Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I looked at the album's playlist on itune. It has a song called "Girls Gone Wild" and another one called "Gang Bang"

vCash
    Well, singing "girl" about herself given her age is kind of ridiculous, I have to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I'd be worried if the whole album was like this.
    Martin Solveig wrote the songs for this album so it probably is.

Tinami 2012
    vCash
    I like it . Definitely not one of Madonna's best, but it's catchy and danceable.

vCash
    Shame. She has made some fabulous stuff but this is just fluff. And why does she need "feature" artists in it?
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Shame. She has made some fabulous stuff but this is just fluff. And why does she need "feature" artists in it?
    Because when was the last time a 50+ year old had a solo hit on Pop radio? It is her only hope for big radio play and sales.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    It's already no. 1 on iTunes so I guess she hit the mark there.
    The album is #1 based on pre-orders. The song is still at #11 and it clearly is not going to be breaking sales records if it can't get into the top 10 after a big premiere and radio stations every where playing the song every hour on the hour. Not that it had to break records but people thought it had a chance to debut at #1 with only 3 days of sales.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    It's been scientifically proven that any song featuring Nicki Minaj is absolutely brilliant.

You can't argue with science.

vCash
    bleh.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Because when was the last time a 50+ year old had a solo hit on Pop radio? It is her only hope for big radio play and sales.
    Cher with "Believe" (who, much as I love her, really started the whole insanity of "style" in production that is autotuning from what I can tell)?

I don't particularly care for Madonna, as you may have guessed from comments, but she has tremendous clout in the industry still and really doesn't need to be as bad or dumbed-down or obviously autotuned as the vast majority of male/female/whatever recording artists today IMHO in order to get play or sales.
    Last edited by VALuvsMKwan; 02-04-2012 at 05:41 AM.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    the song and the video reminded me of something gwen stefani would have made for a b side in 2004
    I don't mind the song but the video looks like an outtake from GLEE. where they incorporate visual elements from an artist's entire career in one song, yeah?

MIA looks completely bored
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    The production on it sounds completely half-assed. It's like she knows she can churn out whatever crap she wants and people will still eat it up because she's f*cking Madonna.
    And I felt embarrassed for MIA, her own material is 10X times better than this sh*t.
    As for Nicki Minaj...meh.

vCash
    Well she could do something decent. That might ensure some records sales and airplay.

Oh wait most commercial pop music is crap anyway so it wouldn't matter.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Geezus, enough with the "she's 50 so who is going to listen to her" stuff.

I don't have an opinion one way or another on her new song, but why don't you try listening to the song and not worrying about her age? I don't see anyone condemning the cr*p made by Katy Perry, Ke$ha, et al, just because of how old or young they are.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    I like it . Definitely not one of Madonna's best, but it's catchy and danceable.
    Really? I'll listen/watch again but I think it is awful. I know vocally her range is limited but she could have done so much better than this. But kudo's to her on her fitness--amazing that she is 50+.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Geezus, enough with the "she's 50 so who is going to listen to her" stuff.

I don't have an opinion one way or another on her new song, but why don't you try listening to the song and not worrying about her age? I don't see anyone condemning the cr*p made by Katy Perry, Ke$ha, et al, just because of how old or young they are.
    Calm down. I am talking from a purely business stand point. I don't care if she is 8000 years old. Radio does. Look at the charts and see how many solo artists have had hits after the age of 30, then 40, and then 50. It is ASTONISHING the sudden drop off. Don't shoot the messenger.

And you pretty much proved my point by mentioning the crap by other artists. It sells even though it is crap. They can get away with it by being hip, sexy and YOUNG. It is the business. Sex sells but YOUTH sells even more. A combination of the two is unbeatable.
    -Brian

Choice is an illusion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I looked at the album's playlist on itune. It has a song called "Girls Gone Wild" and another one called "Gang Bang"
    I just wonder what these songs will be about?

I actually saw this new Madonna's video yesterday for the first time on one of the French music TV channels and I remembered at once the interesting episode which happened when I was studying at the University.

We were discussing the new videos we saw (and it was just when Bedtime Story was released) and one girl said: "Did you see that new video.... erm.... I forgot the name.... well, it's where Madonna is lying on a bed of some kind....?" And there was an immediate response from several people at once: "Can you give us the videos where Madonna isn't lying on the bed of some kind?"

So, after seeing the new video yesterday I came to the conclusion that Madonna finally completely switched from accentuating, well, her upper body to accentuating her thighs - it seems like I saw them in almost every video from her Confessions album.

As to the song itself - I had a dejavu - I thought this was her new song from her Confessions album, not the new one, it sounded essentially the same for me. And I do think that at least half of the French songs on that channel sound much better than this one.

I'm really disappointed. Ray of Light was probably the last Madonna's album that I really liked. And the last song that I liked was Die Another Day, which was later. Since then - nothing of interest for me personally.

Choice is an illusion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    But kudo's to her on her fitness--amazing that she is 50+.
    Yes, I agree. But she is not the only one here. Mylene Farmer is also 50 and she also looks gorgeous

vCash
    I'm just going to say it. American Life (the album and the song and especially the original video) is extremely underrated. I think it was the last album she made with true introspection and trying to really branch out as an artist. It was a good time for her since she was coming off a personal unprecedwntes time of commerical AND critical accolades due to Ray of Light and Music. I think the critical and commercial failure of American Life just ruined that direction. Not that Confessions on a Dance Floor and Hard Candy didn't have interesting material and it did have some fabulous and even dark tracks, I just think she just decided to play it safe and allow herself to not be so serious. I'm going to wait until I hear the rest of album before I make a rash judgment regarding the direction of her music. Worst comes to worst, her next CD will no doubt go in a different direction if past history shows us anything.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Calm down. I am talking from a purely business stand point. I don't care if she is 8000 years old. Radio does.
    The most played songs on US radio in the past decade:

1. Nickelback, How You Remind Me
    2. Train, Drops of Jupiter
    3. Lifehouse, Hanging By a Moment
    4. Faith Hill, Breathe
    5. 3 Doors Down, Kryptonite
    6. Faith Hill, The Way You Love Me
    7. Lee Ann Womack, I Hope You Dance
    (source: http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/n...ade08_TB_N.htm)

So after you get over being depressed....I don't see a lot of people in their 20s on this list. Radio isn't as age-conscious as you might think.
    Last edited by overedge; 02-04-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: number correction
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I don't know if anyone has seen Headcases but this is how they have depicted Madonna and her fitness regime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARVbcbxzhyw

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast