought "screw you" and released a song and video more fitting for a 20-year old débutante.

"I'M NOT OLD!!!"

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    That's when New York was New York, sonny. A hooker on every corner and a hot dog in every pot.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Good find!

And she thought "screw you" and released a song and video more fitting for a 20-year old débutante.

"I'M NOT OLD!!!"
    And there's the age debate about what's appropriate behavior for our elders.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Interesting how Madonna seems to think that being that old, she needs to collaborate with young, hip artists to stay on top.

Justin Timberlake for the last album launch and Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. now.

On a different note, my flatmate is trying to persuade me to sign up to a wacking course (I'd like to but I'm such a crap dancer ) and "Give Me All Your Luvin'" would be PERFECT for a wacking routine.

It's a sign of arrested development.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    It's a sign of arrested development.
    Yeah! Next thing you know we're going to be overrun by old farts showing off in ice rinks and shaking their salchows in ridiculous age inappropriate sequins!

vCash
    But the most ridiculous and desperate "I'm gonna be young and hip!" thing about the single is the title.

At least Give Me is not spelled as Gimme as previously rumoured but "Luvin'"? Honestly?

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Yeah! Next thing you know we're going to be overrun by old farts showing off in ice rinks and shaking their salchows in ridiculous age inappropriate sequins!

And knitting!

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Nicki Minaj isn't exactly collaboration shy.
    Thank God for that

Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    this proves her brilliance
    What did I tell ya?! SCIENCE!!

First time I saw this video I thought: Beilman!!! yeah...

vCash
    Oh dear.

Mr-Fan that is very alarming indeed and I am very concerned about your well-being now.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Oh dear.

Mr-Fan that is very alarming indeed and I am very concerned about your well-being now.
    If it weren't for Nicki, I would've never learned the names of Santa's 8 reindeer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    And I felt embarrassed for MIA, her own material is 10X times better than this sh*t.
    As for Nicki Minaj...meh.
    Love Nicki Minaj! Even if I don't like her collaborations, I always love her part in the songs she works on.

Meanwhile, M.I.A.'s new song + video is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYs0gJD-LE

vCash
    oops...
    Last edited by Mayra; 02-04-2012 at 08:10 PM.

vCash
    Sick beat, fantastic horn arrangements... and I mean come on. When was the last time you heard horn arrangements in a mainstream pop song. Never?
    The members of No Doubt would like to have a word with you. (As would INXS and Duran Duran, but that's going back a ways.) I love a good brass section.

As for Madonna's song....yeah, I guess its a good chant-along song for the SuperBowl....but I kind of expected more from her. That's the trouble with delivering so much excellent music over the years....expectations are higher.

vCash
    Interesting how Madonna seems to think that being that old, she needs to collaborate with young, hip artists to stay on top.
    Justin Timberlake for the last album launch and Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. now.
    So did she collaborate with William Orbit, Jellybean, Patrick Leonard, Stephen Bray, Joe Henry, etc. because she was "old" and needed to collaborate with "young, hip artists"?

Come on. She has been collaborating with other musicians and producers since the start of her career. This is nothing new for her, and she's not starting it now because she "needs" to.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Did someone say "more horns"?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast