Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned Member
    vCash
    Andrews Deluc surely didn't look happy at 2012SJ. Maybe he might be available for Caitlin?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winterone View Post
    Andrews Deluc surely didn't look happy at 2012SJ. Maybe he might be available for Caitlin?
    Cassie can't jump, but Andrews/LeDuc do have some lovely qualities together. I wonder if they'll stick it out for a little longer.

Banned Member
    vCash

Jump

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Cassie can't jump, but Andrews/LeDuc do have some lovely qualities together. I wonder if they'll stick it out for a little longer.
    Reese you raise an interesting question. Why is it that pairs skaters who have good jumps when they are singles loose them when they become pairs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winterone View Post
    Reese you raise an interesting question. Why is it that pairs skaters who have good jumps when they are singles loose them when they become pairs?

It's more difficult to jump next to somebody else. Really distracting. When you try and match their timing, yours can be easily thrown off.

As for Andrews/Leduc who knows really, I heard they were fighting a bit before nationals; but things around nationals tend to get really high in tension when mistakes are being made so.... He doesn't appear to be all that strong so his options may be limited.

vCash
    I really hate saying this, but if Caitlyn cannot find a partner by the start of next season, should she look for one outside the USA? Canada may be the most obvious place, but may be even Russia/Germany/France? I would hate to see her career end for lack of a partner. I hope she finds a worthy partner in the USA.

vCash
    Yeah i don't think there'd be anything wrong with her taking up another country...

Btw as sylvia posted in the other topic, Scimeca and Dmitrov split. Wonder who scimeca will skate with.... She's short enough for Meekins :O

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    Yeah i don't think there'd be anything wrong with her taking up another country...

Btw as sylvia posted in the other topic, Scimeca and Dmitrov split. Wonder who scimeca will skate with.... She's short enough for Meekins :O
    Meekins???? I'm sorry Meekins needs to realize he has been out way to long! He couldn't even skate with a pint size girl and struggled when he was with Jessica. I would think if he was serious of a come back he would have found someone by now. But hey, more power to him if he can find a small girl or boy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I really hate saying this, but if Caitlyn cannot find a partner by the start of next season, should she look for one outside the USA? Canada may be the most obvious place, but may be even Russia/Germany/France? I would hate to see her career end for lack of a partner. I hope she finds a worthy partner in the USA.
    Wasn't she trying to skate with Guarise for Italy? USFS wouldn't release her...

Banned Member
    vCash

pairs release

Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    Wasn't she trying to skate with Guarise for Italy? USFS wouldn't release her...
    All you have to do is write a check. Pay usfsa back the money they have given you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaci View Post
    Meekins???? I'm sorry Meekins needs to realize he has been out way to long! He couldn't even skate with a pint size girl and struggled when he was with Jessica. I would think if he was serious of a come back he would have found someone by now. But hey, more power to him if he can find a small girl or boy
    Drew was very good when he was a Junior level skater. He just was not successful on the Senior Level. But I agree with Jaci, he would need a small girl if he is trying to get back in the saddle again! Maybe he should stick to his writing. He seems to do really well with writing about the sport and has stayed connected. Good luck in his partner search as he's been looking for a few years now.

Banned Member
    vCash

pairs

ITA. Alexa is a good kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaci View Post

Drew recently updated his Partner Search profile, I would think that means he is still looking for a partner.

vCash
    He doesn't appear to be all that strong so his options may be limited.
    I'm not going to speculate on his current partnership- but he is still relatively new to pairs (this is his third season, and his first season with Gifford was kind of a fluke), he's definitely building up his strength. And he is really tall, so if he wants to stay in pairs, he has a lot more options than some of the shorter men.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Anyone know why Aleca S is off IPS?

vCash
    sadly I think Andrews/le Duc won't last, Cassie is a beautiful skater but her jumps have not progressed for a long time now and Tim has all triples including 3A, I don't think Cassie has a consistent 2A

vCash
    just thought I'd point out how irrelevant the 3A is to pairs, along with the triple-triple combo being rarely relevant that people still bring up. Jumping is just one part of a program; it's important, but not everything.

vCash
    I agree that 3A and 3/3 are rarely relevant to pairs, but 2A and triples are jumps used by the winning teams. I am not a fan of the sport being so driven by jump scores but unfortunately it seems that is the direction the sport has taken with the current judging system, I also agree that they are only one part of the program, but sadly if two skaters are not able to perform to the same level then they tend to split.

vCash
    Girls who have the perfect frame for high-level IJS lifts have an awful frame for consistently landing solo triples, and vice versa. It's one of the many paradoxes in the current pairs environment that's contributing to short-term teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Ali3 View Post
    Girls who have the perfect frame for high-level IJS lifts have an awful frame for consistently landing solo triples, and vice versa. It's one of the many paradoxes in the current pairs environment that's contributing to short-term teams.
    I don't know very much about pairs, so I am interested to know why you think this. I have always been led to believe that small girls make better jumpers.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash

Cain/Reagan split

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast